• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homecoming (702)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 702

The team returns to Jonas' homeworld when they learn that the Goa'uld are after its naquadria. When Jonas is captured by Anubis, Daniel is his only hope.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 11:59 PM.

I do not like this episode because they didn't give Jonas the send off he deserves. Corin Nemec deserved so much better than this. He came in and did such a good job and got such a lot of grief from some of the fans for it. Poor man. He did an excellent job and he deserved to go out with a BANG!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

It seems like such a long while I watched this episode actually. Since I'm in the UK, we started season seven in September 2003. And we managed to end the season one epiosde ahead of the US. Fingers crossed for a whole season this year!

{Yeah, like that's going to happen! lol}
      __

__

Comment

Although the action was nice as well as the story, it seemed rushed to me. Like they wanted to get rid of Jonas ASAP since Daniel was back. It would have been nice if they would have let Jonas stay on for a couple episodes so we could see him and Daniel interact.
        They could have phased him out slower, seeing how they only mentioned him once throughout S7.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I also would have liked to see more of Jonas working with Daniel. They had excellent chemistry in their scenes together, and it would have allowed Daniel a less miraculous recovery from his amnesia.

Comment

I would like to have known what was so important that the Tau'ri were willing to die for that red crystal. Also, what happened to that data crystal?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Spoilers.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that vabluable information about naquadria was contained on that cystal. If Anubis would have gotten it, he would have been able to convert his ship into using naquadria and make it even more powerful.
              I'm assuming that we either kept it ourselves for study, let the Kelowans have it, or lent it to the Tok'ra (for some odd reason )
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Why didn't we just plug it into the 303 and look at it? I mean why do we even have it if it is never mentioned again?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Jonas and Daniel made a good team in this episode.

Comment

We are the only ones using Naquadriah, so why should we let the Kewlonans keep it, they've shown they'll only use it for weapons. And the tok'ra wont even help us understanding goa'uld technology. Why should we give them something like this?

Comment

Well.. It was never ours to give away.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

And the Kewlonans didn't even know what it was, and they'll have no use for it the next... 20 years or so.

Comment

But when they do learn how to use it - they will want to.

Comment

Ye? At that time we'll already have stable Naquadriah and/or copied all data on the crystal. Remember, we're going to share defensive technology with Kewlona. I think they want it now more then ever after Anubis payed a visit.

Comment

That would have to depend on thier political mode at the time. Right now they are on shaky ground, having three continents and all, and not one planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X