No announcement yet.

Full Circle (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Daniel in his ascended form couldn't do that could he? He would've been stopped and then it would've panned out the same way I think.

With regard to easily destroying Anubis though I reckon he could've had he not been stopped. I mean, if Oma can ascend an entire planet then destroying Anubis shouldn't be much of problem should it?
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Ha, count me in as part of the "Anubis Mask-Smasher" fanclub... I even mentioned it on another thread without knowing talk about it was happening here !

Yeah, I think Anubis should have a more personal death, so many major Goa'uld have impersonal deaths, it seems to me...

What I'm wondering about this episode is, why would Anubis do this:

Breaking his vow to Jackson, Anubis now moves to destroy Abydos. But Daniel is there to stop him. Using the power of the ascended, he tries to throw a burst of energy at Anubis -- but is stopped and pulled away. Anubis confesses to Herak that it was not his doing; Oma Desala or the others must have stopped him.

Why would he confess this to Herak instead of taking credit? It diminishes his "image" as a "god". Sounds like an odd case of humility.
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

omnian, I was talking about if Daniel was not stopped from doing what he was going to do. I still think he should have been able to destroy Anubis then suffer the consequences. The only consequence is descension and that's about it. Big deal. Oh yes and a little memory loss. I think I'd take that risk
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          omnian, I was talking about if Daniel was not stopped from doing what he was going to do. I still think he should have been able to destroy Anubis then suffer the consequences. The only consequence is descension and that's about it. Big deal. Oh yes and a little memory loss. I think I'd take that risk
          Ohhhh....well, even so it might have been part of the Others' grand plan or something mightn't it? Or maybe they knew it wouldn't have worked......oh well, we'll never know.
          "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Such a shame
            __

__

Comment

My question is, if Daniel wasn't stopped by Oma, would he of actually defeated Anubis? Anubis just simply raised one hand and threw away the energy where Daniel lifted both arms just to get himself in danger
              [/font]

Anubis raised his hand in fear, like someone might turn their shoulder to defend themselves from an explosion. The fact that the energy reversed was nothing to do with him. Oma stopped Daniel's blast; Anubis was just reacting in fear.

And I don't think it's humility that makes him admit he didn't do it; I think it's just fear and relief. He's too shaken to pull his god act together in time. As I mentioned below:

Originally posted by Me!
              if he'd been with it at all he'd have been all: "Yep; One True God, right here."
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Pretty interesting... sign of weakness after all (if you don't count some of those melodramatic lines in that deep voice of his) Sorry I didn't see your post before for some reason -- the answer came before the question!!

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Good to hear that a flase god is actually afriad of that. It's a shame Oma done what she did

Here's a question. If they aren't allowed to do that energy thingy, what are they going to use it for? Is there any point of the Ancients even having that power?
                  __

__

Comment

I'm guessing they can only use their powers if their existence is threatened. Though that would be quite hard seeing as no one really knows whereabouts they are......
                    Or perhaps in extremely special circumstances. Quite what one of those would be I haven't a clue

Comment

Exactly. There is no purpose on having those powers unless they can be used. And with all that power, wouldn't you want to use it? I know I would

If you've been given something you're expected to use it. OK, bad example but if you're given a computer you're at least expected to turn it on! (veyr bad example)

I guess it's a little late to find the answer now, unless it gets explained further in Atlantis. That seems more likely
                      __

__

Comment

Exactly. There is no purpose on having those powers unless they can be used. And with all that power, wouldn't you want to use it? I know I would

If you've been given something you're expected to use it. OK, bad example but if you're given a computer you're at least expected to turn it on! (veyr bad example)

I guess it's a little late to find the answer now, unless it gets explained further in Atlantis. That seems more likely
                        I hope they do, i was kind of 'pissed' that the ancients didnt let Daniel blow Anubis away with his powers back in season 6, then that would have saved us the problem of taking care of him in season 7, and blah, alot of things wouldn't have happened, nevermind!
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think it was Oma who stopped Daniel, to keep him from tipping the Others off to what she'd been doing. She decided that the more subtle course was to Ascend the entire population of Abydos (as you do).

As to the 'purpose' of possessing the powers which the Others have, I figure that those are actually a side effect of Ascension, and that having discovered what Ascension entailed the Others chose not to interfere in the world which they had left behind. If they had not done so, they would have become tyrants as terrible as the Goa'uld; well-meaning oppressors, but oppressors nonetheless.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Oma was the one who stopped Daniel from attempting to wipe out Anubis. But my question still stands. Is there ever going to be any use of the power of the Ancients. One rule even says that they can't even talk to people like Daniel did with Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Jonas! So overall, the powers are useless

Unless, perhaps they are used in defense against the Wraith. Perhaps they figured out a way to get close to the Ancients and drain their energy and their only defense is that energy beam defense!
                            __

__

Comment

Is it just me or does Oma give off a "Touched By An Angel" vibe?

Comment

Oma gives off some strange vibes. Probably because of just who she is
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X