Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Aurora Defeat a Orii Warship???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Aurora Defeat a Orii Warship???

Just wondering, can the aurora an ancient warship, take on the ori's warships?

Originally posted by mahram
    Just wondering, can the aurora an ancient warship, take on the ori's warships?
    Well the actual Aurora would not be able to, it was destroyed by self destruct(in the Atlantis episode Aurora), but speaking the Orion (Aurora class) it might or might not be able to, lets look at the specifics. The aurora class is a reconnaissance ship not a war ship (stated in the Atlantis episode Aurora), with the slower intergalactic hyper drive, not faster galactic so that’s not the best (stated in the Atlantis episode Aurora) and shields well I don’t remembers specifics but holds back lava and besides weapons & armament it has drones? Who knows what else the armament is. So until we see it in action or more specs who knows?
    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

I'm gonna give the only certain answer we can give at the moment:

'Maybe'

PS. There are already two-three threads regarding this in Science and Technology, with a few dozen replies each.

Comment

The Aurora wouldn't be able to touch an Ori ship, as it has been destroyed. The Orion wouldn't be able to touch an Ori ship as it is currently very badly damaged and not fully operational. You also have to remember that it's humans at the helm of the Orion, not the Atlanteans - Ancients - which is like someone who only knows how to drive a car suddenly thrust into the controls of a Boeing 747.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
          Well the actual Aurora would not be able to, it was destroyed by self destruct(in the Atlantis episode Aurora), but speaking the Orion (Aurora class) it might or might not be able to, lets look at the specifics. The aurora class is a reconnaissance ship not a war ship (stated in the Atlantis episode Aurora), with the slower intergalactic hyper drive, not faster galactic so that’s not the best (stated in the Atlantis episode Aurora) and shields well I don’t remembers specifics but holds back lava and besides weapons & armament it has drones? Who knows what else the armament is. So until we see it in action or more specs who knows?
          Actually it is a Warship! It was imply on a recon mission.

Here are some quotes from 'Aurora' & 'Inferno'.

SHEPPARD: A warship?
          McKAY: See, look at his eyes all lighting up again. It's Pavlovian. I cross-checked the logs. They were on a reconnaissance mission. When we activated the ZedP.M., the city must have sent out some kind of an automated subspace beacon recalling ships back to Atlantis

CALDWELL (interrupting again): Relax, Doctor, I happen to agree. The value of an Ancient warship in our hands instead of the Wraiths' is more than enough incentive for me.

ATLANTIS. John is walking with Doctor Elizabeth Weir towards her office.
          SHEPPARD: It's an Aurora class warship. Obviously the Ancients built more than one of them.
          WEIR: Why didn't we become aware of it at the same time our sensors picked up the Aurora?
          SHEPPARD: It's damaged -- probably from the war with the Wraith.
          WEIR: Beyond repair?

WEIR: Our interest extends beyond just security, though. We're also interested in cultural exchange and, of course, trading opportunities. As you discovered, we have an extensive knowledge of Ancient technology.
          LYCUS (looking at her suspiciously): And we have an Ancient warship.
          WEIR: Yes. A ship that currently is unable to fly. If we were able to repair it, perhaps we could negotiate ...
          LYCUS (interrupting): We do not know all of its wonders, but I can only assume it possesses the capability for great destruction. Why would I hand over that capability to you?

LYCUS: There's nothing wrong with our Gate. Dial it again.
          (The technician dials again. The Gate dials, then groans and powers down.)
          TECHNICIAN: We're getting nothing.
          (Lycus looks at Elizabeth.)
          LYCUS: You orchestrated this, didn't you?
          WEIR: What?
          LYCUS: You lured me here to hold me hostage in exchange for our warship.
          WEIR: I assure you, Chancellor, that is not what's happening here. Zelenka, the Daedalus is on its way back from Earth. I want you to contact Colonel Caldwell and divert them to Taranis

CALDWELL: Well, Colonel Sheppard could have saved some of the remaining population, but instead he tried to save every single one of them by taking refuge aboard the damaged Ancient warship, which has pretty much taken any options I might have had out of the equation.
          WEIR: Stay as long as you can.
          CALDWELL: Hermiod says the volcano's about to erupt. We should know for sure by then.
          It's called a Warship in 6 seperate conversation throughout the two episodes.

As for the hyperdrive, what does that matter, it may not have intergalactic capabilities as standard, but since they aren't chasing the Ori around multiple galaxies, then that doesn't make any difference. What matters isn't how fast it is, it's how it handles itself in battle.

