Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Prophecy (621)

Default Re: Prophecy (621)

This episode was pretty cool. I liked how Jonas, after all this time, still found it necessary to prove his worth to the team, especially Jack. Corin Nemec did an excellent job in this ep and it was exciting waiting to see if Jonas' visions were going to prevent certain events from happening or not. The vision where the goa'uld were destroying the SGC was really well done and Dr Frasier was also awesome.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Two_L's View Post
    This episode was pretty cool. I liked how Jonas, after all this time, still found it necessary to prove his worth to the team, especially Jack. Corin Nemec did an excellent job in this ep and it was exciting waiting to see if Jonas' visions were going to prevent certain events from happening or not. The vision where the goa'uld were destroying the SGC was really well done and Dr Frasier was also awesome.
    Jonas really showed how far he was willing to go to be a useful member of SG-1! One of my favourite Jonas episodes of the season!

I was rewatching this on Skiffy today, and something occured to me...

In Jonas' vision, the Jaffa's staff blasts smashed right through the control room's windows. But in several episodes, both previous and later, we see that that window is very resistant to staff blast fire, and never breaks under it. So why did it get shattered this time?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Major General

plot hole for dramatic effect? Maybe it was because it was under heavy fire and all the times before it was only hit by one blast?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    plot hole for dramatic effect? Maybe it was because it was under heavy fire and all the times before it was only hit by one blast?
    I'm gonna have to go with plothole here. A Jaffa came through and fired a single blast into the window, and it shattered.

See, here's a shot of the window taking direct fire in "Zero Hour", and it holds up fine. I tried to get the shot of it staying whole in "Chain Reaction", too, but stargatecaps.com didn't have one:

Spoiler:
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

First off I would like to say that I like this episode.
    Last night my little sister was watching it for the first time and she was able to figure out parts of the episode before they were fleshed out because she has watched episodes of "That's So Raven". At the beginning she figured out that Jonas was seeing visions of the future because he had the same sort of expression on his face that Raven does. Also she was able to predict that after Jonas warned Sam about going off world that it would occur anyway because that is what happens on "That's So Raven."

Major General

The old 'I'm having a vision of impending doom' look! Everyone who has visions on TV or in films has the same expression!

Either that or the Stargate writers are Raven fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    The old 'I'm having a vision of impending doom' look! Everyone who has visions on TV or in films has the same expression!

Either that or the Stargate writers are Raven fans!
    it ties into the plot well though, considering the device with nirrti because he was on it for so long and she would of done something to him in that time. the thing that bugs me more is that a staff blast goes through the window and kills walter and injures hammond, which in other episodes never happens when a staff blast has hit the window.

It's nice to see Jack finally warmed up with Jonas, sadly it is near to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SGSlugger View Post
    I enjoyed this episode. Nice take on precognition.
    indeed it was.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

It was a good episode and maybe the best Jonas episode of the series.

The SGC scene when they were under attack was pretty cool .

Rating: 7 / 10
    Last edited by balo; June 2nd, 2009 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by balo View Post
    The SGC scene when they were under attack was pretty cool .
    To put it mildly! Walter dead. Airmen dead. Hammond blown up... It's like "There but for the Grace of God" all over again!

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Poor Jonas, still feeling he has to prove himself.

I really liked the guy.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Great episode. The visions of the attack on the SGC and the ambush at the gate were very dramatic and well done, and Lord Mot made a pretty good villain, shame he only lasted the one episode really.

Quote Originally Posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
    Lord Mot made a pretty good villain, shame he only lasted the one episode really.
    And shame that he didn't die on screen.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Watching the mini marathon on scifi right now, and this episode is currently on.

I liked this story. Season 6 seems to have a darker edge to it then the other SG-1 seasons.

The part where Jonas had his vision with the destruction of SGC was the coolest part.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

I like this eppy for Jonas and I am sad he has to go soon.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Loved this ep, and at least Jonas didn't die...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

This was a really great episode, and I absolutely love Jonas, is future departure is so sad...

First Lieutenant

I don't understand what intervened to prevent the Jaffa from killing the SG teams and getting the bomb.
    Did Mott have anything to do with it such that his death prevented the Jaffa from completing their mission??

Furthermore, he criticized his underling for sounding the alarm and said that he arranged for them to be free......but then it was the girl who freed them and who then killed Mott. What did I miss here?
    Last edited by Dave2; December 19th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast