Page 2 of 337 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Farscape Appreciation Thread

It is sad, that they cancelled it after season 4, but I'm glad that this series has four seasons and ( I kneel down in front of all the fans who made that possible) a mini series, that is more than fans from Firefly and Space: Above and Beyond and other cancelled but great shows have.

I love it, it is like a rollercoaster out of control, something very special und unique, the way they built up the characters and the story, the way they brought in all the different references.
    It heaves you up in the sky because of its magnificent moments and dumps you down because of its cruelty. I never before felt so emotional connected to a show, to the characters, especially in season 3, a season I on the one hand enjoy, on the other hand curse.

My favourite character is Aeryn. She changed in so many ways, every time I watch the show I love it to follow this changes. I miss that with other shows, this changes through hard times you can see with every main character of Farscape (not only Aeryn, but especially John and Crais)
    That's all folks.

Didn't the Firefly fans get "Serenity?"

Quote Originally Posted by Missster.Freeman
    LOL That's a novel way of taking in a show. I've never heard someone describing their love for a show quite like that before.
    Teehee.

Yep. I effectively inhaled a lot of sci-fi when I was a kid-- didn't register episode titles and such, don't remember as much as I ought, but picked up vocabulary that for years I didn't even realise I was using, "frell" amongst the lot of it. So it's like inhaling that way... you don't usually think about the air you're breathing, you just breathe it because it's part of life. And it has a lasting effect on you (continued life), and sometimes you enjoy it consciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi
    Didn't the Firefly fans get "Serenity?"
    yeah

Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

I think one of the biggest perks of Farscape was that their were actual aliens, not humans who said they were aliens (ala Stargate). I think it adds color and depth to the show.... and seeing Zhaan get high off of sun rays never gets old.

My favorite episode has to be Family Ties, just so wonderful, this also stems from an appreciation of all their jobs as actors in that episode... I especially loved the Chriton monologue at the end, so emotional!

Quote Originally Posted by Formerhost
    It was Virginia Hey's decision to leave the show, she was experiencing health problems due to this blue make up, but also was moving to USA at that time (won a Green Card), and Farscape was being filmed entirely in Sydney, Australia.
    It's good, though, that they gave her an honorable departure at least--and she was willing to endure a few more episodes. It was obvious she really cared for the show she was on.

"Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Ritter
    My favorite episode has to be Family Ties, just so wonderful, this also stems from an appreciation of all their jobs as actors in that episode... I especially loved the Chriton monologue at the end, so emotional!
    That's one of my favorite episodes, too. And Crichton's monologue is also one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. That, and the scene where he talks to Moya.

And I love the occasional appearence by One-Eye--the DRD John broke when he first came aboard Moya and then fixed in "Premiere"

"Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Another one of my all-time favorite Farscape eps was Season 2's "Out of Their Minds". Seeing the actors playing each other's characters was so hilarious. I mean come on, who couldn't love Crichton/Rygel's pee scene in the maintenance bay. And that zip-up, ouch!!

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Slightly OT, but if you're watching Lost, Wayne Pygram will be on this week's episode
    Really? I'll have to watch that one. Thanks for the tip.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by Trialia
    Teehee.

Yep. I effectively inhaled a lot of sci-fi when I was a kid-- didn't register episode titles and such, don't remember as much as I ought, but picked up vocabulary that for years I didn't even realise I was using, "frell" amongst the lot of it. So it's like inhaling that way... you don't usually think about the air you're breathing, you just breathe it because it's part of life. And it has a lasting effect on you (continued life), and sometimes you enjoy it consciously.
    Ah, yeah, I do know where you're coming from. Back in the 1990s, I practically lived for shows like Star Trek: TNG/DS9, Babylon 5 and Quantum Leap. Ahh... those were the days...

Slightly OT, but if you're watching Lost, Wayne Pygram will be on this week's episode
    Is that an episode in season 2? If it is, I've only watched season 1 on Channel 4 in the UK. Channel 4 is starting a big build-up for season 2, which will be starting in the next month or two.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Chief Master Sergeant lazerbrain's Avatar

I have referenced in many other threads how much I loved Farscape, so I had to come in and play. My favorite character was Aeryn because she was everything: tough and tender and all points in between. I have welled up so many times at the end of Die Me Dichotomy it's not even funny. The sequence between Aeryn in the Prowler and Scorpi/John in the module is simply brilliant. "Did you mean watch you said in the neuro-cluster . . . because I did." Then she crashes into the ice. The looks on Claudia's and Ben's face are almost too much to bear. Simply heartbreaking.

