Homecoming (702)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kali View Post
    I never cared for Jonas that much, and I didn't miss him when he left. But I missed Daniel A LOT. Nearly as much as Jack..
    as our favorite colonel / general once said "To each his own...or her own."

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I don't really see how Jonas could still be of any special use to SG-1 if Daniel came back since...

*wonders what seasons 9 and 10 would have looked like with Jonas instead of Daniel...*
      Thank god that didn't happen.
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Too bad, would have loved to see that instead of action Jackson.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          as our favorite colonel / general once said "To each his own...or her own."

Indeed.
          sigpic

Comment

i always wondered how jonas would've reacted to teal'c having hair the following season.

Comment

i always wondered how jonas would've reacted to teal'c having hair the following season.
              He would make some kind of joke, for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                He would make some kind of joke, for sure
                After he'd been smiling all day because it's "the first time I see Teal'c with hair!".
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

its funny Jonas grew on me but Mitchell for some reason i could get myself to like.

Comment

its funny Jonas grew on me but Mitchell for some reason i could get myself to like.
                    I liked Mitchell, but he was no Jack O'Neill that's for sure.
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked Mitchell, but he was no Jack O'Neill that's for sure.
                      I believe that was the point.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        I believe that was the point.

Seaboe
                        How so?
                        sigpic

Comment

How so?
                          Different actors, different characters. Mitchell's not supposed to be O'Neill.

But I guess in your case it's more about Ben Browder not being Richard Dean Anderson (talking about the man, not the character -- if I can wage a guess).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I understand why RDA needed the time off, and had to basically quit the show. But no, his character could not be replaced. Ever. However, I did like Mitchell a lot. He was capable and not annoying like Jonas.
                            sigpic

Comment

What Falcon Horus said. Cam isn't supposed to be Jack. His experiences before the gate were different, he was younger, his personality was different, his sense of humor was different.

I liked Jonas. I liked the way he was awkward at the beginning but became more confident as time passed. I liked the way Jack kept testing him (among other things, to make sure he could obey orders, since Daniel could not).

I hated the way they turned Jack into a buffoon. I appreciated his sense of humor, but they took it past the point of mere humor.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                What Falcon Horus said. Cam isn't supposed to be Jack. His experiences before the gate were different, he was younger, his personality was different, his sense of humor was different.

I liked Jonas. I liked the way he was awkward at the beginning but became more confident as time passed. I liked the way Jack kept testing him (among other things, to make sure he could obey orders, since Daniel could not).

I hated the way they turned Jack into a buffoon. I appreciated his sense of humor, but they took it past the point of mere humor.

Seaboe
                                I didn't mean that Mitchell was supposed to "be Jack," only that Jack is irreplaceable. And I think it is somewhat obvious that the producers thought he was replaceable. I hope I cleared things up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X