No announcement yet.

Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasnt just off world fighting and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
      It wasnt just off world fighting and what not.

Fragile Balance was shot, according to tptb, as a "fun" show. Everyone involved thought it was was "a lot of fun to work with a kid who was trying to get all the O'Neill-isms we all know and love so well." (MS)

It was originally proposed as a way to shoot an RDA episode without RDA not being available for much of the "shoot" time. All in all, it turned out very well, not in small part due to the very gifted young actor chosen to play young Jack, Michael Welch. His rhythm and timing were dead on.

IMHO, it was a great epi, and a welcome break from the "usual".

(I also loved Jack's line...."A mini-me"?)
      Last edited by Lida; 21 July 2005, 05:09 AM.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I watched this episode again this morning and I love it. Michael nailed the Jack mannerisms. I wonder if he was a fan of the show before appearing on it? It cetainly looked as if the rest of the cast,especially Amanda, had a great time making this ep.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

ahh I saw the summary of this episode and was itching to watch it
          Sometimes I prefer the non-off-world episodes a bit more, where interesting things happen that doesn't involve fighting, like the TPTB said, it was "fun" =D
          Liked the actor on JoA (currently), very good at "Jack". I'm probabaly gonna file away the high school bit as a silly mistake...since the implications of Jack ogling at high school girls is disturbing O.o
          Teal'c: Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.

Comment

Originally posted by Iris
            ahh I saw the summary of this episode and was itching to watch it
            Sometimes I prefer the non-off-world episodes a bit more, where interesting things happen that doesn't involve fighting, like the TPTB said, it was "fun" =D
            Liked the actor on JoA (currently), very good at "Jack". I'm probabaly gonna file away the high school bit as a silly mistake...since the implications of Jack ogling at high school girls is disturbing O.o
            I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it, Jack ogling young girls is not right but his new teenage hormones were running rampant so I can forgive him and as he said in the car that this was where they took different paths so you know that 'duplicate O'Neill' and the real O'Neill were completely different people from that moment on.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

The asgard are in this episode ... therefore it rocks.

They have made no further reference to the asgard Loki since this episode?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, coz I ended up feeling real sorry for him).

Cheers, Jerome

(Yeah! 2 Posts!)

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                I watched this episode again this morning and I love it. Michael nailed the Jack mannerisms. I wonder if he was a fan of the show before appearing on it? It cetainly looked as if the rest of the cast,especially Amanda, had a great time making this ep.
                The actor who portrayed the "mini-me" Jack, Michael Welch, viewed many hours of Stargate before he undertook the role, so as to get all of RDA's "Jack" mannerisms perfect. I think he did!
                Last edited by Lida; 21 July 2005, 05:08 AM.
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by pogiangel
                  The asgard are in this episode ... therefore it rocks.

They have made no further reference to the asgard Loki since this episode?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, coz I ended up feeling real sorry for him).

Cheers, Jerome

(Yeah! 2 Posts!)
                  You are right, Loki hasn't been heard of since but then again contact with the Asgard has been sketchy at best since this ep so who nows what they've done with him. I too felt a little bit sorry for Loki as well, after all he was only trying to save his race from extinction. Who knows, maybe one day he would have found 'the one' to save the Asgard.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                    You are right, Loki hasn't been heard of since but then again contact with the Asgard has been sketchy at best since this ep so who nows what they've done with him. I too felt a little bit sorry for Loki as well, after all he was only trying to save his race from extinction. Who knows, maybe one day he would have found 'the one' to save the Asgard.
                    Maybe so, but the end does not justify the means.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      The actor who portrayed the "mini-me" Jack, Michael Walsh, viewed many hours of Stargate before he undertook the role, so as to get all of RDA's "Jack" mannerisms perfect. I think he did!
                      It was a little uncomfortable to see Jack (but not Jack), but Walsh did a great job! The first time I saw the ep, I was really blown away by how on-target his portrayal of O'Neill was. I really like this ep!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        It was a little uncomfortable to see Jack (but not Jack), but Walsh did a great job! The first time I saw the ep, I was really blown away by how on-target his portrayal of O'Neill was. I really like this ep!
                        Sorry sg-1fanintn, I misspelled the actor's name. It's Michael Welch, not Walsh.

Mea culpa.....
                        On fighting:

Comment

Anyone realise this: mini-Jack Michael Welch mom in Joan is Mary Steenburgen?
                          This is my sugnature!
                          Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Originally posted by mightydefiant
                            Anyone realise this: mini-Jack Michael Welch mom in Joan is Mary Steenburgen?
                            Hello, how much of a coincidence is that. Or is it?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              Sorry sg-1fanintn, I misspelled the actor's name. It's Michael Welch, not Walsh.

Mea culpa.....
                              I'm Divcon's eldest daughter and I Love Your Sig.

I'm Divcon's youngest daughter and my name is Megan.Your sig is funny.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

i would love it for the writers to make a follow up to Fragile Balance.

Duplicate Oneill or DON as i like to call him is a rebel and a prankster in highschool.

Cmon, you just know that the original Jack made a few visits to the principals office when he was young LOL so why wouldn't his clone be the same?

Obiviously its too soon to get RDA back but i think its time Michael Welch came back for an ep. Theres so many more oneillisms to poke fun at!
                                the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Working...
                                X