No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - Fav character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheridan is my favourite character, mainly because his storyline is so interesting. And for his angry looks. When he returns from Z'Ha'Dum and walks onto the catwalk, he shoots this Drazi that was stirring things up a look that could have melted the poor guy on the spot. Love it.

I also liked Ivanova... when she goads one of the First Ones into the war, by saying that they don't need them after all because after all they have the Vorlons, I nearly choked laughing.

And Zathras... nobody listens to poor Zathras.

Londo of course, the most tragic character ever.

Garibali, for his snidy humour and clear view on things, and for the way he never gives up. I thought it was so subtly done, when he went bad, how much you could see it hurt Sheridan to lose Garibaldi's respect. And when he came back; "You can't let Bester mess up my entire life and not give me a chance to set it right!" Brilliant.

The character I disliked the most (along with everybody else it seems) was the walking spaghetti Byron. In fact, we're watching the episode where he dies tonight and I can't wait. <evil grin>
    But the reason I dislike him so much is because he's an awful leader. A good leader will leave his people stronger then they were before, making them all find their individual strenghts. Sheridan definitely does that. But as soon as people fall into the hands of Byron, they cast aside all their considerable survival skills, and just blindly do what he says. When he's out of the room for five minutes, they all misbehave like children when daddy isn't looking.
    Awful character... I wonder how someone as talented as JMS could have written someone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Isch View Post
      Sheridan is my favourite character, mainly because his storyline is so interesting. And for his angry looks.
      Speaking of Sheridan enraged, my favorite Sheridan scene is in "And All My Dreams Torn Asunder" when he completely loses it.

"You want a war?!? You've got a war!!"
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I actually liked that scene in the nightclub when Garibaldi lures him in, I mean it was just dark. No I didn't like him getting whooped, just the chills I got from how dark that scene was.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
          I actually liked that scene in the nightclub when Garibaldi lures him in, I mean it was just dark. No I didn't like him getting whooped, just the chills I got from how dark that scene was.
          I love that scene. A truly innovative television setpiece.
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            Definitely. The combination of flash photography, that really twisted background music, and the obscure lighting made that scene really stand out.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Definitely. The combination of flash photography, that really twisted background music, and the obscure lighting made that scene really stand out.
              It's also the second B5 scene (after Garibaldi crawling on the deck trying to reach the elevator in "Chrysalis") that grew out of an incident in Los Angeles, when JMS was mugged and beat up for about 15 minutes.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X