Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Default Re: Full Circle (622)

Maybe he was hungry, haha...

I also noticed that he had got a little chubbier but not a load

Sci-Fi Re: Full Circle (622)

Great episode, micheal shanks was great in this,and Anubis was so cool in the face of what could have been his end(if it was'nt for his weapon,,,oh,err) one thing tho,the replica of the eye of Ra that cathrine gave Daniel,was not just a bit different, but a lot different from one used in the Movie,just a little point for you to look out for.
    "Silence"Kneel before your God http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedi...s/Stuff027.gif
    Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Perhaps the Eye of Ra in the movie was used for a different reason, besides what it was used for in the original film. In the film, it is a eye jewel but in Full Circle it is like a round cyrstal. Strange!

Sci-Fi Re: Full Circle (622)

Kel shek Anubis, you could be right, it was the replica that daniel was given by kathrine not the eye its self,got that Email from Sky that you wanted to look at but I'vem tried to send it to you but there is no email address for you.?????
    "Silence"Kneel before your God http://www.stargatefan.com/multimedi...s/Stuff027.gif
    Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Hey Apepi. I'll put my email on display

Anubis was not cool in the face of death. He peed his robes and threw his hands up in a futile effort to defend himself. He was so rattled he even blabbed to Herak that it wasn't him who stopped Daniel; if he'd been with it at all he'd have been all: "Yep; One True God, right here." He was only strutting before that because he underestimated Daniel. Osiris had probably told him Daniel was a wuss, so he didn't think he'd do it.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

What I can't figure out is why Daniel was stopped from doing what he did despite the actions that Oma done towards the end. You're quite right, Anubis guessed that he was too afraid of the consequences to do anything. He was wrong. I guess Anubis started to panic when Daniel did that

I still feel gipped that we never got to see anyone smash Anubis' mask in. With all that stuff about how it keeps his energy in and holds his form together, I felt sure someone would have to crack it open.

My question is, if Daniel wasn't stopped by Oma, would he of actually defeated Anubis? Anubis just simply raised one hand and threw away the energy where Daniel lifted both arms just to get himself in danger

Likewise, Daniel is ascended he knows about ways of the Ancients and how they do what they do. Why didn't Daniel use that knowledge to wipe him out. Even better, if Anubis knows how to defend it there was be a way to eliminate that defense

(Spoilers, Season Seven) What about the engine room. In season seven the first and second episode where they blew up Anubis' engine room, why didn't Daniel do that. It would have been a massive explosion and quite rapidly destroyed Anubis. However, I guess The Lost City would have never been the same!

Well, Daniel in his ascended form couldn't do that could he? He would've been stopped and then it would've panned out the same way I think.

With regard to easily destroying Anubis though I reckon he could've had he not been stopped. I mean, if Oma can ascend an entire planet then destroying Anubis shouldn't be much of problem should it?

Ha, count me in as part of the "Anubis Mask-Smasher" fanclub... I even mentioned it on another thread without knowing talk about it was happening here !

Yeah, I think Anubis should have a more personal death, so many major Goa'uld have impersonal deaths, it seems to me...

What I'm wondering about this episode is, why would Anubis do this:

Breaking his vow to Jackson, Anubis now moves to destroy Abydos. But Daniel is there to stop him. Using the power of the ascended, he tries to throw a burst of energy at Anubis -- but is stopped and pulled away. Anubis confesses to Herak that it was not his doing; Oma Desala or the others must have stopped him.

Why would he confess this to Herak instead of taking credit? It diminishes his "image" as a "god". Sounds like an odd case of humility.

omnian, I was talking about if Daniel was not stopped from doing what he was going to do. I still think he should have been able to destroy Anubis then suffer the consequences. The only consequence is descension and that's about it. Big deal. Oh yes and a little memory loss. I think I'd take that risk

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    omnian, I was talking about if Daniel was not stopped from doing what he was going to do. I still think he should have been able to destroy Anubis then suffer the consequences. The only consequence is descension and that's about it. Big deal. Oh yes and a little memory loss. I think I'd take that risk
    Ohhhh....well, even so it might have been part of the Others' grand plan or something mightn't it? Or maybe they knew it wouldn't have worked......oh well, we'll never know.

Such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    My question is, if Daniel wasn't stopped by Oma, would he of actually defeated Anubis? Anubis just simply raised one hand and threw away the energy where Daniel lifted both arms just to get himself in danger
    [/font]

Anubis raised his hand in fear, like someone might turn their shoulder to defend themselves from an explosion. The fact that the energy reversed was nothing to do with him. Oma stopped Daniel's blast; Anubis was just reacting in fear.

And I don't think it's humility that makes him admit he didn't do it; I think it's just fear and relief. He's too shaken to pull his god act together in time. As I mentioned below:

Quote Originally Posted by Me!
    if he'd been with it at all he'd have been all: "Yep; One True God, right here."

Pretty interesting... sign of weakness after all (if you don't count some of those melodramatic lines in that deep voice of his) Sorry I didn't see your post before for some reason -- the answer came before the question!!

Good to hear that a flase god is actually afriad of that. It's a shame Oma done what she did

Here's a question. If they aren't allowed to do that energy thingy, what are they going to use it for? Is there any point of the Ancients even having that power?

I'm guessing they can only use their powers if their existence is threatened. Though that would be quite hard seeing as no one really knows whereabouts they are......
    Or perhaps in extremely special circumstances. Quite what one of those would be I haven't a clue

Exactly. There is no purpose on having those powers unless they can be used. And with all that power, wouldn't you want to use it? I know I would

If you've been given something you're expected to use it. OK, bad example but if you're given a computer you're at least expected to turn it on! (veyr bad example)

I guess it's a little late to find the answer now, unless it gets explained further in Atlantis. That seems more likely

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast