Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Since there isn't an actual thread on this, I thought I'd make one. A place where fans of this short-lived, but awesome show can come to discuss what made this show special to them. What were your favorite eps? Who were your favorite characters and/or villians?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Scorpius!

Commendant Cleavage was also interesting though.

Comment

Chiana was my favorite. There was just something so unusual and appealing about her. You couldn't pigeonhole the character. I preferred Krais as a villain to Scorpius. Scorpy skeeved me out. I did enjoy the redemption of Krais. I cried when Zhan died.

Favorite episodes: Out of their Minds, The Way they Weren't, Taking the Stone, A Clockwork Nebari, Losing Time, Durka Returns, Crackers Don't Matter, Relativity, Kansas.

Comment

One of my many favorite Farscape eps was season 2's "Won't Get Fooled Again". That was one crazy ep, man. I just loved how this show could get away with doing the most interesting, off-the-wall types of stories.

Besides Crichton, my favorite character on the show was Rygel. He was just great fun. And for my favorite villian, I'd probably have to go with Scorpy. When I first saw him man, he just creeped me out. The Scarrans also turned out to be pretty cool foes too, though.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Scorpius! loved him
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I miss Farscape... I inhaled it growing up.

Aeryn's my favourite.

Comment

Scorpy, Harvey and Crichton were my favorites.

And believe me, it's tough saying that, because I loved them all so much.

Truly, this is a "first among equals" situation.

Besides Janet's death in SG-1, no character's death has made me as sad as when Zhaan died. Just like with Janet though, it was a very fitting way for her to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                Besides Janet's death in SG-1, no character's death has made me as sad as when Zhaan died. Just like with Janet though, it was a very fitting way for her to die.
                I so know what you mean by that. The only other death that affected me like that was
                Spoiler:
                D'Argo's apparent death in the PeaceKeeper Wars.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^

I know.

I actually didn't get all that sad until Pilot's reaction to the news. They were so busy that nobody bothered to tell him.

Comment

FarScape is my #1 favorite Science Fiction show. I love the creativity, the aliens, the humor...

But, most of all, I love Moya! I love the idea of a living, sentient ship. She and Pilot are the two ultimate factors that pushes this series to its #1 position on my list.

I've been watching FarScape since last October--the same time I started watching Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis. Since then, I've been both watching it on TV and renting the DVDs from Netflix. So far, I've watched halfway through Season 3 with many favorite episodes in each season.

sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

YAY Farscape!!

I'm totally tired and can't think of much to say...but Aeryn & Rygel are by far my favourite characters lol, but I love them all (and by all I mean Zhaan, D'Argo, Crichton, Chiana, Pilot, Scorpius, Moya...)

Comment

One of the many things I love about FarScape is that they had three-parters

Comment

I only just started to watch farscape, i didn't plan on doing and didn't think i'd like it, i made a friend watch atlantis and as part of the deal i had to watch farscape, but i must say i love it!

I have 2 eps left in season 1 luckily i have all the seasons waiting to be watched

It's brilliant, really should read all the spoliers before i watch but people keep spoiling me lol every time i speak to my friend he tells me more and more.

My favorite is Aeryn and i also like Zhaan now i know she gona die i can start to prepare myself for it

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
                            My favorite is Aeryn and i also like Zhaan now i know she gona die i can start to prepare myself for it
                            I wish I had known ahead of time. But I didn't see it coming, I figured they were going to get her out okay.

Hit me like a ton of bricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                              I wish I had known ahead of time. But I didn't see it coming, I figured they were going to get her out okay.

Hit me like a ton of bricks.
                              It was Virginia Hey's decision to leave the show, she was experiencing health problems due to this blue make up, but also was moving to USA at that time (won a Green Card), and Farscape was being filmed entirely in Sydney, Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X