This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excalibur = a ship?

Does anyone think that Excalibur is an experimental Ancient super-warship? I get the feeling that it is....

Although it'll be a ripoff of Babylon 5's Excalibur starship... (which looks like a gigantic Jaffa Staff Weapon with 3 fins).

Hopefully, StarGate's version of the Excalibur Ancient super-warship will be better...
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

No, its suppoesd to draw energy out of the region of space that ascended beings occupy.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

Although it'll be a ripoff of Babylon 5's Excalibur starship... (which looks like a gigantic Jaffa Staff Weapon with 3 fins).
      How will it b a ripoff? Just out of curiosity?
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I think it would be cool.
        BTW the energy device it the holy grail
        Excalabur could easly be an anchient ship, and watch Author be the captain.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

that's the new rumor

Comment

makes sense this power has to be dispersed somehow might as well be in a ship

Comment

That would be awesome!

And it would give us a way to destroy the ori ships
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I never noticed this before (mostly becaus I wasn't watching SG-1 at the time), but the bow of Excalibur looks like a Staff Weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                  I never noticed this before (mostly becaus I wasn't watching SG-1 at the time), but the bow of Excalibur looks like a Staff Weapon.
                  ummm, yeah, read the first post again
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I was stating the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      No, its suppoesd to draw energy out of the region of space that ascended beings occupy.
                      No, thats not Excalibur. Thats the "Sangreal" or "Holy Grail" (San Greal), aka the "blood stone" according to Daniel as it also refers to stones or jewels. That was a weapon that Merlin hid somewhere. Read your Arthurian Myths about Arthur and his knights searching for the Holy Grail. Now Excalibur is Arthur's main weapon, his sword.

This could translate anywhere from an actualy sword or some other type of hand held device, or it can be a starship.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        How will it b a ripoff? Just out of curiosity?
                        Strazinsky delved a little bit into Arthurian myth. The Victory Class Destroyer known as "Excalibur" was supposed to be the sword coming back in the hour of humanity's greatest need.

Now if you ever saw "Babylon 5: A Call to Arms" and the proceeding "Babylon 5: Crusade" spinoff, Earth had been hit with an artificial nano-tech virus where within 5 years, 10 billion people on Earth will all die. (the time setting was in the year 2265 & up)

Comment

This could translate anywhere from an actualy sword or some other type of hand held device, or it can be a starship.
                          Or a hot Russian girl?

Strazinsky delved a little bit into Arthurian myth. The Victory Class Destroyer known as "Excalibur" was supposed to be the sword coming back in the hour of humanity's greatest need.
                          Also, in one of the season two or three episodes (it was after Sheridan took over but before the secession, I think... I can't really remember), a Minbari War vet was walking around saying he was Arthur. Of course, he had a kind of space-madness/PTSD, but still.... it was a cool episode.

I think they decided that Kosh was the Merlin of their little group.

Comment

I believe there is a very good possibility that Excalibur could end up being a ship of some sort. If it is, hopefully it can take out those Ori ships.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have already posted this before…a few times.

I have said that the Excalibur should be a ship built by Merlin with the express use of Ori killing.

The Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from calad (hard) and bolg (lightning).

Hard lighting sounds like energy weapons to me.

It should resemble the swords we keep seeing. Arthur could be part ancient trained by Merlin and given the Excalibur to fight on after he had passed. Merlin ascended and hid the vessel knowing to return when he was needed.
                              Last edited by Merlin1701; 24 November 2008, 03:56 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X