X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Look at thispicture
    That dates back from 1978.

And, who sleeps 7 hours? I clock in 10 hours minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
      That dates back from 1978.And, who sleeps 7 hours? I clock in 10 hours minimum.
      To be fair I am in Psycholgy class and realized the inaccuracy in the sleep stages error in this episode. If you want I can show you a more up to date graph but it will show the same results. I should say it was a small error and didn't bother me that much. I sleep 7 -8 hours every night. I don't know many people who get to sleep 10 hours. Of course, some people need more sleep than others
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, like I said in my reply above, I don't think this is an error. Lenori doesn't mention all the details, but what he does say, is correct.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, what's more important? Potentially boring an audience by having one of your characters take them through each of the various sleeping stages, explaining in detail how each of them work, and then, eventually, moving the story forward? Or get to what really matters, and move the story forward? Lenori doesn't even mention any of the other sleep stages, and honestly, why should he?

What really matters is explaining what REM sleep is, which is what the episode does. And what happens if you're not able to reach REM sleep, which the episode also explains and shows. And like I also said, Lenori's explanation wasn't pulled out of a hat, it was based on research that was done for this specific episode.

If someone thinks this is an error, that's okay. I won't agree with that, but it also doesn't bother me, for the reasons that I just stated. And now, could we please just move on?
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Alex, I'm sorry if you thought that it really bothered me because it didn't. I just wanted to point put my dislikes about the episode. Overall it was an average and enjoyable episode
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Alex, I'm sorry if you thought that it really bothered me because it didn't. I just wanted to point put my dislikes about the episode. Overall it was an average and enjoyable episode
            No worries. That's perfectly fine. Everyone can and should point out the things they don't like. That's part of the business.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
            X