This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...

First let me say I think SGC have met the Furlings.. in a way. We (and SGC)just did not realize it. I refer to the Crystal Skull episode. That giant it seemed familiar like.. oh.. say.. Thor's avatar. The giant avatar could be a sentry to protect Furling technology from the Goa'uld like the Asguard did.

Second, We also know Earth was an Ancient outpost. However Earth could have also been an Alliance outpost. If you think about it each of the 4 races have influenced humanity, and in some ways found in Earth's mythologies. The Asguard= the Asguard pantheon in the Baltic region. The Nox= fairies or the Tuatha De Danann found in Wicca, Druid, Celtic, and the Gaul mythologies. The Ancients= ethereal beings, angels, spirits, etc.. influenced mythologies through out the world. Then there are the Furlings whom we are not sure of, but if you factor common mythologies there seems to be two missing major powerful beings. One the dragons which are less beneficiaries to civilization. The other are the giants.

Well combining the giant avatar, the crystal skull, the familiar temple on SG1, and the giants of myth. It looks like the Furlings influenced the Americas. If you look up some Ol'mec and Toltec myths; they mention several times of giant humanoids being the first to rule the land (central and south America). These giant were said to be able to move giant slabs of stone with ease. It could be possible that in the star gate universe the giants were the Furlings that possibly later adopted the Aztec, Mayan, and Incan gods avatars.

Also when Jack first met the Asguard with that killer head-ach; the one speaking mention the Furling to which Jack replied "Nope, haven't met them." The one Asguard says something along the lines of "You will know them when you meet them."
    Check your facts.
    http://www.fact-index.com

Comment

Your all wrong! The furlings *ARE* ewoks!!! The undeniable proof of this are my post in TLW thread in off-topic!
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

For some reason, I picture a Furling as a cross between a Furby and an Ewok.

sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

So, strange bits of leather clothing and a plastic beak?
          Nmom
          sigpic

Comment

Thread Delivers!

5 Golden Manbabies To You Good Sir!!!!

Comment

Is there any confermation that it's spelled "Furling?" I think that whoever said that it could be "Feralling" or something around there was on the right lines....
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                Is there any confermation that it's spelled "Furling?" I think that whoever said that it could be "Feralling" or something around there was on the right lines....
                Yes, it's Furling. (For example, Joe always spells it Furling)

Comment

The Man

Comment

If the Goa'uld get really nasty, I'd like to see the Furlings step in and whomp them... especially if they are big and furry like their name sounds! It would be cool to see a Furling bear hug a Goa'uld and break his back over another Furling's knee, and then make the Goa'uld renounce all claims of godhood in front of a crowd of stunned Jaffa.

O'Neill would probably have some smartass comments during all of this . . . it would be such a funny moment, to see someone put the fear back into the Goa'uld (apart from the impersonal replicators).
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

That would be great if the Furlings just appeared out of nowhere and just wiped out a fleet of Gou'ald
                      __

__

Comment

No! No furlings wiping out Gou'alds....Furbies aren't allowed to be evil.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          That would be great if the Furlings just appeared out of nowhere and just wiped out a fleet of Gou'ald
                          That would be so funny, but kewl... *evil smirk
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Funny but unpredictible. I do doubt that it would actually happen
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              Funny but unpredictible. I do doubt that it would actually happen
                              Little furbies walking around Shooting Goa'ulds... Haha..
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I remember my little sister had a Furbie toy and it drove me crazy. It kept saying Furby all day long
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X