Night Terrors (214)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Night Terrors"

"Night Terrors"
    Ep: 2.14
    Release Date: April 6th 2006
    Story by Alex Rubit & Sam Jones
    Teleplay by Alex Rubit

When different members of the Horizon crew start experiencing identical recurring nightmares, it soon becomes clear that the crew is dealing with something other than just bad dreams.
    Outstanding
    20.00%
    Good
    40.00%
    Fair
    30.00%
    Poor
    10.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Lovely. You've exceeded your bandwidth. Ya know ya can upload it on SGU if you need to. No download limits.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Excellent episode reminded me of Atlantis's 113 "Hot Zone" Episode and SG-1 304 Episode "Legacy". You guys did an excellent job though i cant wait for The Adversary Thats the episode ive been waiting for next to the 2-part season finale.

Comment

Sheppard, could you please email me the episode? [email protected]
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
          Stargate: Horizon - Season Two

"Night Terrors"

"Night Terrors"
          Ep: 2.14
          Release Date: April 6th 2006
          Story by Alex Rubit & Sam Jones
          Teleplay by Alex Rubit

When different members of the Horizon crew start experiencing identical recurring nightmares, it soon becomes clear that the crew is dealing with something other than just bad dreams.
          Hi Guys,

Long time no posting

The new epsiode Night Terrors is available to download from the Stargate Horizon site...

Have Fun!
          Sam....

Comment

Well... I was a little dissapointed. To start with, it's spelled "fate."
            The episode seemed very short, and although it was a one-off, it wasn't really thrilling. The words "creepy" and "various dead crewmembers" were used way too many times. The writing that wasn't speech was a bit too personal, it felt less like the distant first person we're used to and more like a very immediate and jarring second person. The speech fell short in some places, and it seemed like 25% of it was the use of double exlamation points. The story, although it could have been done quite cleverly, was revealed more or less all at once, and there were weren't twists, or red herrings. We just sort of have to sit there and wait for Christine to finish translating in order to understand the episode.
            Overall: **
            It just wasn't as good as usual.

(I'm really sorry I gave such a harsh review, but that's just the way I felt about this particular episode.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
              Excellent episode reminded me of Atlantis's 113 "Hot Zone" Episode and SG-1 304 Episode "Legacy". You guys did an excellent job though i cant wait for The Adversary Thats the episode ive been waiting for next to the 2-part season finale.
              Thanks. And of course there's a little reference to "Hot Zone" in there.

To me personally it was fun to see a lot of the characters behave more or less a little out of character.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                Lovely. You've exceeded your bandwidth. Ya know ya can upload it on SGU if you need to. No download limits.
                No need for that. The episode is up on the site. No download limits there either.

Comment

Originally posted by samjack4ever
                  Hi Guys,

Long time no posting

The new epsiode Night Terrors is available to download from the Stargate Horizon site...

Have Fun!
                  Great to see you over here again, Sam. And thanks for getting the episode up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                    Well... I was a little dissapointed. To start with, it's spelled "fate."
                    I'm shocked.

Seriously, I think the main focus should be on the story instead of spelling mistakes. After all, we get the episodes out on time, don't we?

The episode seemed very short,
                    Short??? Because we're FINALLY having episodes that aren't TOO LONG?

But I can see why it would feel short compared to some of our longer ones. Just wait until you see "The Adversary".

and although it was a one-off, it wasn't really thrilling. The words "creepy" and "various dead crewmembers" were used way too many times. The writing that wasn't speech was a bit too personal, it felt less like the distant first person we're used to and more like a very immediate and jarring second person. The speech fell short in some places, and it seemed like 25% of it was the use of double exlamation points. The story, although it could have been done quite cleverly, was revealed more or less all at once, and there were weren't twists, or red herrings. We just sort of have to sit there and wait for Christine to finish translating in order to understand the episode.
                    Overall: **
                    It just wasn't as good as usual.

(I'm really sorry I gave such a harsh review, but that's just the way I felt about this particular episode.)
                    No reason to appologize. You can give any reviews you see fit. People don't appologize for what they say about SG-1 or SGA episodes - no difference here.

Of course I don't agree with the writing being off, since I think it's not any different than normally. It's much rather just a different type of episode than the recent ones were.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                      I'm shocked.

Seriously, I think the main focus should be on the story instead of spelling mistakes. After all, we get the episodes out on time, don't we?
                      Eh, it's one of the little things that irked me. Your spell-checker should have caught it.

Short??? Because we're FINALLY having episodes that aren't TOO LONG?
                      Don't get me wrong, 77 pages is just about right in terms of length, but generally, when descriptions are repeated frequently, it's easy to skim over them, and then the episodes feel a lot shorter. Same thing happened with "The Cold and Distant Stars."

Of course I don't agree with the writing being off, since I think it's not any different than normally. It's much rather just a different type of episode than the recent ones were.
                      Too much of that "we" stuff. I know that it has to be in the first person, and immediate, but not every sentance needs to tell us what "we" can see - it's easy to use the third person present along with the first person present to make a less "in your face" script.

Comment

I liked this ep, a nice little one-off. I wish Atlantis/SG-1s one-off's could be as good as this one. I really liked the ref to Atlantis as about 30 seconds before I read this I was thinking how similar the scenario was to Hot Zone!

Can't wait for the next ep.

Incidentally, I agree with Ryu about the overuse of the refs to dead bodies. Couldn't we just say that said character is back in the nightmare world or something?

EDIT: Actually, that description is lame. Stick with yours!
                        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Who the heck voted poor? Meh, I hate it when people do that - rate something horribly and NEVER EXPLAIN WHY.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. A nice change of pace from the last arc. This one was creepy. I enjoyed the characters acting "out of character" and the interesting interactions that ensued. I liked the references to ascension. It makes you think that maybe the Ancients aren't all that unique after all and maybe other races around the galaxy have and will have the opprtunity to shed their corporeal bodies to reach other planes of existance as a natural progression of their respective evolution. Nice job. Can't wait for the next one.
                            Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

Over all I liked this one but I do have two complaints.
                              1. It did tend to get repatative, the whole dream thing over and over did make me want to skip it.
                              2. It reminded me alot of StarTrek TNG episode of the same name the one with Diana. I don't know if it was just me, or did you base this episode off that episode partially. Or did it give you some ideas
                              This was not your best episode, but it was still a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X