No announcement yet.

S. O. S. (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice bit of character reveal is that Rose and Bernard are newlyweds - still on their honeymoon.

As for how they are acting, here are a couple of long-time bachelors suddenly having to accomodate another person's desires, intentions and feelings. I think they are pretty realistic.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

my favorite revelation in this episode is that Rose knows Locke is walking and he shouldn't be.

She's the only one.
      Well besides Locke.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
        my favorite revelation in this episode is that Rose knows Locke is walking and he shouldn't be.

She's the only one.
        Well besides Locke.
        And Boone, who Locke explained his situation to. Of course, Boone won't be telling anybody else about that.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          And Boone, who Locke explained his situation to. Of course, Boone won't be telling anybody else about that.
          And doesn't Walt know, too?
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            Bernard was being very irrational in this episode.

I don't think so. I think it's irrational to have NOT found the time to build a help sign in the 60 something days they've had on the island.
            I don't think it's irrational not have tried to build a sign. So far, they've established two or people in a leadership position, the rest are mostly followers. Of the two leaders, Locke has no interest in leaving and Jack knows they were so far off course that no signs or fires are going to be much help. They did build that enormous fire, right about the time it would have mattered most. Now... it's very late, perhaps too late.

The one guy who tried to build a raft met with disaster and the island, has proven not too hard a place to live. The attempts to get a radio signal out have also met with failure.

Bernard's experience on the island has been very negative, compared to this new group he's come across. He wants off, understandably but for the others, their leaders don't appear to be doing much on that matter, and life is somewhat good, so they're complacent.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              And doesn't Walt know, too?
              possibly.

i dont' think we ever actually find out (yet) what "the secret" is that locke tells walt early in season 1.
              while they are paying backgammon i think right?

Comment

I liked the Jack and Kate scenes...it's about time they got closer again!
                Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                  possibly.

i dont' think we ever actually find out (yet) what "the secret" is that locke tells walt early in season 1.
                  while they are paying backgammon i think right?
                  I thought the secret was just that "a miracle happened to him".

a time to mourn

Comment

could be.
                    i really can't remember.

Comment

We don't know what the secret was.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

i didn't think so.

Comment

Liked that episode and I understand both Rose and Bernard . Bernard was in the tail section and had a hard time with Ana lucia's group as Rose got it rather nice and easy with Jack's group . ..plus she is healed which she thinks is the Island which healed her... same as Locke .

I was happy to see those little scenes betweem Kate and Jack too Very cute indeed.

and I almost forgot about Michael and I hope Walt is coming back soon as well will be nice for Vincent .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Liked that episode and I understand both Rose and Bernard . Bernard was in the tail section and had a hard time with Ana lucia's group as Rose got it rather nice and easy with Jack's group . ..plus she is healed which she thinks is the Island which healed her... same as Locke .

I was happy to see those little scenes betweem Kate and Jack too Very cute indeed.

and I almost forgot about Michael and I hope Walt is coming back soon as well will be nice for Vincent .

Caty
                            Since "?"...or was it "Three Minutes", I just couldn't stand Michael. I hope he never comes back, honestly. IMHO, he was too whiney.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              Since "?"...or was it "Three Minutes", I just couldn't stand Michael. I hope he never comes back, honestly. IMHO, he was too whiney.
                              I'm pretty sure Harold Perrineau (Michael) is no longer a regular in season 3, so we will definitely being seeing way less of him. Although wether we never see him again, with a show like Lost, it's doubtful...

Comment

Working...
                              X