Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
    It is just me, who thinks, that beeing stuck in a young body with all memories has to be really difficult for Jack? I can not imagine that he would be just: "yeah, ok, I am going to study and date 15 years old girls." When I think about Jack's clone ,which was made earlier, he didn't want to stop with exploring and was acting more like Jack than Mini-Jack. Whole his life- Sara,Charlie even Sam, SGC, these things where so important to him and now he is going to start a new life?
    In some way, it could be pretty depressive.
    Just my thoughts
    I don't really get the impression that Jack has a drive to explore. To me, he does what he does out of a sense of duty and obligation. His true dream seems to be to retire and live the quiet life.

Maybe that'll change for his clone since he no longer has an old body that's telling him it's time to slow down. In which case, he has a whole lifetime ahead of him still. He can relax/suffer through a couple of years of high school and then do pretty much whatever he wants. If that means joining the army again and trying to work his way back into the SGC, it's quite possible that he could convince old Jack to let it happen if he tried hard enough.

The downside is that he has to let go of his past relationships and develop new ones, but there have been instances where Daniel and Sam have commented on how he's kind of a loner in his personal life. He'll sometimes socialize with the team off base, but when left to his own devices long enough, he's usually up in that cabin "fishing" and watching "The Simpsons" by himself.

Besides, plenty of people find themselves having to give up their entire social circle and start over in the real world. It's not for everyone, but people move far away all the time and, after a bit of an adjustment period, many are capable of coping. For someone who was sent all over the world during his years in special operations, Jack has made a career out of cutting people from his life and integrating himself with new groups of people, so this is old hat to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
      I don't really get the impression that Jack has a drive to explore. To me, he does what he does out of a sense of duty and obligation. His true dream seems to be to retire and live the quiet life.

Maybe that'll change for his clone since he no longer has an old body that's telling him it's time to slow down. In which case, he has a whole lifetime ahead of him still. He can relax/suffer through a couple of years of high school and then do pretty much whatever he wants. If that means joining the army again and trying to work his way back into the SGC, it's quite possible that he could convince old Jack to let it happen if he tried hard enough.

The downside is that he has to let go of his past relationships and develop new ones, but there have been instances where Daniel and Sam have commented on how he's kind of a loner in his personal life. He'll sometimes socialize with the team off base, but when left to his own devices long enough, he's usually up in that cabin "fishing" and watching "The Simpsons" by himself.

Besides, plenty of people find themselves having to give up their entire social circle and start over in the real world. It's not for everyone, but people move far away all the time and, after a bit of an adjustment period, many are capable of coping. For someone who was sent all over the world during his years in special operations, Jack has made a career out of cutting people from his life and integrating himself with new groups of people, so this is old hat to him.
      Yes, I would think,that now,when he is in a young body,also his "vitality" will be better and maybe not need to retire anymore.
      But I still think that he is too stubborn to just leave SGC, or maybe ok, he will leave it but start to go to the school? I don't know, it is just a bit weird for me.
      In the end I want to say that it is just my opinion and I can be wrong.

Comment

I really don't think he cares about the SGC that much, and again, he's spent his whole career going where the air force tells him to. Even if he was as stubborn as you think, there's no way they can authorize putting someone who's in the body of a kid in the field, so he'd be stuck behind a desk doing something he'd hate. They're not going to place him in charge of anything, so whatever they give him, it would be some low level thing. Then there's the issue of him needing a cover, which is difficult since, on paper and to anyone without security clearance who investigates/audits the SGC's cover, he's technically underage.

I agree that the high school thing is weird, though. I think that's one of those things people think of as fun, but the reality of having to listen to high school kids interact with you as if you're their peer on daily basis would get old fast. Between the difference in maturity and the generational gap (memes and emojis alone would make Jack a not too happy camper), I wouldn't have been surprised had there been a followup story where we learned he dropped out within a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post

I agree that the high school thing is weird, though. I think that's one of those things people think of as fun, but the reality of having to listen to high school kids interact with you as if you're their peer on daily basis would get old fast. Between the difference in maturity and the generational gap (memes and emojis alone would make Jack a not too happy camper), I wouldn't have been surprised had there been a followup story where we learned he dropped out within a month.
          It would be really nice to get an update. Maybe in season 8. Just a little mention,how is he doing and so.
          It is really pitty that so often we don't get any new informations about side characters and allies, that appeared in the show.

Comment

Working...
          X