X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Fan fic...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      Haha, I'm glad you like it! That was ages ago.
      Hehehe, yep! I'm only, what, two years behind in replying?
      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
      S/J all the way!
      Big Honkin' Resolution!
      sigpic
      John/Teyla Shipper!
      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Seriously great episode. It would have been a great idea to have a mini-Jack episode near the end of the series. The actor who played him is 20 now according to IMDB, so 2006 he would be the right age to play young Jack doing exactly what you'd expect him to do: entering the military with plans to get into the Stargate program. Imagine him in the Stargate cadet program!

Comment

That is true.. I would actually like to see him port over to SGU.. OR possibly even SGA>

Comment

does anyone know what kind of shades (young o'neill) puts on at the end of the episode?
            I am Thor, Sumpreme Commander of The Asgard Fleet.

"We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall.

Comment

its funny cause Young Jack and Cassandra Fraiser are close to the same age in 2008. except cassie's older cause she was born in 1985 and Jack was "born" in 1987 which mearns depending when the episode actually was aired (not in our time but in stargate canon) that would make young jack o'neill either turning 16 pretty soon.

Comment

This episode is on SciFi this evening, and I am once again reminded how annoyed I am with it. I did like the episode. However, it seems to me that everyone accepted just waaay too easily that mini-Jack was indeed Jack O'Neill. Even the pilots in the training session - just because mini-Jack more or less snarled at them, they sat up and all but saluted him. I'm just surprised at how easily everyone accepted that this kid was for real (even though he turned out to be a clone). After all, in previous episodes when weird things happened, instead of believing them (for example, Daniel in "Legacy" and Sam in "Ascension"), they either sent them off to a mental institution or to a psych evaluation and just plain didn't believe them. I seriously doubt that because of those episodes, people just started believing the strange happenings around the SGC without some kind of serious proof being presented.

Comment

In the two cases you mention, the characters looked the same but acted weird. In this case, Jack looked different but acted the same. The check-up they gave him said he was the same except for a seemingly insignificant blip, if I remember correctly. The team accepting him, isn't that big a leap. After all, stranger things have happened.

But I'll grant you that if the pilots weren't willing to give Sam the proper respect, it is unlikely they would have given it to some grouchy little kid, even if he did claim to be a colonel.
                  If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    Here's how I would have ended "Fragile Balance."
                    [..]
                    Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.
                    This whole ending is much better, thank you. It would be the only Jack-Sam relationship I don't object.

Although I must admit that I didn't see a reason why Sam would want to go to highschool either. Cadet Hailey would have wanted an A in every test just to prove that she's the best, but not Maj.?*Carter. Also Sam is probably not an expert in all disciplines taught at school (such as literature) and could even prove some of them wrong (history). Without that school scene this film would have been much better.

Wouldn't it be great if people could stop aging and choose to live on with the outer looks of their choice? I'd rather see the situation where Thor fails to "repair" the two clones and they don't age at all! And no d@*n school. They continue to live on base like Teal'c.

When I first watched this film, it came to me that Jack has become a security risk now. He knows everything about the stargate and is released in this highly hostile environment, a place where he'll easily get into conflicts sooner or later. At school nobody will back off receiving an answer: "That would be classified." They will beat his face to get the needed information.

About that hot chocolate... Are people in America not supposed to drink coffee until certain (quite high) age? I didn't see any hints that General Hammond had explicitly ordered to bring the fake coffee. So this must be the airman's initiative. Everybody knows about alcohol, but is it coffee too in America?

And how come everybody started to treat Jack so disrespectfully throughout the story, even after they had been convinced about his identity? It's hard to imagine that you could normally approach a superior officer and yank a bottle out of his hand. Previously none of the main heroes had shown a negative attitude towards consumption of alcohol. Even Teal'c drank some sort of moonshine once.

(between pedophilia and acceptable)
                    I've seen much more pedophilia in Brief Candle. Seriously I had to press 'pause' and get some air during that ep. P needs a new definition.

Comment

really enjoyed this ep. the kid was great at playing jack. wonderful acting there. nice to see another asgard. and thor of course. always nice to see thor. lots of quotable lines as mentioned by other posters here.

i felt bad for sam during the pilot scene. it's a good scene for mini-jack but bad for sam.

personally, a follow up ep with be nice. i wonder if mini-jack will join the military as well. considering what he knows, i think he would.

so jack's an advanced form of human? could this be why he such great instincts? amazing how he can sense when soemthing is not right.

Comment

I just saw the episode for the first time actually. I read fanfics that referred to that episode but I had never seen the episode myself (I actually read a great fanfic in which Loki also cloned Daniel and both clones have memory problems because their minds regress rapidly backwards....too bad we never got an episode like that) Kudos to Michael Welsh. He did a great job in his portrayal of Jack. What I didn't like about the episode was actually the fact that the real Jack didn't care at all for his Mini-Me. He seemed to be rather glad when the boy was gone. Also the whole drooling over girls bothered me too. Still a very entertaining episode.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I liked this episode. Loki is a funny way to include ufo's in stargate mythology

Comment

I just watched the episode on surfthechannel.com. Very cool episode.

Did Thor and the other Asgards suspect Loki was up to no good? or know that Loki was prone to getting himself into trouble, cause when he came abourd he asked Loki what he had done, it made me think he had his suspision that Loki was up to something.

I also think Loki took advantage of the current situation to start his experiments, he must of figured since Thor and the other Asgard and SG1 were so busy with the Replicators that nobody would notice.

Comment

Originally posted by theheartsofatlantis View Post
                              I just watched the episode on surfthechannel.com. Very cool episode.

Did Thor and the other Asgards suspect Loki was up to no good? or know that Loki was prone to getting himself into trouble, cause when he came abourd he asked Loki what he had done, it made me think he had his suspision that Loki was up to something.

I also think Loki took advantage of the current situation to start his experiments, he must of figured since Thor and the other Asgard and SG1 were so busy with the Replicators that nobody would notice.
                              It's funny, cause i just rewatched this ep on Sky2, lol.

As for Loki and the others... Well, the Asgard are the 'Gods' of the Norse folk and the 'myths' about the God's stem from the actual Asgard stories so I would assume that the Asgard knew that Loki was up to no good, and that's why he's known as the Norse God of mischief.
                              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

It's ironic that what Loki was doing probably could've saved the Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                                X