Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
    The Jack clone was created to live for only a short time. Loki said (I think) that there was nothing that could be done for him.

A few minutes later, Thor said the opposite.

The Asgard not being able to help would simply be that the writers instead end the story with Thor telling SG-1 that Loki is correct and that the Asgard don't have the technology to undo the damage to the young clone.

The two Jacks then go fishing, or some such. O'Neill finally has a fishing companion that doesn't feel like he is being tortured. A sad ending, but not too sombre.
    Since they never revisited "young jack" i also in some small way, would have been ok had Thor said "Loki is right, there is nothing our technology can do to undo what Loki has done.. "..

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      I don't understand 'Asgard not be able to help'. Explain???
      They have a no-intereference policy in place. It's mentioned somewhere in the earlier seasons. However, I'm not entirely sure if it still stands around the beginning of season 7. It definitely still stands during season 5 with the episode where they gated through a sun and envoked Ragnarok.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No you get me wrong - I'm perfectly acquainted with Asgard policy.
        It's your sentence I don't get - something is missing so that there is a problem in structure and consequently in understanding - all in all I can't translate your sentence.
        Last edited by Anja; 02 October 2015, 11:14 AM. Reason: missing apostrophe
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
          No you get me wrong - I'm perfectly acquainted with Asgard policy.
          It's your sentence I don't get - something is missing so that there is a problem in structure and consequently in understanding - all in all I can't translate your sentence.
          Who are you referring to? Whose sentence can't you translate?

It's a bit confusing if you don't quote anyone...

Comment

Okay, I got it - verb missing.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Just watched this again tonight. Michael Welch was fantastic. So many little mannerisms that were so Jack O'Neill, he did well. Re-watching this series reminds me of how I miss this type of sc-fi in todays TV.

It would be great to be able to use him as a young Jack O'Neill in a new series. there would be something familiar but something new since his life would have possibly taken a different path.

Comment

Michael Welch no longer looks like a young Jack. For one, he's about 4" shorter than RDA, and for two, he only had brown eyes in this episode because he wore special contacts.

It would be a pity to place him in a role that didn't take full advantage of his beautiful blue eyes.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Couldn't for the life of me remember what this episode was about -- literally not a clue, right up to the point where I choose it from the DVD menu and I saw the chapter-choices, and there I was like "Oh, the young Jack one -- right..."

So yeah... some lasting impression this one had, I guess. Or simply that I have only seen it like three times now because I quite like it. It's a fun episode, more or less Earth based, exploring a little more Asgard and bringing in some alien abductions. And putting a fun spin on it with Clone!Jack. Michael Welch did an amazing job picking up on Rick's mannerism for Jack O'Neill. He 'cloned' them better than Loki cloned his character.

How would you rate SG-1's "Fragile Balance?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

Comment

Another one of those episodes where they had to stretch the plot because RDA wasn't available. I find myself bored. The young Jack doesn't do it for me and its pretty obvious what is happening. I give it a poor
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I give this one a good because I thought it was very well done for what it was, and Michael Welch acted it perfectly. The premise seemed a bit contrived to me though.

Comment

I thought this was a good episode, but was upset with the ending of young Jack being dropped off at high school. He has all of older Jack's experiences and memories that he has to take with him into whatever direction his life takes, and he has also lost all of the friends and people he cared about at the SGC and anywhere else, because he can have no contact with them. He knows all about the Stargate program, but can't do anything with that information. It's beyond horribly unfair to him and will likely cause all sorts of emotional problems down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          and will likely cause all sorts of emotional problems down the road.
                          This is Jack we're talking about. He'll have flashes of a barber's life in Indiana for years and not tell anyone because he finds it comforting.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            He has all of older Jack's experiences and memories that he has to take with him into whatever direction his life takes
                            I've always found this assumption interesting. I don't see that this is necessarily the case. Who's to say that when clone!Jack was fixed, they didn't set things up so that the memories would fade over time, leaving him a regular teenager? Yet that's not a direction anyone seems to go. Personally, I just can't see Thor leaving the kid in that position, and think he would make the memories fade as clone!Jack goes through his various growth spurts and/or learning curves.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This one might have been too long for most of you to do the quiz-bit, but well... life is unpredictable and mine certainly has been rattled something fierce this 2019.

Anywho... here it is...

3-episode quiz: Fragile Balance, Orpheus & Revisions

Jigsaw puzzle: Fragile Balance

Comment

The Master be rusty

7 minutes 23 seconds
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X