No announcement yet.

Homecoming (702)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say I was glad to see the back of Jonas. I just didn't find him an interesting character. I don't know whether it was because of how he was written or how the actor played him. I didn't see any chemistry with the other three leads either.
    Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
    Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

I noticed chemistry, and it was strange that a mentally shaken Jackson had to do the rescue work - but he succeeded. Jonas is cute and smart.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Did I really see two US Airforce officers rolling their eyes and criticising a government for using a weapon of mass destruction to deter foreign aggression?

Shouldn't they have at least have explained why they know it isn't a good idea? And wasn't the bomb used in an uninhabited area?

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
          Did I really see two US Airforce officers rolling their eyes and criticising a government for using a weapon of mass destruction to deter foreign aggression?

Shouldn't they have at least have explained why they know it isn't a good idea? And wasn't the bomb used in an uninhabited area?
          Think they went over this in two previous episodes.. and they still used the bomb *slaps forehead*. Of course the SGC/US did nothing to stop it either.. they could of helped Jonas's people set up a show of military power somehow, fire some lasers into the sky or exploded a nuke over the ocean or something - minimum damage, no fuss.

Jonas is gone. I didn't dislike him, he had his moments. Though it kind of annoyed me how they kept bringing up his special physiology/quick study thing, almost every episode he is in. And then they went no-where with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
            Jonas is gone. I didn't dislike him, he had his moments. Though it kind of annoyed me how they kept bringing up his special physiology/quick study thing, almost every episode he is in. And then they went no-where with it.
            Well, it was a good reason to make him a member of SG1.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Excellent episode, but really sad to see Jonas go. . I really feel that should have brought Jonas to Atlantis. But, at least, he is still alive and had a proper farewell. It sort of reminded me of Hail and Farewell parties when my husband was in the army-- saying goodbye to someone who is being stationed somewhere else, and greeting the person taking his/her place.

Comment

First of all apologies for the lengthy pause between this episode and Fallen, but I contributed to Fandom Stocking on Dreamwith in the last 2 weeks of December and the first 2 of January, so I had little to no time to contribute to anything stargate related, except for writing 5 ficlets to put in stockings.

I'm back to watching. Gonna try to keep a frequency of 3 a week, but I can't promise anything since my love for stargate has cooled considerably. Plenty of other things that do bring me joy have taken its place (Doctor Who -- see signature -- and I just started watching Outlander).

Anyhow... Homecoming...

While I really enjoy the episode and the story being told, I am saddened it's Jonas Quinn's final goodbye (until we see him again in 8 for one episode). Back to Kelowna, and Daniel back on the team, like season 6 was a glitch. Jonas is now in the past.

Kelowna people are stilll squabbling among themselves. Anubis wants to be all powerful, and Ba'al gets to play too with his small army -- even if Anubis flies off into the sunset before his ship is destroyed right under his nose. Daniel and Jonas on Anubis' ship is adorkable and we're basically seeing a good solid SG-1 story.

How would you rate SG-1's "Homecoming?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible

****************EDIT

3-episode quiz: Full Circle, Fallen (s7) & Homecoming (s7)

Jigsaw puzzle: Homecoming
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 January 2019, 01:09 PM.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

14:54
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

13:30

Comment

I believe they should have moved Jonas to Stargate : Atlantis instead of starting Ford, so we could have had a science/history "self educated" expert on the SGA expedition. It could have been a different team dynamic next to McKay and Sheppard, while he could have been used in any supporting role. But anyway I was just thinking loudly.
                      Last edited by Platschu; 02 February 2019, 02:51 PM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think if he had been "Ford", they would have "Forded" him all the same in Atlantis.

Comment

This episode is bitter sweet. For the most part I liked it seeing the return to Kelowna and the invasion of Anubis. The highlight is the Jonas' and Daniel interaction and the naive nature of the Kelownans. I'm bitter because of how the writers dropped Jonas after this episode. My bitterness makes this episode a fair with 7:42 and 12/15
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

12.39, I am improving. Bring on the next one.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              12.39, I am improving. Bring on the next one.
                              Holy heck, that was a hard one... I'm 33 seconds faster than you, and a whole lot slower than the master --> 12:06.

Comment

So this episode was much better for me than the first one. It was not so hectic. Cooperation between Daniel and Jonas was just amazing. They could have been such a perfect "couple" in SG1. I could totally imagine all 5 of them work together and it would actually work
                                I am sorry for the ending.
                                Btw. What was the last thing what Jonas said to Daniel? I didn't hear it properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X