X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis watches

How do the watches on atlantis work?

Normal watches have a 24 hour time period, but we forund out in runner that atlantis has at least a 26 hour day, so how do you tell the time on atlantis when all there watches have a 24 hour period?

You build watches which either use 26 hours, or watches that use ~55 minute hours (allowing for 2 extra 'hours' in a 'day').
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

They'd probably keep the hours the same but make a watch that does 26 hours...and make sure its set to AST...Atlantis Standard Time...

Comment

I would imagine the Expedition runs on standard GMT, the same way the military does. That way no matter where you are either on base or offworld time is sync'ed. Although if we are talking about earth and Atlantis... AE's Special theory of relativity comes into place, which from my understanding is a bit complicating.

Comment

Why would relativity come into play? The issue here is that the planet has a different rate of rotation, so eventually it would be 12 noon in the middle of the night. It would make it difficult for people to function since stuff like that makes the brain upset. Essentially you just need 2 'leap-hours' each day.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

So there ISN'T any atlantis merchandise watches then?

Comment

Yeah my guess would be 26 hour digital watches (as a 26 hour analogue watch would take some thinking!)

Comment

Working...
              X