This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon on Dakara - Massive Spoiler

With the Ori being in the MW galaxy, the Jaffa seems to be going after some massive weapons to go against the ori.

check this post out:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...rikespoi.shtml

Spoiler:
    New weapon on Dakara, could it be the same weapon that was used to wipe out the replicators, or some sort of weapon similar to the disruptor technology?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I'm not sure.
    Why would the Ancients put two superweapons on the same planet? Wouldn't this weapon need to be very close to the Stargate?

However:
    How is it that a weapon can kill Humans and not Jaffa, I mean they are ALMOST the same. Jaffa are genecticly altered humans. The spoilers says they targetted a human-populated world, but what about Dakara? Are they suddenly able to direct the Dakara weapon to just go through the Gate, or are they able to differentiate between human molecules and Jaffa molecules. I'm pretty sure both are mostly water

Comment

Thats true.

I'm not really sure actually, the ancients did leave alot of nice tech hidden around in the MW, it could have been moved there to Dakara, since the Dakara is the capital planet of the MW galaxy for the Jaffa.

Spoiler:

From those spoilers on the gateworld site, I seriously doubt that ship came from orbit, because in the spoiler, they said that the Odyssey was in orbit watching over SG1, but they also said that SG1 was in the crowd. Another part of the spoiler said that Mitchell and Teal'c was aboard an Ori ship while Daniel and Vala was captured by Adria.

The only possible way I can see them wiping out their followers is by shooting some sort of weapon through the gate. Maybe it can be some sort of weapon that we saw in 6x01/02, you know the weapon used to destroy stargates?

Maybe the followers were near the gate and the gate blew up killing everyone?

The Ancients are a smart bunch, they wouldn't be using missiles, or probably not use drone weapons (for this magnitude of destruction).

What do you think it could be?

Comment

I feel that even though the Jaffa council said they destroyed the Dakara weapon, they kept it hidden instead so that they might use it one day.
        Spoiler:
        The part about Landry's disagreement was that they tested it on a human populated world rather than a jaffa populated world. I'm sure it would have destroyed Jaffa as well.

Comment

From what I saw from the spoilers, I assumed it was the Dakara weapon, just directed into a beam, rather than into a "blast-wave" thing. The Alterans were a smart bunch & the Dakara weapon probably can be programmed to do anything destrucive or constrcutive. Such as:

-Destroy Everything in it's radius (the Milky way)
          -Destroy only certain things in it's radius (the Milky way)
          -Destroy Everthing in "that" direction.
          -Destroy only certain things in "that" direction.
          -Reseed certain (the life that you told it to reseed, such as the Alterans told it to reseed human life) life in it's radius (the Milkyway)

There are probably many more things like that it can do, but we've not figured out how or what or why yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
            From what I saw from the spoilers, I assumed it was the Dakara weapon, just directed into a beam, rather than into a "blast-wave" thing. The Alterans were a smart bunch & the Dakara weapon probably can be programmed to do anything destrucive or constrcutive. Such as:

-Destroy Everything in it's radius (the Milky way)
            -Destroy only certain things in it's radius (the Milky way)
            -Destroy Everthing in "that" direction.
            -Destroy only certain things in "that" direction.
            -Reseed certain (the life that you told it to reseed, such as the Alterans told it to reseed human life) life in it's radius (the Milkyway)

There are probably many more things like that it can do, but we've not figured out how or what or why yet.
            Thats a very good point. Even with Anubis out of the way at the end of season 8, i'm sure that the Jaffa thought that any other army from other goa'ulds they can repel. The only reason why they couldn't take out the Anubis army was because Anubis was WAY WAY more powerful than the other goa'ulds.
            Spoiler:

It could be that if
            A) They destroyed the weapon, they took the designs of it and made something similar to the original (This contridicts the "Ancient" weapon that was said in the spoiler.)

B) They kept the weapon, and as you said, they learned more from it.

This should be interesting.

Comment

Indeed sounds quite interesting.

Spoiler:
              It makes mention of the fact that the Jaffa is using a weapon that was expressly said not to be used with their agreement with Earth. Now the only agreement that was ever made between the Jaffa Nation and Earth is the Dakaran super weapon. Or as you said that they managed to learn enough about it to make a 'smaller' version'.

Its possible that the majority of the Jaffa decided to destroy it but a minority saved the weapon. But one thing is for certain though is if the Ori arnt attacking Dakara, they will certainly do so after this Jaffa attack.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                Indeed sounds quite interesting.

Spoiler:
                It makes mention of the fact that the Jaffa is using a weapon that was expressly said not to be used with their agreement with Earth. Now the only agreement that was ever made between the Jaffa Nation and Earth is the Dakaran super weapon. Or as you said that they managed to learn enough about it to make a 'smaller' version'.

Its possible that the majority of the Jaffa decided to destroy it but a minority saved the weapon. But one thing is for certain though is if the Ori arnt attacking Dakara, they will certainly do so after this Jaffa attack.
                This could eventually split the whole "Free Jaffa Nation" into 2 parts. I'm not sure who is the new leader, it could be Bra'tac. But i'm sure that if he was the leader, he would have informed Earth and let them know what was going on.

But lets speculate that its not the super weapon found on Dakara, it could be something else entirely? Maybe the Gate Destroyer that we encountered? is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                  This could eventually split the whole "Free Jaffa Nation" into 2 parts. I'm not sure who is the new leader, it could be Bra'tac. But i'm sure that if he was the leader, he would have informed Earth and let them know what was going on.

But lets speculate that its not the super weapon found on Dakara, it could be something else entirely? Maybe the Gate Destroyer that we encountered? is that possible?
                  I think from the spoilers that its related to the Dakaran weapon because of the reference to Dakara and the 'Agreement' not to use such a weapon unless thats stated in the episode.

Its possible its the Gate Destroyer since no mention is made of the planets status. Remember that its said that all the villagers are killed. So unless they are all clustered in one location it might be difficult for the Gate Destroyer to wipe out the population of a planet though it is possible.

As for the Jaffa camps....i think the Jaffa havent really united since the defeat of the Goa'uld. If anything I would say they are even more fractured then any other race including the Goa'uld. So I always saw many 'camps' within the Jaffa ranks. The militaristic who want to have what the Goa'uld had, the peaceful ones who want democracy, the Goa'uld Worshippers who want their old masters back and the Ori Believers who want to worship the Ori. So not surprising there though I hope they do address whats the status of the Jaffas attempt at Democracy as it might mean Bra'tac might not necessarily be the leader. Not that it really matters as during an invasion the last thing people are worried about which 'political party' gets the votes

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

A new weapon on dakara, that sounds pretty cool.... Hopefully its some sort WAD (weapon of astronomical destruction )

Hmmm, maybe a way to destroy the ori ships?
                    Last edited by Eoin; 01 April 2006, 06:05 AM.
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

im willing to bet its the same old weapon on dakara and simply the jaffa just didnt destory it.
                      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Personally I think its the same over the top super weapon because lets face it the Deus Ex ending to Reckoning was the worst part of some fantastic episodes.
                        This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

looks like they didn't destroy it afterall

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            I'm not sure.
                            Why would the Ancients put two superweapons on the same planet? Wouldn't this weapon need to be very close to the Stargate?

However:
                            How is it that a weapon can kill Humans and not Jaffa, I mean they are ALMOST the same. Jaffa are genecticly altered humans. The spoilers says they targetted a human-populated world, but what about Dakara? Are they suddenly able to direct the Dakara weapon to just go through the Gate, or are they able to differentiate between human molecules and Jaffa molecules. I'm pretty sure both are mostly water

they're different enough to not be affected.

aren't monkeys (or whatever) 99.7% or something the same as us? same to jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              looks like they didn't destroy it afterall
                              That sure seems to be the case to me. Those damn tricky Jaffa.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X