• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S. O. S. (219)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    S.O.S.
    EPISODE NUMBER - 219

Bernard proposes to create an S.O.S. sign on the beach in the hopes of rescuing his wife, and is stunned when she is opposed to the plan. Meanwhile, Jack and Kate go in search of the Others to propose a prisoner exchange, and Locke faces a personal crisis.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:46 PM.

Finally...

Spoiler:
    Micheal's back!!!!

Drahc
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

Originally posted by Drahc42
      Finally...

Spoiler:
      Micheal's back!!!!

Rose knows about Locke!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

And I wonder how many others have had 'miraculous' things happen to them and no one knows, if these people would just talk to each other heck they might be off the island by now, or atleast know more about it. I mean Kate didn't tell anyone about the other hatch because she was being petty with Jack? Locke didn't tell anyone about the map because...well because he's Locke?
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Indeed, Its. If only these people would talk to each other, work together, maybe they'd get somewhere.

I've learned I was wrong. I thought Jin and Sun were cutest couple in the world. Rose and Bernard have usurped that title, I think.

And I wonder whose bright idea it was to cast Wayne Pygram as a faith healer. Oh yeah, get your tumor cured by SCORPIUS! HE's trustworthy, all right...
          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
          What have these years left to me?
          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

rose and bernard are cute

and yeah, if these folks would just lose the secrets and start to trust each other, they'd be home by now
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
              And I wonder how many others have had 'miraculous' things happen to them and no one knows,
              Sun and Jin couldn't have children. I'm sure there are others who have experienced miracles too.

Originally posted by Skydiver
              and yeah, if these folks would just lose the secrets and start to trust each other, they'd be home by now
              Rose thought if they left the island, her disease would return so she really doesn't want to leave. Locke doesn't seem to want to leave either.

That "Henry" dude is really irritating me. They thought they could get info out of him, but all he is doing is playing head games with them.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well it seems there have been three healing events so far if you count Jin's sperm count.

Rose and Bernard are adorable. Bernard seems to be all heart.... and light on the people skills and common sense.

Seriously, with all the strange things going on you'd think they'd be communicating with each other more. Hiding things for no apparent reason just seems to be a touch counterproductive. Although, I do understand Rose and Locke's decision for keeping mum somewhat. No one would believe them and I don't think anyone wants to hear good reasons for staying on the Island.

Does anyone suppose Ana Lucia will find her child bearing issues solved in the future?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Rose thought if they left the island, her disease would return so she really doesn't want to leave.

But that's my point. They've been there like 2 months now and it's the first we heard of it.

I don't know, I don't necessarily like Rose now. She's very nagging on Bernard. She speaks down to him all the time, criticizes all he does including how he puts food on a shelf, and then infront of everyone completely undermines him and makes him look like a fool. All that when she could have just told Bernard how she felt and the truth of her healing.
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                    Rose thought if they left the island, her disease would return so she really doesn't want to leave.

But that's my point. They've been there like 2 months now and it's the first we heard of it.

I don't know, I don't necessarily like Rose now. She's very nagging on Bernard. She speaks down to him all the time, criticizes all he does including how he puts food on a shelf, and then infront of everyone completely undermines him and makes him look like a fool. All that when she could have just told Bernard how she felt and the truth of her healing.
                    yah...i lost a bit of respect for her character because of the way she was written in this ep...but I can understand how she feels...having gotten her hopes up, a bit, in Australia only to be told a healing couldn't happen(i kept excpecting him to break out the Aurora Chair) and then having the healling happen on the island for no apparent reason and here he is trying to get off the island because of the lie she told him. set herself up there a bit, but rather than face that she lashes out at him.

all that said, I really liked their backstory. had been waiting on that since they were re-united earlier this season.

Henry continues to entertain even in silence.

I did like how Rose helped to re-affirm Locke's belief in himself/the island and get back to work on the map. Hopefully they play out some more bunker eps.

Knew it was gonna be either Michael or Walt showing up at the end when the dog came to Sawyer. The dog is never around unless one of them are in the ep.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

maybe that's part of the 'experiment' of the island.

if you keep the subjects 'happy' then they don't question/fight thier captivity where as if they're upset/unhappy/threatened, then they fight

everyone seems to be getting complacent. oh, we're here, let's just make the most of it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        maybe that's part of the 'experiment' of the island.

if you keep the subjects 'happy' then they don't question/fight thier captivity where as if they're upset/unhappy/threatened, then they fight

everyone seems to be getting complacent. oh, we're here, let's just make the most of it
                        This is perhaps the most annoying thing, the group's complacency. It leads me back to what I said earlier, I think that the Others, that there are more than one group of them, seperated into tribes (is that the right word?). I don't know...

But yeah, why not try again to get off the island, on the other hand, what do they all have going back to? Ana Lucia and Kate are criminals (Kate blew up her father and Ana killed the guy that ruined her pregnancy), Sun and Jin were IIRC leaving South Korea in favor of living in the States, Jack has nothing. None of these people have anything to go back to.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I didn't get a good look at Micheal's face. Was there something on it, like rashes or boils? My sister said there was but I couldn't make out.
                          If it is, could it be he's been infected with the disease that the others are afraid of?

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                            ... on the other hand, what do they all have going back to? Ana Lucia and Kate are criminals (Kate blew up her father and Ana killed the guy that ruined her pregnancy), Sun and Jin were IIRC leaving South Korea in favor of living in the States, Jack has nothing. None of these people have anything to go back to.
                            I agree.

Considering how much these people's lives intersected each other before they even got on the plane - no, back up; in many cases, before they even went to Australia - I'm not really surprised that they also share a common desire to stay out of "the world" or the "real life" that rescue would bring them.

We should make a list:

Sun and Jin - the only place safe from Sun's father is on the island.

Kate - she's a wanted woman everywhere but here.

Hurley - what's he got to go back to?

Sawyer - don't know his full story yet. Why was he in the police station at the same time Boone was? At any rate, the world is a little bit safer place with Sawyer stuck on the island.

Ditto for Ana Lucia

Locke has lost Helen and here he has health and a measure of the control and adventure he's always sought.

Rose has her life, and Bernard has his Rose.

Sayid seems to have given up on Nadia and is probably personna non grata among his own people.

Eko - probably sees his new situation as the will of god.

Charlie - a has-been off the island, but aside from that I don't know what could make him want to stay on the island where he's quicky building himself a poor reputation.

Claire and Micheal and Walt: I'm not too sure what might motivate them to want to stay. Micheal certainly wants off the island.

That leaves Jack, Libby, Frogurt, Scott(or is it Steve?), and who else?
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Gate
                              I didn't get a good look at Micheal's face. Was there something on it, like rashes or boils? My sister said there was but I couldn't make out.
                              If it is, could it be he's been infected with the disease that the others are afraid of?
                              he did look a bit beat up....but i couldn't decide if he was diseased or just abused.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                              X