No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have referenced in many other threads how much I loved Farscape, so I had to come in and play. My favorite character was Aeryn because she was everything: tough and tender and all points in between. I have welled up so many times at the end of Die Me Dichotomy it's not even funny. The sequence between Aeryn in the Prowler and Scorpi/John in the module is simply brilliant. "Did you mean watch you said in the neuro-cluster . . . because I did." Then she crashes into the ice. The looks on Claudia's and Ben's face are almost too much to bear. Simply heartbreaking.

There so many great episodes and arcs in Farscape, if I tried to mention them all I would forget some and feel and that's just not right. The show had such depth. It wasn't afraid to do anything from being off the way silly to having heartache so terrible you wouldn't wish them on your worst enemy or Scorpius after a spin in the Aurora chair. I don't think we'll see anything like it for a long time.

God, I miss that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      Is that an episode in season 2? If it is, I've only watched season 1 on Channel 4 in the UK. Channel 4 is starting a big build-up for season 2, which will be starting in the next month or two.
      Yes, it's season 2 episode and will be aired tomorrow in USA, ABC channel I guess I'm going to see it in about 6 weeks or so on AXN channel here in Poland, they started season 2 eleven weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lazerbrain
        I have referenced in many other threads how much I loved Farscape, so I had to come in and play. My favorite character was Aeryn because she was everything: tough and tender and all points in between. I have welled up so many times at the end of Die Me Dichotomy it's not even funny. The sequence between Aeryn in the Prowler and Scorpi/John in the module is simply brilliant. "Did you mean watch you said in the neuro-cluster . . . because I did." Then she crashes into the ice. The looks on Claudia's and Ben's face are almost too much to bear. Simply heartbreaking.

There so many great episodes and arcs in Farscape, if I tried to mention them all I would forget some and feel and that's just not right. The show had such depth. It wasn't afraid to do anything from being off the way silly to having heartache so terrible you wouldn't wish them on your worst enemy or Scorpius after a spin in the Aurora chair. I don't think we'll see anything like it for a long time.

God, I miss that show.
        Me too, very, very much. But I'm happy with my DVDs, especially with the new Starburst edition which contains TONS of completely new episode commentaries, interviews and another goodies! And Starburst edition is cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          Me too, very, very much. But I'm happy with my DVDs, especially with the new Starburst edition which contains TONS of completely new episode commentaries, interviews and another goodies! And Starburst edition is cheap!
          I know what you mean. The new DVDs are well worth their price. I can't wait to get the whole collection. And they're much more affordable than the previous prices.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I know what you mean. The new DVDs are well worth their price. I can't wait to get the whole collection. And they're much more affordable than the previous prices.
            yes they are
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Farscape was 'energentic' to say the least. I couldn't get enough of this show. It had two lead actors with great chemistry, you could see the spark between Aeryn and John when they first met.

Farscape had just about the greatest villain ever, Scorpius. Wayne Pygram's performance was brilliantly understated, that cool calm voice of his was infinitely more menacing than the usual cliched hammy villains. And I liked how they had puppets as main characters that actually made you believe they were real and care for them.
              I would have to agree. I came across Farscape by accident, visiting friends and finding it on TV. The creativity and williness to push creative boundaries to give a truely unique show was great! I love the character mix and really can;t pick a favorite, the whole ensemble was fantastic! I loved the story telling, the actors, the creativity.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

yeah i found the by channel surfing.
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Farscape is one that's been high on my list ever since I first started watching it. The "Into the Lions Den" 2 parter in season 3 remains some of the best sci-fi I've ever watched largely because of Scorpius/Wayne Pygram's performance and the simply awesome metaphorical, visual and auditory experience depicting the command carrier's death. The music in those scenes alone should win awards.

My favorite character in the series was Scorpius, one of my favorite sci-fi chracters period infact. A true anti-hero for the ages and he even gets to win big in the end.

Comment

I just got PeaceKeeper wars and my god!!! I'm in love all over again!!! It's the best SciFi I've seen since Serenity (ironic I know since PKW came out before Serenity) but I got it, sat down, and watched the whole thing through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                    "We're gonna have a baby!!" ZAP!!! 60 days later, their put back together, that's gotta be strange!
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Ah but what about that intro though? The sight of those
                      Spoiler:
                      capital ships facing off, and the Scarren Dreadnought goin' down in the planet's rings was just awesome
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                        I just got PeaceKeeper wars and my god!!! I'm in love all over again!!! It's the best SciFi I've seen since Serenity (ironic I know since PKW came out before Serenity) but I got it, sat down, and watched the whole thing through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                        "We're gonna have a baby!!" ZAP!!! 60 days later, their put back together, that's gotta be strange!
                        And
                        Spoiler:
                        the baby appeared to be temporarily in Rygel!!! I love the "transfer" moment, Stark's reaction to it was just priceless

Comment

Spoiler:
                          LOL Baby in Rygel=HILARIOUS!!!
                          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Ah but what about that intro though? The sight of those
                            Spoiler:
                            capital ships facing off, and the Scarren Dreadnought goin' down in the planet's rings was just awesome
                            No doubt. Visually stunning, to say the least. PeaceKeeper Wars was an awesome mini-series.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is that an episode in season 2? If it is, I've only watched season 1 on Channel 4 in the UK. Channel 4 is starting a big build-up for season 2, which will be starting in the next month or two.
                              channel 4 are showing farscape? what days and times?

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                                channel 4 are showing farscape? what days and times?
                                Eh? Aw no, sorry to get your hopes up. We were going a bit off-topic. It was actually Lost we were talking about and the appearance of (If you don't want to know, don't click the spoiler)
                                Spoiler:
                                Scorpius - Wayne Pygram, in the second season of Lost.
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X