No announcement yet.

Prophecy (621)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only watched this episode once before, now I know why. One of my least favourite episodes - just never appealed to me.

Knowing Janet's history, I don't think she would have allowed Jonas' condition to go on as long as it did - even if he didn't want it.
    Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Not good but not bad either. The concept of Jonas having precognition is interesting and something Stargate has never explored before. So it was interesting to Stargate's twist on this science fiction classic. But the whole Lord Mot and his clash with SG1 was yawning to me. It was nothing special and ground breaking in seeing them kill Mot. I was more interested in Jonas especially the part about him still having to prove himself. That part between him and Fraiser was very eye opening. Something that annoyed me is when the SGC was being attacked in the "Jonas vision" why did not any of the technicians think of closing the iris instead of waiting for Hammond. Of course he will want the iris closed.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

An interesting ep. But not one I would revisit.

Sad to see Jonas still thought he had to prove himself even at this point.

Time to watch one of my all time favourite eps.
        sigpic

Comment

This ep shows that the writers thought it to be the last season. It was average, but interesting too.

Comment

I love Jonas so much, and I will miss him come season 7...

Anyhow, I really enjoy this episode so much. Jonas still doubting if he really is one of the team and trying to proof himself worthy, almost getting himself killed in the process.

It's an interesting idea being able to predict the future but as we all know too many variables to take into account. However, doesn't mean we can't influence the outcome or the way things go.

It gets tight at the end when Jonas knows what's going to happen and he can't say it anymore... the first time round I was like "Oh ****, this is not happening". Of course, second time viewing (or many more to be precise) I did know what was going to happen and how, but I was still on the edge of my proverbial seat.

Fun thing spotted: when Teal'c shoots that one Jaffa that's standing on the little wall, the wall moves back and forth when the stunt guy falls backwards.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Does anyone in the UK remember when this episode was first shown on Channel 4 in the UK? I'm thinking around 2003 / 2004 time.
              sigpic

Comment

According to the Wiki page its first airing on Sky One was on February 19 2003, so Channel 4 would probably be the same year (if not around the same time).

Comment

Thank you. That's the sort of time I had in mind. It's the first episode I saw and probably helped with my love of Fraiser as my favourite character (along with Hammond, of course).
                  sigpic

Comment

A good episode but I wish that they'd had the time to make the effect of the visions a little more complex.

However, it was good for a 40 minute story and the little twist in the effect of the final vision was great in being the catalyst to prevent it coming through.

And I love that like the writers again showed the natives as taking charge of their own destiny - the girl freeing the soldiers and executing the Go'auld herself. I would have like it if they'd shown her turn the gun on the traitor with the implication that she killed him too.

Comment

An OK episode for me...

Comment

Little bit fortune telling, a great many bad guys and a cute Jonas Quinn, who is doing a great job trying not to replace Dr Jackson but to present an interesting character.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

I think that this is the great episode for Jonas and it belongs to my favourite episodes in the whole series. Jonas had such a great potential as a character and I was really sorry that he was gone so shortly after this episode

I especially like the visions of Jonas as seemed to be quite powerful (the vision with the attack at SGC the best, poor soldiers there they managed to stop Jaffa but too late unfortunately) and his desperate effort to help at the cost of his own life.

I like one specific point in the vision of the ambush by the Gate and it is that Teal'c died when he was trying to save the member of different SG team (major Pierce). Not only because I like the character of Pierce (he was great, I would wish to see him more in later seasons as least the same amount of episodes as Reynolds) but I do not remember a different scene when SG1 member would be injured or killed when he tried to save a member of different team. All these guys on SG teams are important after all.
                          Last edited by Manche; 15 June 2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

For me, personally, this is the best episode of season 6 and the best one for Jonas Quinn. I love that character so much and it really saddens me that he won't be around come season 7 but it is what it is, I guess.

In any case, another episode which starts with Nirrti's history of wanting to create and advanced human, and it shows us how far she might have gotten were she still alive. I think she would have been pleased with Jonas' ability to see the future, even if it was sketchy at best and perhaps only one of many possibilities.

The idea of predicting the future exactly as it will happen is a fascinating one, though so many possible outcomes one would just get a headache just thinking about it.

Also, spotten this fun fact again...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Fun thing spotted: when Teal'c shoots that one Jaffa that's standing on the little wall, the wall moves back and forth when the stunt guy falls backwards.
                            And I'd also like to second the below...

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                            All these guys on SG teams are important after all.
                            Prophecy showcases the brave men and women of the SGC quite nicely.

How would you rate SG-1's "Prophecy?"

Excellent
                            Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible

*************EDIT*************

3-episode quiz: The Changeling, Memento & Prophecy

Jigsaw puzzle: Prophecy
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 22 December 2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Even when different SG teams never were central focus of the series, we could see all these years that are no less competent than SG-1, yes, they were killed many times, but never was shown that it would be for not being good enough, they only had bad luck. Only two SG teams members who were not competent were these two members of SG-9 from The First Commandment (Hanson and Baker) who proclaimed themselves as Gods.

I agree that this episode shows the heroismus of SGC personal nicely.

I noticed one possible mistake in one of Jonas¨s visions - when he had the vision of burned Sam, should not be Siler seen in this vision as he was present there when it really happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Manche View Post
                                I noticed one possible mistake in one of Jonas¨s visions - when he had the vision of burned Sam, should not be Siler seen in this vision as he was present there when it really happened?
                                I don't think it was a mistake since he didn't see the whole vision. He only saw a piece of it so when he assumed she got hurt off-world, it was because he didn't have the information about Siler being there too. If he had seen Siler as well, he would have known it would happen at the base so he would never have stopped her from going. He would have known the reason of her injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X