Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Memento (620)

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Memento (620)

Nope didnt notice that.

Default Re: Memento (620)

I just watched 'Momento' from season 6 and it has one of my favorite scenes in it that is totally Stargate - it is the raising of the gate with the sun shining through it. Strangely it reminds me of the barn raising in the movie 'Witness' also a favorite of mine.

Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

I have liked this episode. It reminded me good old Star Trek : TNG days. First contact with a less developed civilization from space , distrust by each sides etc. Great stuff.

Col Ronsen's rank is upside down on his flightsuit. I'm watching SG-1 season 1-10 for the first time and hope they get that small but important (to this Air Force Lt Col) item corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoser View Post
    I just watched 'Momento' from season 6 and it has one of my favorite scenes in it that is totally Stargate - it is the raising of the gate with the sun shining through it. Strangely it reminds me of the barn raising in the movie 'Witness' also a favorite of mine.
    That's exactly what I thought, too. Even the music.

Chief Master Sergeant Seperated@Birth?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcouncil View Post
    Col Ronsen's rank is upside down on his flightsuit. I'm watching SG-1 season 1-10 for the first time and hope they get that small but important (to this Air Force Lt Col) item corrected.
    THANK YOU! I thought I was seeing things!!

BTW...The visuals on this episode were fantastic and I REALLY liked the lighting of the interior of the windowed rooms on Prometheus...very realistic!!

I always liked this episode (on now on SciFi). It just seems so 'real': being stranded in an unknown place in the galaxy, trusting new acquaintances (or not), searching for and digging up the buried Stargate. I really like the scene when it's brought out of the ground. I know it's a bit cliche and melodramatic, but pulling it up with the sun slanting through it... it's just cool.

Also realistic how SG-1 comes face to face with someone just like Jack: cynical and suspicious, and quick to try a military solution.

Second Lieutenant

seems like everytime something goes wrong with earth space crafts, it's because of the "instability of naquadria". this is getting to be like "reversing the polarity" thing.

what i like about this episode is the prometheus. and jack being diplomatic. this is not the first time this season that i noticed that he had sort of been channelling daniel. am i the only noticing the change in jack's attitude this season?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by jyh View Post
    I always liked this episode (on now on SciFi). It just seems so 'real': being stranded in an unknown place in the galaxy, trusting new acquaintances (or not), searching for and digging up the buried Stargate. I really like the scene when it's brought out of the ground. I know it's a bit cliche and melodramatic, but pulling it up with the sun slanting through it... it's just cool.
    yup. that scene was really cool. best scene in the ep. imho.

fantastic episode, i don't think these people are mentioned again are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Butlersgate View Post
    No, but I don't think there was much to go back to really. The episode itself was a good one. I really liked it too for the gate raising bit, it echoed the pulling up out of the sand of Earth's gate at Giza in the original movie, that was a nice touch.

It was great episode that explored many parallels that Earth went through. The Daniel like archaeologist who despite the beliefs of his world doggedly pursued the idea that the gate existed and their planet's history was older than officially recorded. The military leader who feared what the gate would bring, what the population would think learining of aliens visiting but the leadership deciding too to keep it from them.

Despite being one of the less popular episodes it is up there amongst my favourites. It captures the spirit of what I feel Stargate is all about, the awe and mystery of new discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    No, but I don't think there was much to go back to really. The episode itself was a good one. I really liked it too for the gate raising bit, it echoed the pulling up out of the sand of Earth's gate at Giza in the original movie, that was a nice touch.

It was great episode that explored many parallels that Earth went through. The Daniel like archaeologist who despite the beliefs of his world doggedly pursued the idea that the gate existed and their planet's history was older than officially recorded. The military leader who feared what the gate would bring, what the population would think learining of aliens visiting but the leadership deciding too to keep it from them.

Despite being one of the less popular episodes it is up there amongst my favourites. It captures the spirit of what I feel Stargate is all about, the awe and mystery of new discoveries.
    i thought there was a lot to go back too, they could of been allies in battles with the gou'ld etc. they had similar technology and would of been worthy allies, not ones which always have their own problems or are too advanced to help us out on a regular basis.

i thought there was a lot to go back too, they could of been allies in battles with the gou'ld etc. they had similar technology and would of been worthy allies, not ones which always have their own problems or are too advanced to help us out on a regular basis.
    I guess so, unfortunately it ends up like it did with other potential allies, no time to revisit and they are just a note in the record of planets visited by SGC teams. You do make a good point that the people of this planet had the potential to be a good ally. It would have been interesting to see allies of similar technology joining in with the fight, but I think the leaders of Earth wanted more superior technology than theirs to use against the Goa'uld and that's why races like these were not approached again.

I wonder why it was Jack who broadcasted the message to the planet instead of Ronsen, who was the official commanding officer of the vessel. I am glad that Jack did that and totally agreed with the Chairman said about something in Jack's voice gave him confidence that the team is trustworthy.

it was an ok ep. nothing more
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    it was an ok ep. nothing more
    It was the first stargate ep I ever saw. Lol, aliens with German uniforms.

7/10

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

Unfortunately no.
    I would have liked to see a joint mission.

This was a great episode!

A bit Star Trek to it in the beginning but loved the Prometheus scenes .
    And when they found the stargate.

I wish we could see more from this planet later. Maybe new allies ?

Rating : 8 / 10

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Good episode, sort of like back to the good old early days.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I really enjoyed this one, great conflict and I think Prometheus is a great ship.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast