No announcement yet.

Fallen (701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone should call George Lucas about the copyright infringement. This episode has a lot to do and it shows. It can be divided into Daniel's reintegration and the tricking of Anubis. I get a little bored with the first half but love the second half. I thought it was a creative story to trick Anubis even if it didn't work correctly and plus Hammond finally went offworld. Last time that happened was S2. I give it a good. I also got 1 min and 45 seconds
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

3:39

I love having Daniel back because I really do like his character, but it was done in bad form by kicking Jonas out. There is so much they could have done with Jonas, and they blew it. I really love Jonas.

Comment

Have just watched this since probably the first time it was aired.

The standout things for me at this stage are how weird it was that Daniel, meeting people who so obviously knew and loved him very well was so dismissive and incurious about them. I'd have thought that having no memories, and then meeting such a bunch of people, I'd be all over them asking about myself.

I also started wondering, for probably the first time, what it was with Lord Yu. The other System Lords were constantly jockeying for position, wanting to be the chief SL or only remaining SL, but he just puddled along for years and years just staying out of the way for the most part. Or am I remembering incorrectly? He was pretty much the oldest one, right?

All in all not as bad as I remembered it, but blimey, I hate how quickly they all forgot Jonas after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Clanger View Post
          The standout things for me at this stage are how weird it was that Daniel, meeting people who so obviously knew and loved him very well was so dismissive and incurious about them. I'd have thought that having no memories, and then meeting such a bunch of people, I'd be all over them asking about myself.
          Having amnesia can be very frustrating for a person, especially when confronted with things or people they're told they're "supposed" to know. My sister briefly suffered from amnesia when she hit her head as a kid (she wasn't wearing a helmet when biking down a hill). She didn't overwhelm people with questions, nor were they forced on her. She simply followed the routine laid her for her until her memories came back. For example, at dinner she went up to our brother's usual chair and sat down. She didn't ask where to sit and when our brother tried to let out a "Hey, that's my..." he was shut down my our mother and told to just let it go. The idea being not to pressure an amnesic, but to let them recover and figure things out in their own time.

One thing to beware of is that from the mind of an amnesiac with no memory of past relationships, friends and family are strangers. For an amnesiac it's therefore not unusual to react to those past relations the same way you would if a stranger stopped you on the street and acted like you were old friends. You might try to pretend like you know them or you might get angry and tell them to get lost. In the latter case you may just think they're lying but for an amnesiac you potentially also have the added stress of realizing you don't remember anybody.

In my analogy you might also be the type of person who is fascinated by meeting someone you once knew but don't remember, admit that, and start peppering them with questions. Whether people with amnesia have actually done that I don't know. I've never heard of it actually happening in real life, but people and types of amnesia are different so it's possible. It doesn't appear to be the common response from what I know, though, and one of the big warnings for people dealing with an amnesiac is to temper their expectations. You don't want to get upset around them because they're not as interested with learning about who they were as you think they should be or you think you would be in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
            Having amnesia can be very frustrating for a person, especially when confronted with things or people they're told they're "supposed" to know. My sister briefly suffered from amnesia when she hit her head as a kid (she wasn't wearing a helmet when biking down a hill). She didn't overwhelm people with questions, nor were they forced on her. She simply followed the routine laid her for her until her memories came back. For example, at dinner she went up to our brother's usual chair and sat down. She didn't ask where to sit and when our brother tried to let out a "Hey, that's my..." he was shut down my our mother and told to just let it go. The idea being not to pressure an amnesic, but to let them recover and figure things out in their own time.

One thing to beware of is that from the mind of an amnesiac with no memory of past relationships, friends and family are strangers. For an amnesiac it's therefore not unusual to react to those past relations the same way you would if a stranger stopped you on the street and acted like you were old friends. You might try to pretend like you know them or you might get angry and tell them to get lost. In the latter case you may just think they're lying but for an amnesiac you potentially also have the added stress of realizing you don't remember anybody.

In my analogy you might also be the type of person who is fascinated by meeting someone you once knew but don't remember, admit that, and start peppering them with questions. Whether people with amnesia have actually done that I don't know. I've never heard of it actually happening in real life, but people and types of amnesia are different so it's possible. It doesn't appear to be the common response from what I know, though, and one of the big warnings for people dealing with an amnesiac is to temper their expectations. You don't want to get upset around them because they're not as interested with learning about who they were as you think they should be or you think you would be in that situation.
            A concussion will cause brief spells of foregetfullness. Last year, I fell and hit my head (among other things) and wound up in the hospital. I have little blips of memory surrounding that incident, but don't recall much of the first four days while in the hospital. My brother has told me some of the things that happened, but I just don't remember them.

Comment

Lord Yu wasn't impersonating a god like the others.
              He was always a bit different in his ways.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lord Yu was the First Emperor of China, wasn't he? That's almost like being a god (not impersonating one, though).

Yes, he was the oldest, according to the show.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Something like that, yes.

----

Jigsaw time: 3:10

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Something like that, yes.

----

Jigsaw time: 3:10
                    *whistles innocently*
                    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Someone should call George Lucas about the copyright infringement. This episode has a lot to do and it shows. It can be divided into Daniel's reintegration and the tricking of Anubis. I get a little bored with the first half but love the second half. I thought it was a creative story to trick Anubis even if it didn't work correctly and plus Hammond finally went offworld. Last time that happened was S2. I give it a good. I also got 1 min and 45 seconds
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      *whistles innocently*
                      Yeah... okay... you are the master, after all.

Comment

Jack was so funny in this episode. I am looking forward to D/J interaction, their chemistry is great
                        Episode was good, we got back Daniel but somehow, it didn't feel really like an episode from SG. It was too fast for me. Too many jumps and so. Maybe in some other series it wouldn't bother me, but here it was just unusual.

Comment

Poor Jonas Quinn. Is it just me, or is Anubis just annoying? I think the concept of Anubis was great first time round, but not on the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                          X