The Aurora wouldn't be able to touch an Ori ship, as it has been destroyed. The Orion wouldn't be able to touch an Ori ship as it is currently very badly damaged and not fully operational. You also have to remember that it's humans at the helm of the Orion, not the Atlanteans - Ancients - which is like someone who only knows how to drive a car suddenly thrust into the controls of a Boeing 747.
          Why specifically? It's not very badly damaged, the only thing that wasn't really working was the Drones. So apart from the weapons, then it's ready to rumble. It really wouldn't matter who was at the helm of it, as long as they know what everything does, then the weapons would do the same damage no matter who was pressing the fire button. The only difference between the two races are that the SGA team wouldn't be able to repair it anywhere near as fast, or even in an extreme situation, create brand new Lantian tech. Other than that, I personally think they'd actually make better use of the ship that the Lantians did themselves. They didn't have the tactical knowledge or experience, that's why they were defeated, despite them having better & more advanced technology that the Wraith. Compare that to the humans, who are much more experienced in that department. Therefore, as long as they know what everything does, I don't see a problem with them taking out almost anything they come across in it.

From the looks of it, it looks like it may have a beam weapon that probably will come from the huge lances on the side, similar to the sat weapons platform. Then on looking closely in 'Allies', you can see what appears to be dozens of weapons turrets running along the length of the outside hull. Add to that an armoury full of Drones, then I really cannot see how it wouldn't tear an Ori ship a new ass if they were to fight. The only problem is that more Ori ships would probably come for backup & that would give them the advantage. On the other hand, if they could find a ZPM to boot the Orion's shields, then I even think it could take on a couple of Ori ships at a time without too much difficulty.

Comment

I highly doubt that a fully functional Aurora class ship could actually destroy and Ori ship. Firstly the Aurora's were most likely made very quickly by the Ancients since they really had no need for that kind of ship before the Wraith (besides I think the ancients could make prettier looking ships with more time ie. Atlantis), and second, the Ori are ascended while the Ancients when they made the Aurora's were not. Surely with the ascended powers the Ori have they could gather the knowledge to construct ships better than what the Ancients could have back then, espesially in the rushed circumstances that I mentioned before.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
              Actually it is a Warship! It was imply on a recon mission.

Here are some quotes from 'Aurora' & 'Inferno'.

It's called a Warship in 6 seperate conversation throughout the two episodes.

As for the hyperdrive, what does that matter, it may not have intergalactic capabilities as standard, but since they aren't chasing the Ori around multiple galaxies, then that doesn't make any difference. What matters isn't how fast it is, it's how it handles itself in battle.

Why specifically? It's not very badly damaged, the only thing that wasn't really working was the Drones. So apart from the weapons, then it's ready to rumble. It really wouldn't matter who was at the helm of it, as long as they know what everything does, then the weapons would do the same damage no matter who was pressing the fire button. The only difference between the two races are that the SGA team wouldn't be able to repair it anywhere near as fast, or even in an extreme situation, create brand new Lantian tech. Other than that, I personally think they'd actually make better use of the ship that the Lantians did themselves. They didn't have the tactical knowledge or experience, that's why they were defeated, despite them having better & more advanced technology that the Wraith. Compare that to the humans, who are much more experienced in that department. Therefore, as long as they know what everything does, I don't see a problem with them taking out almost anything they come across in it.

From the looks of it, it looks like it may have a beam weapon that probably will come from the huge lances on the side, similar to the sat weapons platform. Then on looking closely in 'Allies', you can see what appears to be dozens of weapons turrets running along the length of the outside hull. Add to that an armoury full of Drones, then I really cannot see how it wouldn't tear an Ori ship a new ass if they were to fight. The only problem is that more Ori ships would probably come for backup & that would give them the advantage. On the other hand, if they could find a ZPM to boot the Orion's shields, then I even think it could take on a couple of Ori ships at a time without too much difficulty.

great ownage

yes if the drones can penetrate ori shields

Comment

I'll tell you this, an Aurora-class warship would have a much better chance than anything we currently have at our disposal. So, it's worth a shot.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

thats a really great question nakedjehuty, could the drones even penetrate ori type shields. So far the drones are the most powerful weopens ever created. Excluding the life creating, replicator destroying weopen. Even more powerful then those satellite weopens in atlantis. And they are the mainstay of ancient defense systems. Could you imagine the shock in sg1's faces if the drones couldnt penetrate the shields of the orii.

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                  great ownage

yes if the drones can penetrate ori shields

Comment

Drones > Ancient/Orii beam weapons > Asgard weapons > goa'uld weapons > tauri weapons.

I think that the Ancient and Orii beam weapons are essentially the same. They seem to have the same type configuration, both seem capable of running on lower level power sources, both seem to function in a similar manner. The only difference between the Rand one and the Ancient one was the color, the ancient one was brighter and greenish yellow compared to orangish from the Rand one. This likely indicates a higher energy level in the Ancient one.

