"hic Sunt Dracones"?? {[(spoilers)]}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"hic Sunt Dracones"?? {[(spoilers)]}

recently in the lockdown thread, the phrase "hic sunt dracones" was translated into "here be dragons". at first the creature jumped out as the possible meaning and then i saw this "Possible catastrophic malfunction of cerebrus system", "but unlikely due to cerebrus activity", and "primary nexus of cerebrus related activity". in mythology, cerebrus was the three headed hell-hound of hades, that guarded the gates of the underworld, implying the system may of been for island security. so what does this mean? are there two different creatures? maybe their is a dinosaur as once thought. its not the polar bear which was referred to as "Ursurs Maritimus"

your thoughts??
    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Komodo dragons perhaps? another experiment like the polar bears maybe.
    Or a machine that spouts fire? It's stretching a bit, but the identifying trait of dragons is fire-breathing.

Comment

"Here Be Dragons" is a 17th-century mapmaking term. It denotes uncharted territory, where explorers had not yet visited, and where monsters likely dwelled. This probably means that that area of the Island was unknown, even to the Dharma folks.
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
        "Here Be Dragons" is a 17th-century mapmaking term. It denotes uncharted territory, where explorers had not yet visited, and where monsters likely dwelled. This probably means that that area of the Island was unknown, even to the Dharma folks.

what he said.

gotta leave something absolutely fresh for the current island residents to discover.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
          anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

With production moving to California I wonder if that uncharted area will resemble the California coastline??

Comment

if you look on the blast door there is actually a lot of latin on there

And you migh tbe reading to muhc into it....seeing as "Cogito ergo doleo" i think therefore i am depressed. is on there, could it not be possible that having been on an island for many years with not many ppl you start to go mad!!
              Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X