Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fragile Balance (703)

to quote O'Neill (Again)

"Nice"

Quote Originally Posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
    Wouldn't surprise me if they found out Sam also has the gene and was never really in a position to show it
    Spoiler:
    Like in It's Good to be King, she never sat on the pilot chair and tried to fly the thing. Maybe she has the gene?

And in any case her superior intellect would make the experiment worth it. The Shippers get the shipBaby they want, Sam gets the family she wants and humankind is a little higher up the evolution ladder than having only Jack's DNA involved in the process *shudders at the tought of Jack being the next step*
    Um, by this point they've gotta have a test for it. Betcha it's expensive and time consuming (most stuff involving DNA is), so they wouldn't be testing people in job lots, but people connected to the SGC would be among the first to be tested. So they wouldn't have known in S7 whether or not she had the gene (iirc they didn't know about the gene until the first ep of Atlantis), but I betcha by this point they know.

Also, I don't think that the gene is what makes Jack 'advanced.' The Asgard didn't run tests on him and go "wow, this human's advanced." They saw how he was able to handle the Ancient download the first time and went "wow, this human's advanced." Besides, they were best pals with the Ancients way back when. If it were just a matter of Ancient DNA, they'd probably have another source of it, y'know? And if the Ancient Gene has been a part of the human genome for the past few thousand years, you can't call it "advanced" any more; it's just a part of the genome, now.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Fun episode. Almost wish it had been Jack and not a clone, so he'd have had the opposite of Brief Candle.

I like this nice twist from the normal eps.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by briguy213
    I like this nice twist from the normal eps.
    Profound observation, care to expound further?
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

It wasnt just off world fighting and what not.

Lieutenant Colonel

Chevron Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Quote Originally Posted by briguy213
    It wasnt just off world fighting and what not.

Fragile Balance was shot, according to tptb, as a "fun" show. Everyone involved thought it was was "a lot of fun to work with a kid who was trying to get all the O'Neill-isms we all know and love so well." (MS)

It was originally proposed as a way to shoot an RDA episode without RDA not being available for much of the "shoot" time. All in all, it turned out very well, not in small part due to the very gifted young actor chosen to play young Jack, Michael Welch. His rhythm and timing were dead on.

IMHO, it was a great epi, and a welcome break from the "usual".

(I also loved Jack's line...."A mini-me"?)
    Last edited by Lida; July 21st, 2005 at 05:09 AM.
    On fighting:

Re: Fragile Balance (703)

I watched this episode again this morning and I love it. Michael nailed the Jack mannerisms. I wonder if he was a fan of the show before appearing on it? It cetainly looked as if the rest of the cast,especially Amanda, had a great time making this ep.
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...con/divcon.png
    TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Probie

ahh I saw the summary of this episode and was itching to watch it
    Sometimes I prefer the non-off-world episodes a bit more, where interesting things happen that doesn't involve fighting, like the TPTB said, it was "fun" =D
    Liked the actor on JoA (currently), very good at "Jack". I'm probabaly gonna file away the high school bit as a silly mistake...since the implications of Jack ogling at high school girls is disturbing O.o
    Teal'c: Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris
    ahh I saw the summary of this episode and was itching to watch it
    Sometimes I prefer the non-off-world episodes a bit more, where interesting things happen that doesn't involve fighting, like the TPTB said, it was "fun" =D
    Liked the actor on JoA (currently), very good at "Jack". I'm probabaly gonna file away the high school bit as a silly mistake...since the implications of Jack ogling at high school girls is disturbing O.o
    I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it, Jack ogling young girls is not right but his new teenage hormones were running rampant so I can forgive him and as he said in the car that this was where they took different paths so you know that 'duplicate O'Neill' and the real O'Neill were completely different people from that moment on.
    TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

The asgard are in this episode ... therefore it rocks.

They have made no further reference to the asgard Loki since this episode?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, coz I ended up feeling real sorry for him).

Cheers, Jerome

(Yeah! 2 Posts!)

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by divcon
    I watched this episode again this morning and I love it. Michael nailed the Jack mannerisms. I wonder if he was a fan of the show before appearing on it? It cetainly looked as if the rest of the cast,especially Amanda, had a great time making this ep.
    The actor who portrayed the "mini-me" Jack, Michael Welch, viewed many hours of Stargate before he undertook the role, so as to get all of RDA's "Jack" mannerisms perfect. I think he did!
    Last edited by Lida; July 21st, 2005 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pogiangel
    The asgard are in this episode ... therefore it rocks.

They have made no further reference to the asgard Loki since this episode?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, coz I ended up feeling real sorry for him).

Cheers, Jerome

(Yeah! 2 Posts!)
    You are right, Loki hasn't been heard of since but then again contact with the Asgard has been sketchy at best since this ep so who nows what they've done with him. I too felt a little bit sorry for Loki as well, after all he was only trying to save his race from extinction. Who knows, maybe one day he would have found 'the one' to save the Asgard.
    TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Quote Originally Posted by divcon
    You are right, Loki hasn't been heard of since but then again contact with the Asgard has been sketchy at best since this ep so who nows what they've done with him. I too felt a little bit sorry for Loki as well, after all he was only trying to save his race from extinction. Who knows, maybe one day he would have found 'the one' to save the Asgard.
    Maybe so, but the end does not justify the means.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Heart Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Quote Originally Posted by Lida
    The actor who portrayed the "mini-me" Jack, Michael Walsh, viewed many hours of Stargate before he undertook the role, so as to get all of RDA's "Jack" mannerisms perfect. I think he did!
    It was a little uncomfortable to see Jack (but not Jack), but Walsh did a great job! The first time I saw the ep, I was really blown away by how on-target his portrayal of O'Neill was. I really like this ep!

Lieutenant Colonel

Chevron Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Quote Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
    It was a little uncomfortable to see Jack (but not Jack), but Walsh did a great job! The first time I saw the ep, I was really blown away by how on-target his portrayal of O'Neill was. I really like this ep!
    Sorry sg-1fanintn, I misspelled the actor's name. It's Michael Welch, not Walsh.

Mea culpa.....
    On fighting:

Earth Symbol Re: Fragile Balance (703)

Anyone realise this: mini-Jack Michael Welch mom in Joan is Mary Steenburgen?

Quote Originally Posted by mightydefiant
    Anyone realise this: mini-Jack Michael Welch mom in Joan is Mary Steenburgen?
    Hello, how much of a coincidence is that. Or is it?
    TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Quote Originally Posted by Lida
    Sorry sg-1fanintn, I misspelled the actor's name. It's Michael Welch, not Walsh.

Mea culpa.....
    I'm Divcon's eldest daughter and I Love Your Sig.

I'm Divcon's youngest daughter and my name is Megan.Your sig is funny.
    TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

i would love it for the writers to make a follow up to Fragile Balance.

Duplicate Oneill or DON as i like to call him is a rebel and a prankster in highschool.

Cmon, you just know that the original Jack made a few visits to the principals office when he was young LOL so why wouldn't his clone be the same?

Obiviously its too soon to get RDA back but i think its time Michael Welch came back for an ep. Theres so many more oneillisms to poke fun at!