X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

Old man: "I worship the god Whatnot."
    Visitor: "Whatnot was a false god, and he's long dead."

So... does the old man laugh at the foolish visitor? get upset with the heretical visitor? challenge the mistaken visitor? rant at the iconoclastic visitor? express any surprise at all at the visitor's assertion? No! Not at all! It was pretty much -

Old Man: "Oh. Want to look at my books?"
    Yeah, that bothered me a lot. No realism in that AT ALL.

And the Prometheus' crew uniforms look somewhat like the ones from ST: Enterprise, which bothered me a little. Plus Ronsen, for all his claiming command, only basically took suggestions until they landed, when he suddenly became Mr. "This is my ship." I liked him better as a blowhard than a useless wet noodle, but the change was quite sudden.

Comment

Did the xenophobic defense minister guy remind anyone of Lurch from the Addams Family?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        There was one bit that I could never have predicted:

Old man: "I worship the god Whatnot."
        Visitor: "Whatnot was a false god, and he's long dead."

So... does the old man laugh at the foolish visitor? get upset with the heretical visitor? challenge the mistaken visitor? rant at the iconoclastic visitor? express any surprise at all at the visitor's assertion? No! Not at all! It was pretty much -

Old Man: "Oh. Want to look at my books?"

Sheesh.

I found s8's Icon to be very cathartic.

That old guy drove me crazy!

Cool ep with the Prommie and all the guns. I especially liked the uncovering of the Stargate.
        I thought it was funny that the Tigrean(sp?) city had earth-like billboards.
        Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor
          I thought the first 15 minutes was funny. I think the characters watched too much Star Trek. Good episode.
          I thought they were kinda making fun of Star Trek, (and a lot of normal military protocol in general).
          Originally posted by SGSlugger
          In Star Trek, the Prime Directive was a Starfleet order that under no circumstances are we allowed to interfere (ie, make contact, swap technology with) with a more primitive race. A primitive race was anyone that didn't achieve a warp flight.
          If the SGC had one, we couldn't have landed on Pangara (right planet?) to see if they had a stargate.
          If the SGC had one, they couldn't have done A LOT of what they've done over the years.
          Originally posted by omnian
          The uncovering of the Stargate is very reminiscient of the beginning of the movie which made me smile, lol.
          I liked this a lot too.

One thing I really liked about this episode was that the Tegarens did not turn out to be some "evil" race with some sinister motive or other such skeleton in their closet. Too often, a lot of sci-fi leans on something like that. True, the defense guy was way over paranoid, but that was it, he just wanted things to stay the same. The Chairman had some concerns about the new visitors, but was willing to move forward with relations and try to help them. Very good story the way it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
            i did not finish the ep and am not shure wether this was mentioned already but: these people seem avanced(did not finish to know wether this is true)so why would sg1 not ask if they had a hyperspace generator?
            How could they have a hyperspace generator, if they haven't been to other planets, and not even met people from other worlds?
            Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
            (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

I like how well Jonas and Teal'c worked together in this one to figure out where the gate was buried. Nice that Earth made some a new ally. Jonas definitely has some great muscles. Did anyone else notice how Teal'c called him Jonas and not JonasQuinn when they were uncovering the stone covering the gate? That always stands out to me for some reason.

Comment

Just saw this episode again last night, and noticed something. Was it just me, or did the weapons Commander Kalfas and his men were using resemble the weapons of the Genii on SGA?

Comment

Yes they do, maybe TPTB hoped no one would realise but thats the problem with repeats!

Comment

Nice Jonas eppy....but i rather they save time and effort for good stroies rather than new props

Comment

HEy everybody! Memento was just on SciFi, and I forgot how much I loved that episode. When did Col. Pendergast take command over The Promethious?

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedAbydonian
                        HEy everybody! Memento was just on SciFi, and I forgot how much I loved that episode.
                        I thought I was the only one! I have no idea why its so good... it just is...

Anyway, he took over.... I just realized I have no idea when.

Comment

Oh yeah, did anyone notice whether the Memento stargate had 9 chevrons? It looked like it did, but i'm not sure.

Comment

Pendergast took command of prommie in The New Order. 801-802

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jumper One]I thought I was the only one! I have no idea why its so good... it just is...

I love the part when they uncover and raise the Stargate in the setting sun

Comment

Yeah, I caught the last half of "Memento" tonight on Sci-Fi. I agree, it was a really good ep from season 6.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X