There so many great episodes and arcs in Farscape, if I tried to mention them all I would forget some and feel and that's just not right. The show had such depth. It wasn't afraid to do anything from being off the way silly to having heartache so terrible you wouldn't wish them on your worst enemy or Scorpius after a spin in the Aurora chair. I don't think we'll see anything like it for a long time.

God, I miss that show.

Is that an episode in season 2? If it is, I've only watched season 1 on Channel 4 in the UK. Channel 4 is starting a big build-up for season 2, which will be starting in the next month or two.
    Yes, it's season 2 episode and will be aired tomorrow in USA, ABC channel I guess I'm going to see it in about 6 weeks or so on AXN channel here in Poland, they started season 2 eleven weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerbrain
    I have referenced in many other threads how much I loved Farscape, so I had to come in and play. My favorite character was Aeryn because she was everything: tough and tender and all points in between. I have welled up so many times at the end of Die Me Dichotomy it's not even funny. The sequence between Aeryn in the Prowler and Scorpi/John in the module is simply brilliant. "Did you mean watch you said in the neuro-cluster . . . because I did." Then she crashes into the ice. The looks on Claudia's and Ben's face are almost too much to bear. Simply heartbreaking.

There so many great episodes and arcs in Farscape, if I tried to mention them all I would forget some and feel and that's just not right. The show had such depth. It wasn't afraid to do anything from being off the way silly to having heartache so terrible you wouldn't wish them on your worst enemy or Scorpius after a spin in the Aurora chair. I don't think we'll see anything like it for a long time.

God, I miss that show.
    Me too, very, very much. But I'm happy with my DVDs, especially with the new Starburst edition which contains TONS of completely new episode commentaries, interviews and another goodies! And Starburst edition is cheap!

Me too, very, very much. But I'm happy with my DVDs, especially with the new Starburst edition which contains TONS of completely new episode commentaries, interviews and another goodies! And Starburst edition is cheap!
    I know what you mean. The new DVDs are well worth their price. I can't wait to get the whole collection. And they're much more affordable than the previous prices.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    I know what you mean. The new DVDs are well worth their price. I can't wait to get the whole collection. And they're much more affordable than the previous prices.
    yes they are

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

Farscape was 'energentic' to say the least. I couldn't get enough of this show. It had two lead actors with great chemistry, you could see the spark between Aeryn and John when they first met.

Farscape had just about the greatest villain ever, Scorpius. Wayne Pygram's performance was brilliantly understated, that cool calm voice of his was infinitely more menacing than the usual cliched hammy villains. And I liked how they had puppets as main characters that actually made you believe they were real and care for them.
    I would have to agree. I came across Farscape by accident, visiting friends and finding it on TV. The creativity and williness to push creative boundaries to give a truely unique show was great! I love the character mix and really can;t pick a favorite, the whole ensemble was fantastic! I loved the story telling, the actors, the creativity.

yeah i found the by channel surfing.

Farscape is one that's been high on my list ever since I first started watching it. The "Into the Lions Den" 2 parter in season 3 remains some of the best sci-fi I've ever watched largely because of Scorpius/Wayne Pygram's performance and the simply awesome metaphorical, visual and auditory experience depicting the command carrier's death. The music in those scenes alone should win awards.

My favorite character in the series was Scorpius, one of my favorite sci-fi chracters period infact. A true anti-hero for the ages and he even gets to win big in the end.

I just got PeaceKeeper wars and my god!!! I'm in love all over again!!! It's the best SciFi I've seen since Serenity (ironic I know since PKW came out before Serenity) but I got it, sat down, and watched the whole thing through!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    "We're gonna have a baby!!" ZAP!!! 60 days later, their put back together, that's gotta be strange!

Ah but what about that intro though? The sight of those
    Spoiler:
    capital ships facing off, and the Scarren Dreadnought goin' down in the planet's rings was just awesome
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."