Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    In scifi anything is possible...
    Nevertheless I wouldn't speak of rebirth but reanimation so he didn't have to be naked - that was the point, and - by the way - the quote you used was incomplete.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
      ...he didn't have to be naked...
      It showed him as vulnerable, which he was since Oma took his memory away and left him to fend for himself on a planet where nobody knew who he was or where he came from. She left him alone.

...the quote you used was incomplete.
      I know, I only took that bit of your post that was relevant to my answer.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I still say it wasn't a rebirth but a reanimation and that could have been in clothes - if Oma had wanted to show his vulnerability she would have placed him in a dangerous spot - not amongst those friendly people knowing SG1 would come. For me the naked part was kind of a joke.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

I still say it wasn't a rebirth but a reanimation and that could have been in clothes - if Oma had wanted to show his vulnerability she would have placed him in a dangerous spot - not amongst those friendly people knowing SG1 would come. For me the naked part was kind of a joke.
          So, then I guess you weren't a fan of the vulnerable and very naked Sha're in Children of the Gods?

Comment

So, then I guess you weren't a fan of the vulnerable and very naked Sha're in Children of the Gods?
            That was very different - here the complete helplessness and vulnerability of that woman was shown - in the movie version I think that scene was left out.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

That was very different - here the complete helplessness and vulnerability of that woman was shown - in the movie version I think that scene was left out.
              And yet Daniel being dropped on a random planet doesn't hit the vulnerable and naked note?

It was the Director's cut which, IMO, wasn't at all needed. I think that scene was fabulous.

Comment

And yet Daniel being dropped on a random planet doesn't hit the vulnerable and naked note?.
                It was the Director's cut which, IMO, wasn't at all needed. I think that scene was fabulous.
                First line: No, not for me.
                Second line: I totally agree!!!!
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Oh hey look -- Michael's back so Corin's instantaneously booted out of the opening credits and Michael's in with an "And..." note.

Quite possibly 1 of the 2 things I hate about this episode, and this season. Well, hate is a strong word, but I certainly didn't like it. I really like Jonas and Corin so it didn't seem very nice towards the character or the actor.

Anywho...

I quite like the story. It has some good, quality action and fun SG-1 moments.
                  Of course, the whole Deathstar routine is probably a tribute to Star Wars, but seriously... it's nearly scene for scene, except that there isn't a whole platoon of fighters going for the "cooling vent". They're not even hiding it.

Anyhow, this gets an ex

How would you rate SG-1's "Fallen?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

Comment

Oh hey look -- Michael's back so Corin's instantaneously booted out of the opening credits and Michael's in with an "And..." note.

Quite possibly 1 of the 2 things I hate about this episode, and this season. Well, hate is a strong word, but I certainly didn't like it. I really like Jonas and Corin so it didn't seem very nice towards the character or the actor.

I quite like the story. It has some good, quality action and fun SG-1 moments.
                    Yes, this I dislike the most of the season. Sometimes it looked to me that they wanted to get rid of Jonas as soon as possible when was Daniel back. I hoped that they turn him into recurring character on the level of Jacob or Brata'c at least, but how dissapointed I was. At least occasional mention would be nice, but even this was gone after season 7. And it is only my feeling but his later mentions were not usually only in connection with something which he did wrongly?

I think that the season 7 was weaker in comparison with the previous, but this opening was really great. The interesting plot and great action was there, the great character moments as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                      Yes, this I dislike the most of the season. Sometimes it looked to me that they wanted to get rid of Jonas as soon as possible when was Daniel back. I hoped that they turn him into recurring character on the level of Jacob or Brata'c at least, but how dissapointed I was. At least occasional mention would be nice, but even this was gone after season 7. And it is only my feeling but his later mentions were not usually only in connection with something which he did wrongly?
                      It felt like they wanted to forget about Jonas as fast as possible, discarded to the side for Daniel "the golden boy" Jackson. Actually, from this point onwards I would regularly refer to him as Action!Jackson. He stopped being the archaeologist/anthropologist and became the action figure instead. He lost some of that gentle charm too.

Meh, it did grow on me after a while, but I never forgave them for Jonas Quinn and the way he was treated as a character after Daniel's return.

Comment

For me, Daniel still worked in seasons 7 and 8 with some exceptions, I did not have serious objections toward him there, but last two seasons were too much for me. Especially when he was paired with Vala - I did not like her character at all (with a few small exceptions) and in combination with Daniel it was horrible catastrophy. He was behaving as a rude, unpleasant, all-knowing, his gun-loving man.

And I agree with treatment of Jonas. His farewell scene in Homecoming was nice (I would only wish warmer goodbye from Jack), but after that. Never mentioned by everyone (or only in a insulting way - Jonas helped Anubis to create his supersoldiers, he revealed the location of the Alpha Site, he could be good but Daniel truly belonged to SG-1), never return (even in Fallout, with the exception of Hammond and Sam, the others did not look too pleased to see him again) even when his planet was attacked by Ori. How I still hate this treatment of such a great character.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                          For me, Daniel still worked in seasons 7 and 8 with some exceptions, I did not have serious objections toward him there, but last two seasons were too much for me. Especially when he was paired with Vala - I did not like her character at all (with a few small exceptions) and in combination with Daniel it was horrible catastrophy. He was behaving as a rude, unpleasant, all-knowing, his gun-loving man.
                          Vala and Cameron literally saved SG-1 for me, so I have no objections.

I think for me, his return was tainted with the leaving of Jonas and how that character was dropped like a stone the moment Daniel was written back into the saga. It just left that bitter taste in the back of my mouth.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Full Circle, Fallen (s7) & Homecoming (s7)

Jigsaw puzzle: Fallen

Comment

4:44
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                                4:44
                                That's a nice round number.

Comment

Working...
                                X