Clear All

Path of Revelation, Part Two (213)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Path of Revelation, Part Two"

"Path of Revelation, Part Two"
    Ep: 2.13
    Release Date: March 30th 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

With time running out, Grant realizes that the Ancient chamber in Malasyia might not really be what it appears to be. And as Christine discovers a dark secret hidden in the writings, the real extent of the threat Earth is facing becomes apparent.
    Outstanding
    14.29%
    Good
    71.43%
    Fair
    14.29%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The episode will be released in less than 24 hours. The thread is now open for discussion.

I won't be able to open the thread at the exact time the episode will be released, which will probably be closer to 4pm EST again this time around. So I figured better open the thread early than too late.

Comment

Nevermind. *See Alex's post for link to ep*
      Last edited by SierraGulf1; 30 March 2006, 05:53 PM.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I wouldn't worry about whether you should be doing it or not, the link doesn't work.
        Rocky

Comment

Hmmmm, that's odd. I can see it just fine, even after logging out of the Yahoo group. Perhaps it has to be hosted on a site somewhere, hopefully Alex/Sam come along and notice this.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Wow...I got through that one fast. I liked it, but I don't think it was the best ending ever--very much a deus ex machina. Also, there were some pretty noticable (and annoying) spelling errors.
            Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 30 March 2006, 08:30 PM.
            Rocky

Comment

I hope Senator Connely will not be pResident.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Please tell me someone kills Connely!
                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Very good episode.
                  Spoiler:
                  Nice fake out with Christine almost dying. A lot of unanswered questions were left. What is the final count on civilian fatalities due to the mass panic the Enoly attack caused? What will the future hold for the ISGC? What will the ramifications be of Christine's near death experience? Will we learn more about Tom's experience with the Nebulans? Who was the spy at the Malasian outpost that Edmunds was waiting to hear from? Where (or when) is the Enoly fleet now? Will we be seeing Dureg and Edmunds again? Are there any advanced ships to still be found? What else does that jewel that Grant's father gave him do? What is humanities true destiny that the Nebulan alluded to?

I guess that a lot of unanswered questions mean a lot more great episodes to come to explore them. I think Season 2 is shaping up to be the best yet. No sophmore slump here. Keep up the great work. As always, I can't wait for the next episode!
                  Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                    Wow...I got through that one fast. I liked it, but I don't think it was the best ending ever--very much a deus ex machina. Also, there were some pretty noticable (and annoying) spelling errors.
                    The ending went through a few developments actually; that wasn't working for the longest time.

However, I have to say it's actually not a deus ex machina. I know Joe Mallozzi said this some time ago about another episode, and it's true. A deus ex machina would be resolving the story in a way where the main protagonist doesn't have any influence on how it's ultimately resolved, meaning it's nothing that Grant or anyone else really had any influence on. In this case everything since "The Devil To Pay" has been leading up right toward this. This alone was the reason for the Nebulan Woman to even talk to Grant in "The Devil To Pay".

So it comes unexpected, but not a deus ex machina.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                      I hope Senator Connely will not be pResident.
                      Hmm. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                        Please tell me someone kills Connely!
                        He has secret service watching out for him. So...
                        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 31 March 2006, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus72
                          Very good episode.
                          Spoiler:
                          Nice fake out with Christine almost dying. A lot of unanswered questions were left. What is the final count on civilian fatalities due to the mass panic the Enoly attack caused? What will the future hold for the ISGC? What will the ramifications be of Christine's near death experience? Will we learn more about Tom's experience with the Nebulans? Who was the spy at the Malasian outpost that Edmunds was waiting to hear from? Where (or when) is the Enoly fleet now? Will we be seeing Dureg and Edmunds again? Are there any advanced ships to still be found? What else does that jewel that Grant's father gave him do? What is humanities true destiny that the Nebulan alluded to?

I guess that a lot of unanswered questions mean a lot more great episodes to come to explore them. I think Season 2 is shaping up to be the best yet. No sophmore slump here. Keep up the great work. As always, I can't wait for the next episode!
                          A whole lot of those unanswered questions you've mentioned will be addressed in the near future actually. Let's say they were left unanswered for that reason exactly.

I'm glad it came through that Dureg as well as Edmunds perhaps weren't killed. We made it a big point that the Enoly ships were in fact not destroyed, they kind of just vanished. So you do have to wonder where did they go, and was that the way this weapon was supposed to work? All I can say is, expect a surprise regarding that at some point later in the season. If I said anything more it would already classify as a spoiler.

The same goes for the spy in Malaysia. Was Kevin really innocent? Was it perhaps Moore? I'm sure one day we might know. The fun of telling stories over a long time period.

And humanity's destiny that you mentioned, that's pretty much what the whole series in the long run is about. So, definitely by the time the series ends (whenever that will be), we'll be closer to knowing what that's all about. We have been discussing some long term plans for the future of the show as well as some of the characters.

Anyway, there's so many things you mentioned. I'll just leave it at saying... we're not planning to leave any plot thread unresolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                            The ending went through a few developments actually; that wasn't working for the longest time.

However, I have to say it's actually not a deus ex machina. I know Joe Mallozzi said this some time ago about another episode, and it's true. A deus ex machina would be resolving the story in a way where the main protagonist doesn't have any influence on how it's ultimately resolved, meaning it's nothing that Grant or anyone else really had any influence on. In this case everything since "The Devil To Pay" has been leading up right toward this. This alone was the reason for the Nebulan Woman to even talk to Grant in "The Devil To Pay".

So it comes unexpected, but not a deus ex machina.
                            That's a good point...I guess "unexpected" sums it up pretty well; it was defintely a non-traditional ending.
                            Rocky

Comment

Who is running against Connelly. It's a two party system. He has to have an oppenant.
                              sigpic
                              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Working...
                              X