• Show
Clear All

I was very sad when the show ended
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
      I was very sad when the show ended
      I was crying like a child the whole day when I found out about the cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
        I miss Farscape... I inhaled it growing up.

Aeryn's my favourite.
        LOL That's a novel way of taking in a show. I've never heard someone describing their love for a show quite like that before.

Farscape was 'energentic' to say the least. I couldn't get enough of this show. It had two lead actors with great chemistry, you could see the spark between Aeryn and John when they first met.

Farscape had just about the greatest villain ever, Scorpius. Wayne Pygram's performance was brilliantly understated, that cool calm voice of his was infinitely more menacing than the usual cliched hammy villains. And I liked how they had puppets as main characters that actually made you believe they were real and care for them.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
          LOL That's a novel way of taking in a show. I've never heard someone describing their love for a show quite like that before.

Farscape was 'energentic' to say the least. I couldn't get enough of this show. It had two lead actors with great chemistry, you could see the spark between Aeryn and John when they first met.

Farscape had just about the greatest villain ever, Scorpius. Wayne Pygram's performance was brilliantly understated, that cool calm voice of his was infinitely more menacing than the usual cliched hammy villains. And I liked how they had puppets as main characters that actually made you believe they were real and care for them.
          yeah thats what made the show great
          sigpic

Comment

Slightly OT, but if you're watching Lost, Wayne Pygram will be on this week's episode

Comment

It is sad, that they cancelled it after season 4, but I'm glad that this series has four seasons and ( I kneel down in front of all the fans who made that possible) a mini series, that is more than fans from Firefly and Space: Above and Beyond and other cancelled but great shows have.

I love it, it is like a rollercoaster out of control, something very special und unique, the way they built up the characters and the story, the way they brought in all the different references.
              It heaves you up in the sky because of its magnificent moments and dumps you down because of its cruelty. I never before felt so emotional connected to a show, to the characters, especially in season 3, a season I on the one hand enjoy, on the other hand curse.

My favourite character is Aeryn. She changed in so many ways, every time I watch the show I love it to follow this changes. I miss that with other shows, this changes through hard times you can see with every main character of Farscape (not only Aeryn, but especially John and Crais)
              That's all folks.

Comment

Didn't the Firefly fans get "Serenity?"

Comment

Teehee.

Yep. I effectively inhaled a lot of sci-fi when I was a kid-- didn't register episode titles and such, don't remember as much as I ought, but picked up vocabulary that for years I didn't even realise I was using, "frell" amongst the lot of it. So it's like inhaling that way... you don't usually think about the air you're breathing, you just breathe it because it's part of life. And it has a lasting effect on you (continued life), and sometimes you enjoy it consciously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Didn't the Firefly fans get "Serenity?"
                    yeah
                    sigpic

Comment

I think one of the biggest perks of Farscape was that their were actual aliens, not humans who said they were aliens (ala Stargate). I think it adds color and depth to the show.... and seeing Zhaan get high off of sun rays never gets old.

My favorite episode has to be Family Ties, just so wonderful, this also stems from an appreciation of all their jobs as actors in that episode... I especially loved the Chriton monologue at the end, so emotional!
                      Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                        It was Virginia Hey's decision to leave the show, she was experiencing health problems due to this blue make up, but also was moving to USA at that time (won a Green Card), and Farscape was being filmed entirely in Sydney, Australia.
                        It's good, though, that they gave her an honorable departure at least--and she was willing to endure a few more episodes. It was obvious she really cared for the show she was on.
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          My favorite episode has to be Family Ties, just so wonderful, this also stems from an appreciation of all their jobs as actors in that episode... I especially loved the Chriton monologue at the end, so emotional!
                          That's one of my favorite episodes, too. And Crichton's monologue is also one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. That, and the scene where he talks to Moya.

And I love the occasional appearence by One-Eye--the DRD John broke when he first came aboard Moya and then fixed in "Premiere"
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Another one of my all-time favorite Farscape eps was Season 2's "Out of Their Minds". Seeing the actors playing each other's characters was so hilarious. I mean come on, who couldn't love Crichton/Rygel's pee scene in the maintenance bay. And that zip-up, ouch!!
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Slightly OT, but if you're watching Lost, Wayne Pygram will be on this week's episode
                              Really? I'll have to watch that one. Thanks for the tip.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                                Teehee.

Yep. I effectively inhaled a lot of sci-fi when I was a kid-- didn't register episode titles and such, don't remember as much as I ought, but picked up vocabulary that for years I didn't even realise I was using, "frell" amongst the lot of it. So it's like inhaling that way... you don't usually think about the air you're breathing, you just breathe it because it's part of life. And it has a lasting effect on you (continued life), and sometimes you enjoy it consciously.
                                Ah, yeah, I do know where you're coming from. Back in the 1990s, I practically lived for shows like Star Trek: TNG/DS9, Babylon 5 and Quantum Leap. Ahh... those were the days...

Is that an episode in season 2? If it is, I've only watched season 1 on Channel 4 in the UK. Channel 4 is starting a big build-up for season 2, which will be starting in the next month or two.
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X