This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Gurluas:
    Where did you get this information. These were not mentioned in any of the three series. Is it from the game story?
    Either way they don't seem to bee canon, because there were no Solacris, the degeneration of the Asgard was not accelerated, they got there where they were at the end in tens of thousands of years. Plus they fought the replicators, which also didn't help them. I personally don't like the idea of furlings making goa'ulds. Why would an Alliance race, like the furlings a race that depends on host bodies in order to live a "full" life. That's just wrong. The Ancients made us after the plague, not for care taking. No wonder why the game left unfinished, with a concept like this, which essentially contradicts half of the SG-1 history and also SG Atlantis too. Why can't they just make a game that's taking place after the events of the series and follows canon. Is it too much to ask? Plus if they want to somehow incorporate the SG-1 characters, starting from the Apophis arc, that can be done by canon too.
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

http://images.wikia.com/geekfights/i...te_Furling.jpg

^ lol

Seriously, perhaps the Furlings were originally the Wraith. I doubt we'll find out. They were not mentioned in Stargate Universe, or Atlantis (i don't think).
      sigpic

Comment

@Kali:
        I now have the image of a "cute" furry Todd burned into my mind forever.
        Thanksalot.
        sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

haha^ no problem.
          sigpic

Comment

i don't know if anybody noted this already and certainly not reading over 200 pages to find out so here it is

if the Ancients represent angelic beings the Asgard northern giants and Nox fairies then it is logical the Furlings appear in mythology too.

when the Goa'uld ruled earth as Ra was their leader their culture was centered more on Europe and Africa as we see in SG1 there are few Goa'uld posing as gods who are not from the surrounding regions of Egypt, Greece and Britain.

what we already know of the Furlings is they have transporter technology(implied by furling text) and apparently implied by design they created the touchstone held by a Polynesian looking culture. in spin off media they are creators of the mist giants and crystal skulls and have (or had) their own protected planets, including Tollan and Orban, both with ties to Mesoamerica where few Goa'uld are noted to have influenced and where the crystal skull was found.

so if the Furlings were there they should appear in mythology. notably in the heavily dominated Goa'uld pantheons of Europe and Africa, bats are seen as evil and tricksters, but in the Americas, orient and Polynesian cultures they are seen as benevolent, one Aztec myth even notes how a bat god kills 2 sky serpents who take human form. another trait attributed to the bat gods is the ability to become a fog or mist (giant aliens?) were associated with skulls (crystal skulls) and ghosts (think of those moments where Daniel is out of phase but people sense that someone is near)in addition a statue found in real life in Tenochitlan depicts a half man-bat creature. so what i propose is this,

what if the Furlings were bat like creatures (they would still be fuzzy) who as one of the 4 races opposed the Goa'uld. they liberated many Mesoamerican cultures like Orban and Tollan from the goa'uld, presumably they would be within the same domain in space or nearby. they set up the crystal skull network of worlds and made use of lepton phase shifting technology to exist on another dimension unseen. so they could well still be around just undetectable, or possibly the Goa'uld wiped them out, causing the other great races to disband?

however still don't understand why crystal skull pyramid was the biggest (possibly the first and that the Goa'uld got their tech from the Furlings? they got it from somewhere not all of it is ancient.)

also of note the Orban Goa'uld was Chalchiuhtlicue, rain goddess wife of Tlaloc, in more ancient cultures Tlaloc becomes Chaac, in stargate Chaac is Telchak, the one who used the creepy zombie making cube.

Comment

hey has this been brought up why didn't they just make the Furlings shape shifters like humans that shift into animals lots of myths they could've used
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Gurluas is correct about the furling background story. It was going to be in Stargate Worlds but only got canceled because Cheyenne Entertainment got bankrupt. The story about the Furlings was written by the same people who wrote the SG1 and SGA stories and is considered canon.
                Didn't see anything about them being crystal though.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It would seem that the Furlings had greater origins with Mesoamerican folklore, and technologies associated with nature more. Mayan art and myths also have some significant portrayal of dwarfs. I think the Furlings could be a race of dwarfs, pigmy, or hobbit like beings, who uses nature to portray themselves as giants and more powerful beings.

Comment

I personally like the mystery of the Furlings more than i like the idea of ever having some sort of revelation.

Comment

I think humans changing into animals would've been a great idea and there is alot of mythology they could've used
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I think humans changing into animals would've been a great idea and there is alot of mythology they could've used
                        sigpic

Comment

The furlings are ewoks! And I have always thought that MGM should have made a movie when they go to The Andromeda Galaxy and the Furlings live there.
                          sigpic

Dr.Rodney McKay: Their operating system is a mess, thank goodness I remember DOS

Hallowed are the Ori

Stargate Space Simulator- http://marcusdamli.wix.com/stargate-eternity

Comment

Originally posted by TheAtlantia View Post
                            The furlings are ewoks! And I have always thought that MGM should have made a movie when they go to The Andromeda Galaxy and the Furlings live there.
                            I do like the idea of furlings, but IMHO once they became more of a mystery, any hopes of ever seeing them were crushed. They're 6 or so seasons late with showing them. Now, no matter what the furlings in even the most optimistic scenario are, you'll be pleasing 10% of the fans. 30% will hate you for showing, 30% hates you for using the wrong kind of Furling, 30% hates you for using the wrong scenario. Percentages may vary a bit, but you simply won't please even half the fans.

Comment

Shapeshifters would've been a great way to go the last episode we heard about them was Paradise Lost. They were persecuted for who they were and wanted a place to live in peace but had to be secret or hard to get to Shapeshifters who changed into animals would've worked
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                I wrote a fic a couple years about Furlings being Werewolves
                                Turned shippy though. Daniel/OFC.

Comment

Working...
                                X