Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Stargate Fragile Balance (703)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    FRAGILE BALANCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 703

A teenage boy shows up at the S.G.C. claiming to be Jack O'Neill, sending the team on a mission to uncover his true identity.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 07:50 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant Gaterelle's Avatar
    The Land of IKEA, Absolut Vodka and Salt Licorice

Default Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Excellent episode and I wish we could see more of Michael Welch. He did an outstanding job as portraying Jack and I was amazed by it. ))
    Gaterelle

When I first watched it, I was in stitches with Mini-Jack. Michael welch did an excellent job in getting me to think that it was a shrunken Jack!

Smile Re: Fragile Balance (703)

This one was so funny, what a kid. What a nightmare to be Jack O'Neill and be 16. He wanted some beer, and he was double tuff wasn't he.I really didn't like it the first time I saw it, but the second time was better,so I went for the third time, and I loved it.

I do like this episode now, but I had to watch it more than once, too. I agree that Michael Welch did a great job in portraying Jack.
    I think it was interesting to see that at the end that even though the mimi-Jack was a clone he was slightly different from the real Jack when he made the decision to go back to highschool while the real Jack didn't like the idea at all.
    But it's gotta be really weird to have the memory of a lifes experiences and be stuck in a 15 or 16 year old body and live another life.

Michael Welch did an amazing job being Jack. The first time I watched the episode I didn't even realize RDA wasn't in the episode because 'Jack' was right there.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Hehe, i almost didn't know that the mini-jack plays in Joan of Arcadia. Didn't exactly love the episode, but i did enjoy Thor walking around, i think... haha..

We get to see another Asgard... Loki.

The kid that plays little Jack did a good job emulating him.

Airman

I'm usually the first to critisize actors but Michael Welch did a good job.

I loved the scene at the end where Jack says goodbye to his younger self. The music in the background was really refreshing and it gave the scene a different feel.

If anyone was wondering the song is "Who am I" by Lily Frost.

Its a pretty cool concept. Imagine having a younger version of yourself with the same memories living live again. It would be even weirder for the clone.

One of my favourite eps.

I hope we see him again before SG-1 is over.

I think little jacks skills at being good at OíNeill are over rated, I didnít think they suited the role and were perfect, i know you carnt get it perfect-perfect but still. Though I think that, Spoilers

The episode were little jack and Mayborn meet up will be good and I am looking forward to seeing it.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Watched this episode for the umpfteenth time and I can not get over how good Michael Welsh is. His voice inflection, his body movements - he just completely captured OīNeill.

Lots of humour in this episode, which you can probably never get too much of.

"O-kay... Wrong console."

Daniel: "Thereīs no easy way to tell you this, so... Samīs just gonna come right out and say it."

Oh, and Thor. You can never get too much of Thor either.

But then, I like to pretend that the episode ends up in that ship, just after Thor says he will do what he can so CloneJack can live. The high-school bit did not work for me.

Another ok ep, for me. Some good acting, and a good story.

The only problem I had was the pilots briefing scene. If they wern't prepared to listen to SC, then why would they listen to a kid? The American forces are better trained than that. I don't believethe pilots would have been so disrespectful to SC. She is, after all, a superior officer.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Chief Master Sergeant

If anyone was wondering the song is "Who am I" by Lily Frost.
    If anyone was wondering iTunes doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    I don't believethe pilots would have been so disrespectful to SC. She is, after all, a superior officer.
    Was she? I thought she addressed one of the guys as Major.

Chief Master Sergeant THE BIG UNIT's Avatar

I also had a bit of a problem with the Pilots scene.

Its possible that there were more people in the room who were a Major but one of them was a Captain. i doubt there would have been anyone in the room who was higher. But even if some were Major, she has had far more experience than most currently alive at the SGC. She was more than likely the senior officer in the room. When the Pilots found out the Kid was really Jack they all sat up straight and looked ready to listen, they really should have been like that in the first place.

Since they obviously know who Sam is it's hard to believe that they would behave like that to a person who has saved the world so many times (and consequently them).

I think all this scene was supposed to show is Jack's command presence. Im glad they showed him the respect he deserved but i feel it was at sam's expense. They obviously respect jack alot, if they respect him that much to listen to him even if he was 15, they would probably respect sam alot aswell.

That was the only part i didn't like in the episode. As a whole, i thought it was great.

In a very nice house in the wet and soggy UK

I agree about the pilots. Seemed disrespectful of them, and does anyone do anything about it? But they will be more respectful to a teenager? I would have been really annoyed. Anyway, apart from that, I thought it was a really funny episode, and the ending was very nicely done, IMO.
    AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
    My Fanfic LJ
    My stories on FF.net

Wink Fragile Balance (between pedophilia and acceptable)

So I just finished watching this episode and I agree that the kid did a fantastic job as Jack and that it was nice and entertaining and all, but whatís with the going back to high school bit. I understand that one would want to go back and learn the things one didnít learn, but when little Jack was leaving the truck, he glanced over at the girls and I couldnít help but think ďyou freking pedophile!Ē Jackís supposed to be old, like 50, but heís looking at those high school girls like they were produce. Just because he was in the body of a kid doesnít justify him trolling for some young, high school action. I mean, what kind of message does that ending send to viewers? I think the writers and directors were trying to say that it would be great to go back and do things all over again, but what I got was, itíd be great to go back so we could prey on fresh young girls again. But then again, I canít blame the writers for thinking that; I imagine that many of those who are of Jackís age and those, including myself, who will eventually become Jackís age, will have the same ideas pass through their minds at one time or another. But thatís not the point; the point is that the producers blatantly allowed such magnificently foul ideas seep onto the TV screen. It was kind of funny, but it was a little disturbing. I canít help but to think that this episode gave viewers a little peek into the darker, nastier side of the minds of the writers. Albeit, very subtly.

Default Re: Fragile Balance (between pedophilia and acceptable)

I see your point. I think it's one of those times that you just have to disenegage your brain for a few moments if you're to enjoy the show. Jack's ogling schoolgirls? Sam's injured on the floor and the guys have their hands in their pockets? Jack's snogged Sam and she doesn't know it and he's looking smug about it?

I just think there are times when the writers, directors and so forth are so fixed on getting scene 12 right or getting the lighting just how they want it and a thousand other things that they don't have time to fully think through the implications of certain things. I reckon the fact that the actor was fifteen distracted them from the obvious truth that a 56-year-old oughtn't to be eying up fifteen year olds.

Since stuff like that is pretty rare it's easy for me to just file it under Silly Mistake and move on .

Madeleine

But don't we all have something in our life we'd love to go back and redo?

Young Jack wanted go back to high school and re live his adolescent years. Jack was able to save him from death. Hmmm . . . high school or death? Let me think.

Young Jack said the air force "set him up." Does that mean he's living with a foster family? Living off the base? Won't he have to change his name? I'm sure there are a few Jack O'Neill's running around the USA, but really. Talk about your identity theft. Perhaps he'll go by John or Johnathan.

Just a few things to ponder. I like to nit pick.

Lisa Michelle

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast