This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nature of ancients

ancients look like humans but are they normal homo sapiens with super-advanced technology or a seperate species with powers? why the wraith in defiant one mistoke sheppard for an atlantean. The aurora crew displayed no powers

The Ancients are just regular 'homo sapiens' their powers come with acension.

Comment

They gain powers on the path to ascension. An example would be the people in
      Spoiler:
      SGA season 2 episode "epiphany", the people in the cloister weren't ancients but gained powers like healing and telepathy while on the path to ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by tauriprivatesoldier
        ancients look like humans but are they normal homo sapiens with super-advanced technology or a seperate species with powers? why the wraith in defiant one mistoke sheppard for an atlantean. The aurora crew displayed no powers
        We are the second generation of the human species, so therefore, the ancients are also the same species as us (presuming we could freely interbreed to produce fertile offspring with them [scientific definition of a species]). The ancients however, are further on the evolutionary path, which ultimately leads to ascension.
        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

why the wraith in defiant one mistoke sheppard for an atlantean.
          Well he looks like one and has the ancient gene
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

What about ayiana in frozen? Survived 10000 years in frozen ice and has healinh powers? Ice and the stasis pods in aurora have different effects. Ice just freezes the body, kills it too but the stasis pods can't preserve aurora crew? For ancients to interbreed with us, their dna has to be the same but the genetic machine used by nirriti and anubis on khalek changes the dna. did ancients use machine on themselves to evolve themselves?

Comment

What do u mean by he looks like one???

Comment

What do u mean by he looks like one???
                John looks like an ancient, as do all humans
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

What about ayiana in frozen? Survived 10000 years in frozen ice and has healinh powers? Ice and the stasis pods in aurora have different effects. Ice just freezes the body, kills it too but the stasis pods can't preserve aurora crew? For ancients to interbreed with us, their dna has to be the same but the genetic machine used by nirriti and anubis on khalek changes the dna. did ancients use machine on themselves to evolve themselves?
                  I'm not sure what you're asking with the rest of that post, but Ayiana had healing powers because she was on the path to ascension. The Ancients are technically homo sapiens, just more intellectually evolved. That's how they get their cool powers. They didn't use a machine or whatever. I don't know what the rest of what you're saying is.
                  why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by Snork
                    I'm not sure what you're asking with the rest of that post, but Ayiana had healing powers because she was on the path to ascension. The Ancients are technically homo sapiens, just more intellectually evolved. That's how they get their cool powers. They didn't use a machine or whatever. I don't know what the rest of what you're saying is.
                    I think he means why Ayianna survived for so long without stasis yet the Aurora crew aged to a near death like state. Its possible that the Wraith on board sabotaged the systems since he didnt need their bodies in a good state, just their minds.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The Ancients seem to be the same as human's mostly but they aged at a better rate than us, have self healing abilities & learnt how to evolve in to ascended beings.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

I think only those who are on the path to ascension have the powers. Some have a few, others have many.

Khalek and Priors are good examples of hyper-evolved humans.

As for the Aurora crew... they can't display their powers as they're in a holographic environment. It's like being in a reverse of a dream
                        In your dream you have powers, in real life you don't. But in real life the Ancients have powers, but while in that hologram world which is like a dream.. I guess.. they're supernatural powers are not manifested by the computers.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The thing that has to be remembered is that the Ancients are human, through and through. They just arrived before us, by about 50,000,000 years.

The special abilities that we've seen some Ancients have are due to evolutionary advancement and having more brainpower. In Stargate, the "path to ascention" is defined by total active brainpower. Tau'ri only use between 5-10% of our brains, while the Ancients were around 60-70% (my guess). Those powers don't appear until 80-90%.

Hence, the Lantians in the Pegasus Galaxy didn't have those healing abilities, telekenisis, telepathy, etc. because they weren't "brain-active" enough for it. The Alterans that were left behind in the Milky Way eventually put themselves through those nifty genetics machines that we saw Nirti and Khalek use, which pushed the Milky Way Ancients to 80-90% "brain-active" and caused the development of those powers listed above.

That's why Aiyana could survive millions of years frozen in ice and still live for a short time, while the Aurora crew (and Weir in Before I Sleep) only had those nifty stasis pods to try and preserve their lives.

That's also how the Priors, who are regular humans that had been put through an Ori version of the genetics machine, have their powers as well. Artificially advanced humans that are near where the Alterrans were at the time the plague wiped them out.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                            I think only those who are on the path to ascension have the powers. Some have a few, others have many.

Khalek and Priors are good examples of hyper-evolved humans.

As for the Aurora crew... they can't display their powers as they're in a holographic environment. It's like being in a reverse of a dream
                            In your dream you have powers, in real life you don't. But in real life the Ancients have powers, but while in that hologram world which is like a dream.. I guess.. they're supernatural powers are not manifested by the computers.
                            I doubt that! Maybe in a few thousand years their supernatural powers started to emerge(After the war). Overall they look and act like normal humans.

Comment

I don't think the Ancients needed a genetic machine to develop their powers. As has been discussed earlier, in Sanctuary
                              Spoiler:
                              the people there developed their powers through evolution and meditation. I think the Ancients were the same, evolving so much that they could express several powers. No machine was necessary, although of course the shortcut does exist.
                              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                              X