I think the one on the Ancient satellite was much more powerful because A) it was built using all ancient materials, only the power source was human (and because of the buffer, that didn't matter anyways except possibly for refire rate) B) it took out a hive ship in one shot. The Orii designed Rand satellite took multiple shots to destroy the much smaller Prometheus, even though the beam seemed to easily penetrate the shields. The Orii "built" ones on their ships didn't seem a whole lot more effective, though I'm sure the Asgard shields had been tuned to deal with that which probably helped.

Here are a couple of screen caps I've managed to dig up. The one from Ethon isn't as good as I would like but it will have to do.

Ancient defense satellite. Note the greenish color of the beam.

Rand Protectorate weapon from Ethon. Note how the beam is orangish in color, suggesting a lower energy level.

Ori beam weapons from Camelot. Note the color here is more yellowish. Closer to the ancient satellite, but still doesn't seem to be quite as effective and a yellowish color would still suggest a lower energy level. Which makes sense when you figure that even with Orii help, the society building it is still more primitive and likely somewhat limited in the materials they can use. It may also suggest that because of their focus on science the Ancient stuff is still more advanced than what the Orii could produce. I lean towards the latter option or a combination of the two.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Avatar28; 04 April 2006, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Not a chance. If it did..the story would be way too inconsistent. Even the Orion would get wasted...

Even though we've never seen an Atlantean ship in action..think about this....

Atlantean knowledge....vs....Ori ascended knowledge....

Besides...the Orii ship looks like it uses some special power source..maybe similar to a ZPM. It's the white glowing fuzz in the center of the ship..totally cool. I'm sure the ship has it's draw backs since it was probably a rushed job....just like the satellite that destroyed Prometheus.

Comment

the orian can destroy a ori ship the ori are a religion group the ancients were scientiffic merlin even build a weapon the size of a necklass that can defeat acendent beings if you are acendent doesn't mean you have all the knowleadge you must gain knowladge the ori are more busy to control people the orian has surviaved for thousands of years and we don't know what makes it tick almost like every ship in stargate they don't give alot of info or no info.

the drones i think that drones dont move in our space time that's how they can past shields if you think of space time for example think about levels our space time is in between 10 levels level 5 the drones work level 4 or 6 just out of our space time (the yellow glow when fired) hyperspace is level 8 or 9 acention level 10 all is on a different level shield work on level 5 drone on 6.

when acendent you dont know everything and not all can chance our space time can affect this dimension that's why acention is a different dimension like hyperspace and it can't chance materials in this dimension.

one on one the orian will win (religion against science in tis space time)

Comment

You shouldn't say such a thing without any facts.

Eventually, i'm sure that the Orion and an Ori ship square off but untill then, we shouldn't say we KNOW that the Orion is better, because we don't know.

Also, everyone should stop saying that the Ori have ascended knowledge and thus know how to make better and much stronger ships. Like Daniel said in the Season 6 final (if that's the right episode atleast), an ascended being still needs to learn things itself, when your ascended it doesn't just come to you, it's just easier to understand then when you were a mortal.

Seeing as the ancients have been shielding the MW (and very likely, Pegasus too, maybe even Ida) i doubt the Ori have had any competition to fight in all those millions years, it's very likely that the Ori use the exact same weapons and shields as the Ancients and Ori once shared. So it's likely that the Ancient tech is more advanced, but we just don't know.
                          error: signature not found

Comment

well I think he meant is that the orii in their ascended forms, and with all of their advanced knowledge are giving it to their human servants to build ships. Thats why he thinks their ships are more advanced. Also, I think the ascended rule is that both races cant physically interfere with humans.

Originally posted by metroid
                            You shouldn't say such a thing without any facts.

Eventually, i'm sure that the Orion and an Ori ship square off but untill then, we shouldn't say we KNOW that the Orion is better, because we don't know.

Also, everyone should stop saying that the Ori have ascended knowledge and thus know how to make better and much stronger ships. Like Daniel said in the Season 6 final (if that's the right episode atleast), an ascended being still needs to learn things itself, when your ascended it doesn't just come to you, it's just easier to understand then when you were a mortal.

Seeing as the ancients have been shielding the MW (and very likely, Pegasus too, maybe even Ida) i doubt the Ori have had any competition to fight in all those millions years, it's very likely that the Ori use the exact same weapons and shields as the Ancients and Ori once shared. So it's likely that the Ancient tech is more advanced, but we just don't know.

Comment

Well, then again...

The Lantians left the Orii galaxy before they came to the Milky way. From the Milky Way, they then went to Pegasus, and then back to the Milky Way. This gives them plenty of time to research more powerful technology.

My question is... does Janus have any surprises for us? If he's been watching time using his time machine, shouldn't he know that the Orii will be back?

Comment

Working...
                              X