Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206213214215216
Results 4,301 to 4,309 of 4309
    Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Default Re: The Ultimate Furling Discussion Thread

I think humans changing into animals would've been a great idea and there is alot of mythology they could've used

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Universe A, Milkyway Galaxy, The Sunsystem, Earth.

The furlings are ewoks! And I have always thought that MGM should have made a movie when they go to The Andromeda Galaxy and the Furlings live there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAtlantia View Post
    The furlings are ewoks! And I have always thought that MGM should have made a movie when they go to The Andromeda Galaxy and the Furlings live there.
    I do like the idea of furlings, but IMHO once they became more of a mystery, any hopes of ever seeing them were crushed. They're 6 or so seasons late with showing them. Now, no matter what the furlings in even the most optimistic scenario are, you'll be pleasing 10% of the fans. 30% will hate you for showing, 30% hates you for using the wrong kind of Furling, 30% hates you for using the wrong scenario. Percentages may vary a bit, but you simply won't please even half the fans.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Shapeshifters would've been a great way to go the last episode we heard about them was Paradise Lost. They were persecuted for who they were and wanted a place to live in peace but had to be secret or hard to get to Shapeshifters who changed into animals would've worked

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I think humans changing into animals would've been a great idea and there is alot of mythology they could've used
    I wrote a fic a couple years about Furlings being Werewolves
    Turned shippy though. Daniel/OFC.

Probie

My theory is that in the episode "Paradise Lost", Jack O'Neill has found the skeleton of Furling (even though the creators did not use it in the episode). It was a creature of low growth with a big head. Because of the "fur" in their name, O'Neill imagine them as Ewoks – like they were presented in "200".

i like the idea, mentioned above, about the Furlings living in the Andromeda Galaxy. I've had the same thought or similar many times myself and it makes sense too that the Alliance of Four Great Races were from different galaxies.
    -the Asgard are native to the Ida Galaxy
    -the Nox are native to the Milky Way Galaxy
    -the Ancients are native to the (previously) Ori Galaxy
    -the Furlings are native to the ...Galaxy (Andromeda Galaxy would make sense because 1: it is in the Local Group 2: it is a large galaxy as well 3: there was an episode with a visiting Asgard whose was not Thor and when SG1 asked where Thor was the reply was along the lines of he had business in another galaxy that needed his attention, Furlings maybe??-can't remember the name of the episode but i remember the scene)

Regardless i would have liked to see our characters meet the Furlings at some point(not including episode 200), was hoping when SGU first started to air that maybe we'd finally get that chance to explore that race some more but it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
    Regardless i would have liked to see our characters meet the Furlings at some point(not including episode 200), was hoping when SGU first started to air that maybe we'd finally get that chance to explore that race some more but it didn't happen.
    SGU being about the Furlings would have been rather interesting. Maybe the Destiny could have been a Furling ship or something!

Chief Master Sergeant

theres the argument the episode "Grace" is a visit by the furlings and they could be telepathically communicating with Carter and testing her and her loyalties vs her compassion and mercy, perhaps Asgard told them about the humans and SG1, Carter was the Science officer of SG1 in essence, and as the only member of SG1 a perfect target to be tested of her sentience and ability to transcend the moment upon the Prometheus etc