Fragile Balance (703)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1
    i would love it for the writers to make a follow up to Fragile Balance.

Duplicate Oneill or DON as i like to call him is a rebel and a prankster in highschool.

Cmon, you just know that the original Jack made a few visits to the principals office when he was young LOL so why wouldn't his clone be the same?

Obiviously its too soon to get RDA back but i think its time Michael Welch came back for an ep. Theres so many more oneillisms to poke fun at!
    Sometimes, it's best to let "sleeping dogs lie", as I believe the episode in question, Fragile Balance, is a great example. It was a funny, even poignant episode, one that showcased the talent of a very young and gifted actor, Michael Welch. However, I don't think it would work a second time.

So, I'd prefer my memories of it and of course, my DVD's.

(As for Jack's clone being the "same".....once he became self aware, he was NO longer Jack. He had his own personality and therefore, would not necessarily repeat any of Jack's actions.)
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by mightydefiant
      Anyone realise this: mini-Jack Michael Welch mom in Joan is Mary Steenburgen?
      In real life or just on "Joan of Arcadia?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        In real life or just on "Joan of Arcadia?"
        In Joan.
        Mary Steenburgen...Helen Girardi
        Michael Welch...Luke Girardi
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367345/
        This is my sugnature!
        Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Didn't realize Michael Welch was the main kid in ST:Insurrection.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
            I did not know that!! Adds to Stargate-Star Trek links.
            This is my sugnature!
            Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
              He was? I've gotta re-watch that one. It's been so long!
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                It was a little uncomfortable to see Jack (but not Jack), but Walsh did a great job! The first time I saw the ep, I was really blown away by how on-target his portrayal of O'Neill was. I really like this ep!
                Michael Welch really did a good job on this. I watch it the 3rd time and notice that he's able to sort-of hide his thumbs most of the time (because he has a very different thumbs than RDA). Watch the first conference room meeting, he's fiddling his fingers like Jack would do, but he hides the thumbs.

And IMHO Mini-Jack didn't ogling the teenage high-school girls, he's just nodding his head toward them to give Jack a fact that life in high-school does not involve all studying, there's also (for example) gossiping teenage girls which he would consider as funny. I think the girls which in fact leering at Mini Jack.
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Welch did a terrific job of playing O'Neill, IMO. The beginning scene where Jack was trying to convince them who he was is hilarious. "Sounds like him. At least the loud, grating part." During the investigation at Jack's house, the "science experiment" comment and Sam taking the beer were so funny. Possible spoiler for Avalon part 1:
                  Spoiler:
                  What if Mitchell had been in that briefing? Imagine the conversation in S9 if he asked Daniel what had been going on that day
                  "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                  " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                  Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that when Hammond mentioned the briefing. LOL!
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I thought the Austin Powers reference was kind of funny...."mini-me"
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Great ep. Only thing I didnt like was the breifing but I guess they are saying that is how female officers are really treated in the USAF. That is sad if true. As an unlisted person in the USAF I never witnessed such but bad behavior but I guess it fit the plot of the ep, so whatever it takes, I guess.

The rest of the ep was great. Daniel specifically shined.
                        The "Sounds like him. At least the loud, grating part."
                        The naming of examples when Teal'c asked for one.
                        The "Sam has something to tell you" line.
                        Seems like there were a couple others to.

The kid played Jack perfectly. Hammond, Fraiser and Jacob were all good as always. Everyone cares about everyone else and you can tell. Maybe not be the greatest ep ever but it was a great ep.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

For me the most memorable scene in this ep was when young Jack addresses a whole room full of pilots and they honestly thought it was some kind of joke. And then the line that made them shape up was "It may not say Colonel on my uniform, but it should."
                          What kid actor would not love to talk down to a bunch of AF pilots? That was a classic moment in my book.
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Great ep. Only thing I didnt like was the breifing but I guess they are saying that is how female officers are really treated in the USAF. That is sad if true. As an unlisted person in the USAF I never witnessed such but bad behavior but I guess it fit the plot of the ep, so whatever it takes, I guess.

The rest of the ep was great. Daniel specifically shined.
                            The "Sounds like him. At least the loud, grating part."
                            The naming of examples when Teal'c asked for one.
                            The "Sam has something to tell you" line.
                            Seems like there were a couple others to.

The kid played Jack perfectly. Hammond, Fraiser and Jacob were all good as always. Everyone cares about everyone else and you can tell. Maybe not be the greatest ep ever but it was a great ep.
                            I liked the "Sam's going to tell you" line too & Sam's look was great.

Comment

i wanna kno the name of the song at the end of this episode as young Jack is dropped off at his new school. i searched using google but havent found anything. if anyone kno please post thanx!

Comment

Watched it again. Still a good ep, still only one part I didnt like but the rest was cool. Wonder if Thor was "impressed" that O'Neill wanted the clone to survive, thinking more of him because of it? Or if he was just "suprised" O'Neill wanted the clone to survive, thinking it was a silly sentimental human thing? There was definitly a reaction... i just dont know what to make of it.

Loki is often overlooked when we talk about asgards with personalities. He was the first one who was more "human" then the ones before him. I like how he said he was the only one with the courage to do what had to be done.... kinda sounds like Mckay or something.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X