Path of Revelation, Part Two (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    Shouldn't Earth have been able to use the ancient outpost? We learn in the Atlantis ep Seige II that the mark 2 naquadah generator can power the chair (albeit only for a short time) and the chair still has drones.

Just a thought!
    It might still have drones now. But who's to say it still has drones in seven years?
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I think the idea was to fight the Enoly before they got to Earth. A space battle is preferable to ships fighting over major cities.

Ok, maybe not how it was intended, but space battles are cooler

Comment

Hmmm.

I found myself wishing that Sivok would turn up to liven things up a little while reading this episode.

Tom's Nebulan connection was tossed to the sidelines and not followed up, which was pretty disappointing considering it was barely hinted at. From the set up in the last episode it would have made more sense for what happened to Christine to have happened to him.

The Sentinels return is perhaps the strongest positive point for this episode. During season one they were generally built up to be the ultimate enemy, but them were defeated rather simply and outdone by the Enoly. Nice to see their return, and hopefully in a stronger form that they've been around previously.

With all the revelations I get the feeling that the Nebulans and the Sentinels are not only simmilar but they are the SAME race, and that perhaps Grant is a pawn in their BIG plan. Otherwise It's looking like the Nebulans are a bit too similar to the Ancients in many ways, especially as they were portrayed early in SG-1 with Oma for instance.

Christine dying felt kind of empty, there was the strong feeling that she wouldn't actually be killed off properly, and if she had really dead it would have been a really pointless death. A technical point regarding that is that defibrillators are never ever used when someone is flatlining. It's a really common mistake in film/tv purely because it looks very dramatic.

The three parter here in general is too vague and drawn out, a lot of scenes felt unnecessary and it feels like the same story could have been told in one, maybe two episodes rather than three.

The new organisation seems a rather weak way to go, with so many secret organisations getting tangled up things could easily become a complex mess.

The most disappointing of the multi-part stories so far IMO. Too many questions and not enough definitive answers. The ending was a cliché deus ex machina ending.

There are interesting places to go though, with the Sentinels back, Tom's Nebulan connection, Grant's "Destiny", yet another secret organisation, the general public turning against the ISGC and the vanishing of the Enoly ships gives plenty of scope for development. I really hope that those developments aren't as vague, or as slowly revealed.
        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
          I definatly thought this episode was an improvment from part I. That said, I will start with my complaints. I didn't find Chase and Sieva being kidnapped that important. Its not like they did anything being captured this time like the Enloy three parter.?* Speaking of the Enloy, are they dead or just someone else. Saying there is no debris just leads me to believe they were?* transport to a different dimension or place in space. I hope they are still around becuase I liked Dreug as a villianI have begged and begged for some development for Christine and have got it. The past three episodes have shown a lot about her and her family. It obvious that Kevin and Christine don't agree on a lot of issues. I pray that Connelly doesn't become president.?* Back to Christine, I was pleased to see that she was able to see her halluciantion was really from. The Sentinels are still out there trying to make it back to our dimension. I wonder if they will ever get their power. Its always up to Grant to save the day. I have no idea what that Neublan weapon was, but it looked cool. I wonder is it a new defense system like the Antartic weapon. This episode resolved a lot of the intermediate questions but still leaves many unaswered questions. I give it a 4/5
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Speaking of the Enloy, are they dead or just someone else. Saying there is no debris just leads me to believe they were?* transport to a different dimension or place in space.
            This is a question that will be answered at a later point in the series.

Always great to see your reviews, jelgate. I'm glad you're enjoying the series, and look forward to see what you think of the episodes to come.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
              This is a question that will be answered at a later point in the series. Always great to see your reviews, jelgate. I'm glad you're enjoying the series, and look forward to see what you think of the episodes to come.
              I aim to please. To be fair it doesn't take much to please me. I am very pro when it comes to SG-1/Atlantis.?* I try to do an episod a day. Unfortunatly I'm going to have to take?* next Sunday-Wednesday off. Curse you college finals. But I'll be back on Thursday when I start my month long break.?* I know you guys will take a hitaus break sone. My goal is to be caught up by the time that break is over
              Last edited by jelgate; 04 December 2007, 08:32 PM.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I try to do an episod a day. Unfortunatly I'm going to have to take next Sunday-Wednesday off. Curse you college finals. But I'll be back on Thursday when I start my month long break. I know you guys will take a hitaus break sone. My goal is to be caught up by the time that break is over
                No need to go too fast, otherwise you'll go from reading 10 episodes a week to 1 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
                  No need to go too fast, otherwise you'll go from reading 10 episodes a week to 1 a week.
                  At the most I read 7 a week. Most weeks I only get in five. I just want to be involved in the disscusions when new episoded are released
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                  X