No announcement yet.

Prophecy (621)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a good episode and maybe the best Jonas episode of the series.

The SGC scene when they were under attack was pretty cool .

Rating: 7 / 10
    Last edited by balo; 02 June 2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by balo View Post
      The SGC scene when they were under attack was pretty cool .
      To put it mildly! Walter dead. Airmen dead. Hammond blown up... It's like "There but for the Grace of God" all over again!
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Poor Jonas, still feeling he has to prove himself.

I really liked the guy.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Great episode. The visions of the attack on the SGC and the ambush at the gate were very dramatic and well done, and Lord Mot made a pretty good villain, shame he only lasted the one episode really.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
            Lord Mot made a pretty good villain, shame he only lasted the one episode really.
            And shame that he didn't die on screen.
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Watching the mini marathon on scifi right now, and this episode is currently on.

I liked this story. Season 6 seems to have a darker edge to it then the other SG-1 seasons.

The part where Jonas had his vision with the destruction of SGC was the coolest part.

Comment

I like this eppy for Jonas and I am sad he has to go soon.
                sigpic

Comment

Loved this ep, and at least Jonas didn't die...
                  sigpic

Comment

This was a really great episode, and I absolutely love Jonas, is future departure is so sad...
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I don't understand what intervened to prevent the Jaffa from killing the SG teams and getting the bomb.
                      Did Mott have anything to do with it such that his death prevented the Jaffa from completing their mission??

Furthermore, he criticized his underling for sounding the alarm and said that he arranged for them to be free......but then it was the girl who freed them and who then killed Mott. What did I miss here?
                      Last edited by Dave2; 19 December 2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                        I don't understand what intervened to prevent the Jaffa from killing the SG teams and getting the bomb.
                        Did Mott have anything to do with it such that his death prevented the Jaffa from completing their mission??

Furthermore, he criticized his underling for sounding the alarm and said that he arranged for them to be free......but then it was the girl who freed them and who then killed Mott. What did I miss here?
                        haha, you got confused. Ok, the ambush was set by Ma'at and he allowed the servant girl to free SG-1, then Jonas has his premonition and Hammond sends the warning. Ma'at's slave boy heard the radio. The slave man said to check on the prisoners and then sounded the alarm. The alarm/horn alerted SG-1 to the coming Jaffa and allowed them to counteract the ambush. Hope that makes sense lol. Go Jonas!
                        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I stuck a VHS into the Halls of Res machine...

1. The laugh is, by the time this ep aired in the UK, we already knew that Jonas was being written out of S7!

2. Rewatching, the biggest thing was remembering how all the premonitions played out.

3. Again, the guy was still trying desperately to fit in.

4. Still, the way the final ambush was averted was a bit nuts.

Decen enough ep.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Thought it was going to be terrible, but it was still average. With some entertaining moments.

I think this might be the last time we actually see the original GDOs on screen (we'll see a more compact version on Atlantis). I always wonder (present tense) what happened to them.

Also, this might be the only time the Goa'uld come through the Gate to attack Earth/SGC (during the normal timeline (not alternate timeline, like past episodes), even if it was changed by Jonas).

Tomorrow, the final episode of the part of our journey through the 6th Season. It is my favorite episode of SG-1 and the franchise as a whole.
                            sigpic

Comment

Another episode I enjoyed watching again, not having seen it for a long time.

At this point I felt it was quite sad that Jonas was being written out, he really did find his feet in the end, even though he doubted his true value still. I'd come to like the personable character by this time.

I love anything to do with prophecies and how they can be interpreted to suit whatever the situation or state of mind warrants. A fun look at what problems actually knowing what will happen and trying to change events can cause, the outcome is not always the desired one! An entertaining episode for this and it was fun to watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                                Tomorrow, the final episode of the part of our journey through the 6th Season. It is my favorite episode of SG-1 and the franchise as a whole.
                                Really, I'd never have guessed...

My LiveJournal post
                                Great stuff, this ep. Poor Jonas, he so wants to help...
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X