No announcement yet.

Prophecy (621)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not dead cert where you get tha theory from Shadow. Yes, there was never the connection between Jack and Jonas that there was between Jack and Daniel but Jack's never come accross as the type who puts people he can 'tolerate at best' on his team in the first place.

Jack and San certainly saw him as more of a kid than Daniel but I don't think Jack ever had a real problem with him from Descent onwards.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not a theory, that's just how I "saw" the ep. Jack may not show affection much, but he does tend to tease them and other than the bit in Descent and possibly some stuff in Full Circle, I didn't see much teasing-type stuff. Even in Prophecy he seemed... preoccupied when he visited Jonas. But I'll be the first to admit I'm heavily biased. And I also think that RDA has been acting cranky and distracted in general since the end of season 5. *shrug* Just my interpretation.

Comment

One of Jonas' best. I like how he figured that Nirriti was the cause. Her last legacy before she passed on.

Comment

I like this ep. It showcased both Jonas and Corin quite well. My only quip is that the whole Jonas-is-different-somehow thing seemed to have a lot of build-up without much explanation. (shrug) still like it though.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

That's because TPTB suck. Nah, not quite, but they're notoriously bad at follow-through and since for whatever reason they decided to wipe his existence out of the show, it makes it a bit hard to finish his story.

And after events in Moebius, there's a chance Jonas never existed... Not as part of the team, anyway. Or maybe not as a surviving member...

Comment

HUH? Okay, first of all what's TPTB??? (Forgive me, I'm new and haven't finished reading the FAQ page yet). Second, what do you mean by this:

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              And after events in Moebius, there's a chance Jonas never existed... Not as part of the team, anyway. Or maybe not as a surviving member...
              I'm from the US and haven't seen Moebius yet! You mean Jonas never joined SG-1 because of something in Moebius?!?!?!?!?! WHAT????

*Spiderqueen, it's time to go to your happy place...*
              Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
              In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

TPTB- The Powers That Be, the writers/producers of the show.

Moebius does hinky things with time and with the deep and unabiding suspicion I have of TPTB- particularly in regards to Jonas- I wouldn't put it past them to try and sneak this idea through under the guise of something else.

Comment

See? See? That's why you never, ever mess with time unless it's vital. Like in prophecy; Stargate Command would have been doomed if Jonas hadn't warned everyone what was going to happen. SG-1 better have had a good excuse!

And you're probably right; TPTB would love the opprotunity to fiddle with this for a while. Perhaps we should ask Joe Mallozzi if this is going to happen (like he'll answer that, lol).

Comment

I asked. Although I caged it in such a vague way he'll probably give us a vague answer that won't tell us anything. But at least I tried.

Comment

I read your post. It's actually pretty good for vauge so I'm sure Mr. Mallozzi will answer in a not-so-vauge way. We can only cross our fingers and hope!

Comment

I thought this was a cool ep! Mut was funny( and yes I'm misspelling his name with the intent to make fun of him).

But if they cut out Janas's tumor, what's stopping it from growing back? It sounds like Nirrti put it into his genetic make-up.
                        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

At the end of the episode, Dr. Janet tells everyone that she "got the whole thing out" so I'm guessing that she and Dr. Sandy Van Densen were able to remove everything, including the tissue where it had begun to form. I don't think it will come back because it was directly linked to the gene splitting machine. When Nirti placed Jonas inside, it somehow gave him the tumor. So I believe, and I hope I'm right, that the only way the tumor would come back is if some other person snatched Jonas up and thrusted him in again.

Comment

One thing I liked about this was the way that the visions never appeared to Jonas in context. All he saw was an outcome - not the events that led to it. As a result, what seems like an incredible gift (tumour notwithstanding) turns out to be a massive double-edged sword. Instead of saving Sam from injury, his intervention leads to the very set of circumstances he was trying to prevent. Had she gone off-world as planned, she would never have been involved in the accident.

Naturally, this puts Jonas in one heck of a quandary when he gets that vision of the off-world team being wiped out at the gate. What should he do? The last time he intervened, he caused the event he had witnessed - will that happen again? But, if he doesn't step in, and the events he witnessed come to pass - he has to live with that for the rest of his life. With only an outcome to judge by, not the contributing events, he's not got the first idea whether what he saw was the consequence of intervention or silence. All he knows is that they died.

On a completely separate note, when I first came to Wales, my primary school teacher started teaching me Welsh using the 'Cymraeg i Blant' reader series. It revolved around the life of a brother and sister and their dog. The dog's name was 'Mot', which (correct me if I'm wrong) is short for 'smotyn' or 'spot'.
                            sigpic

Comment

i like how the ep was focuse don Jonas being a member of SG-1 and trying to earn his place in O'neills eyes

Comment

Awsome...fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X