No announcement yet.

Full Circle (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a shock to see what happened to Abydos, especially since it has a place in the hearts of ALL true SG fans, since it was the first planet we went to..
    BUT it was also glad to see that Oma ascended everyone there, so none would die.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      BUT it was also glad to see that Oma ascended everyone there, so none would die.
      Yes, it was an emotional salve, but something about it troubles me...
      (SERIOUSLY AWFUL SPOILERS, DON'T READ UNLESS YOU WATCHED SEASON 7 AND 8)
      Spoiler:
      Oma talked about always being watched by the others and having to walk carefully a line between minor infractions and major offences. So, okay, she gets away with performing an occasional insta-scend on a "lower being." But all Abydonians? Regardless of their purity of spirit and all that mumbo jumbo? After all, the entire Anubis storyline is a punishment for the last time she ascended someone who really really shouldn't have been helped. And now the Others let her ascend everyone on the planet, whoever they may be? Maybe she only ascended the eighteen that we see in the scene. In light of Thread's revelations, that's what I'm going to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        Yes, it was an emotional salve, but something about it troubles me...
        (SERIOUSLY AWFUL SPOILERS, DON'T READ UNLESS YOU WATCHED SEASON 7 AND 8)
        Spoiler:
        Oma talked about always being watched by the others and having to walk carefully a line between minor infractions and major offences. So, okay, she gets away with performing an occasional insta-scend on a "lower being." But all Abydonians? Regardless of their purity of spirit and all that mumbo jumbo? After all, the entire Anubis storyline is a punishment for the last time she ascended someone who really really shouldn't have been helped. And now the Others let her ascend everyone on the planet, whoever they may be? Maybe she only ascended the eighteen that we see in the scene. In light of Thread's revelations, that's what I'm going to believe.
        Maybe Oma was able to do that because it was Anubis that killed them...or (and I say this simply as a 'what if' because there are no facts or anything)... maybe Skaara convinced them...I'm sure there are many reasons we could come up with but maybe there is some kind of loophole because Anubis is half ascended so it's not quite a 'human' issue...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          Maybe Oma was able to do that because it was Anubis that killed them...or (and I say this simply as a 'what if' because there are no facts or anything)... maybe Skaara convinced them...I'm sure there are many reasons we could come up with but maybe there is some kind of loophole because Anubis is half ascended so it's not quite a 'human' issue...
          I agree, I'm certain that even the 'Others' sensed that Anubis was worse than anything else so they didn't stop Oma. He was the personification (half at least) of evil - maybe the others felt sorry for the people on Abydos because Anubis was partly one of them.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Let's use spoiler tags. We're at the edge of information not yet revealed.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Anja View Post
            maybe the others felt sorry for the people on Abydos because Anubis was partly one of them.
            That's not at all how the Others operate, Anja. The Others care about one thing above all else: non-intervention. It's like their religion. They would allow Anubis, or Baal, or anyone else to extinguish all life in the galaxy, as long as it was done without the assistance of an ascended being. (Anubis is a special case. The Others will let Anubis kill everyone as long as he follows a rule about what knowledge he uses.)

One of the highest non-intervention rules is "do not help a lower being ascend." The Others tolerate Oma's violation here and there, but Oma is in exile because of it, and she is being punished. So, to allow Oma to insta-scend an entire planet's population because the Others feel sorry? The Others aren't like that at all.

There's only one way that I can reconcile the end of Full Circle with what we later learn about the Others. Oma ascended every person that she could before the Others would stop her. I counted about eighteen people.

Comment

So it depends on how many people are meant when Skaara and O'Neill talk about "all".
              We will not know because we cannot look into the minds of the writers.
              You counted the actors not the population.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                So it depends on how many people are meant when Skaara and O'Neill talk about "all".
                We will not know because we cannot look into the minds of the writers.
                You counted the actors not the population.
                Being it was only those few we actually saw, perhaps it WAS only those 18 which got ascended.. The rest, got killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                  Let's use spoiler tags. We're at the edge of information not yet revealed.
                  Spoiler:
                  That's not at all how the Others operate, Anja. The Others care about one thing above all else: non-intervention. It's like their religion. They would allow Anubis, or Baal, or anyone else to extinguish all life in the galaxy, as long as it was done without the assistance of an ascended being. (Anubis is a special case. The Others will let Anubis kill everyone as long as he follows a rule about what knowledge he uses.)

One of the highest non-intervention rules is "do not help a lower being ascend." The Others tolerate Oma's violation here and there, but Oma is in exile because of it, and she is being punished. So, to allow Oma to insta-scend an entire planet's population because the Others feel sorry? The Others aren't like that at all.

There's only one way that I can reconcile the end of Full Circle with what we later learn about the Others. Oma ascended every person that she could before the Others would stop her. I counted about eighteen people.
                  How about the scenario that Oma promised that she would stop Anubis on the condition that she is allowed to ascend the people of Abydos? Seeing as there was only one way to do that it could've solved two of the Ancient's problems at once...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                  "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                  a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I find it very interesting that when Oma descended Daniel to keep him from interfering that Anubis didn't claim the credit. Considering the huge ego that's inherit in all the goa'uld.

Comment

Maybe Anubis truly didn't know what had just happened..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Maybe Anubis truly didn't know what had just happened..
                        I doubt that very seriously. He was ascended once, and still is somewhere in between. So he knows the rules. He practically dared Daniel to challenge knowing full well that either Oma or the others would stop him.

Comment

Full Circle has to be one of the most epic endings to a season ever. Definitely one of my all-time favorite episodes of Stargate, and has one of the most epic destruction sequences in the history of stargate too -- Anubis destroying the pyramid. One of the most epic practical effects ever -- one of my favorites.

Back to Abydos to find the eye of Ra which Anubis needs to finish his weapon of mass destruction. Epic stand-off ensues, people die and ascend. Daniel crosses the fine line. We find the tablet that will eventually lead us to Atlantis and destroy Abydos for good. Luckily Oma keeps the people safe.

It's one heck of an adventure, this one.

How would you rate SG-1's "Full Circle?"

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible

Jigsaw: Full Circle

3-episode quiz to follow as soon as I've made it through Fallen and Homecoming of season 7.
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 December 2018, 11:53 AM.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Since this is the end of season 6, I hereby leave you the link to the "end of season 6 poll" --> Season 6 of Stargate SG-1.

Comment

When I decided that Prophecy is the best episode of the season, I completely forgotten to even more favourite - I actually like Descent more. It also was a great episode for Jonas.

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                                When I decided that Prophecy is the best episode of the season, I completely forgotten to even more favourite - I actually like Descent more. It also was a great episode for Jonas.
                                True, that epic moment where Corin casually holds his breath for a couple of minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X