Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memento (620)

Default Re: Memento (620)

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W

Old man: "I worship the god Whatnot."
    Visitor: "Whatnot was a false god, and he's long dead."

So... does the old man laugh at the foolish visitor? get upset with the heretical visitor? challenge the mistaken visitor? rant at the iconoclastic visitor? express any surprise at all at the visitor's assertion? No! Not at all! It was pretty much -

Old Man: "Oh. Want to look at my books?"
    Yeah, that bothered me a lot. No realism in that AT ALL.

And the Prometheus' crew uniforms look somewhat like the ones from ST: Enterprise, which bothered me a little. Plus Ronsen, for all his claiming command, only basically took suggestions until they landed, when he suddenly became Mr. "This is my ship." I liked him better as a blowhard than a useless wet noodle, but the change was quite sudden.

Did the xenophobic defense minister guy remind anyone of Lurch from the Addams Family?

Chevron Re: Memento (620)

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    There was one bit that I could never have predicted:

Old man: "I worship the god Whatnot."
    Visitor: "Whatnot was a false god, and he's long dead."

So... does the old man laugh at the foolish visitor? get upset with the heretical visitor? challenge the mistaken visitor? rant at the iconoclastic visitor? express any surprise at all at the visitor's assertion? No! Not at all! It was pretty much -

Old Man: "Oh. Want to look at my books?"

Sheesh.

I found s8's Icon to be very cathartic.

That old guy drove me crazy!

Cool ep with the Prommie and all the guns. I especially liked the uncovering of the Stargate.
    I thought it was funny that the Tigrean(sp?) city had earth-like billboards.
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlor
    I thought the first 15 minutes was funny. I think the characters watched too much Star Trek. Good episode.
    I thought they were kinda making fun of Star Trek, (and a lot of normal military protocol in general).
    Quote Originally Posted by SGSlugger
    In Star Trek, the Prime Directive was a Starfleet order that under no circumstances are we allowed to interfere (ie, make contact, swap technology with) with a more primitive race. A primitive race was anyone that didn't achieve a warp flight.
    If the SGC had one, we couldn't have landed on Pangara (right planet?) to see if they had a stargate.
    If the SGC had one, they couldn't have done A LOT of what they've done over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnian
    The uncovering of the Stargate is very reminiscient of the beginning of the movie which made me smile, lol.
    I liked this a lot too.

One thing I really liked about this episode was that the Tegarens did not turn out to be some "evil" race with some sinister motive or other such skeleton in their closet. Too often, a lot of sci-fi leans on something like that. True, the defense guy was way over paranoid, but that was it, he just wanted things to stay the same. The Chairman had some concerns about the new visitors, but was willing to move forward with relations and try to help them. Very good story the way it was done.

Rosario, Argentina, aka a galaxy far far away

Quote Originally Posted by corey2002
    i did not finish the ep and am not shure wether this was mentioned already but: these people seem avanced(did not finish to know wether this is true)so why would sg1 not ask if they had a hyperspace generator?
    How could they have a hyperspace generator, if they haven't been to other planets, and not even met people from other worlds?
    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

I like how well Jonas and Teal'c worked together in this one to figure out where the gate was buried. Nice that Earth made some a new ally. Jonas definitely has some great muscles. Did anyone else notice how Teal'c called him Jonas and not JonasQuinn when they were uncovering the stone covering the gate? That always stands out to me for some reason.

Airman

Just saw this episode again last night, and noticed something. Was it just me, or did the weapons Commander Kalfas and his men were using resemble the weapons of the Genii on SGA?

Yes they do, maybe TPTB hoped no one would realise but thats the problem with repeats!

Second Lieutenant

Nice Jonas eppy....but i rather they save time and effort for good stroies rather than new props

Staff Sergeant AscendedAbydonian's Avatar

Default Memento

HEy everybody! Memento was just on SciFi, and I forgot how much I loved that episode. When did Col. Pendergast take command over The Promethious?

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Default Re: Memento

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedAbydonian
    HEy everybody! Memento was just on SciFi, and I forgot how much I loved that episode.
    I thought I was the only one! I have no idea why its so good... it just is...

Anyway, he took over.... I just realized I have no idea when.

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Oh yeah, did anyone notice whether the Memento stargate had 9 chevrons? It looked like it did, but i'm not sure.

Lieutenant Colonel freyr's mother's Avatar

Pendergast took command of prommie in The New Order. 801-802

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Staff Sergeant AscendedAbydonian's Avatar

[QUOTE=Jumper One]I thought I was the only one! I have no idea why its so good... it just is...

I love the part when they uncover and raise the Stargate in the setting sun

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Yeah, I caught the last half of "Memento" tonight on Sci-Fi. I agree, it was a really good ep from season 6.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

tivo'd it not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper One
    Oh yeah, did anyone notice whether the Memento stargate had 9 chevrons? It looked like it did, but i'm not sure.
    All Stargates have 9 Chevrons two of them are rarley seen as they are normally in the ground.

See GateWorlds Omnipedia Arictle Here

Chevron Re: Memento

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    All Stargates have 9 Chevrons two of them are rarley seen as they are normally in the ground.

See GateWorlds Omnipedia Arictle Here
    yes all gates have nine chevrons, duh im supprised people think they dont, watch episodes such as prisoners the 5th commandmant and you will see the gates in all their glory without being stuck in the ground.

earths SG is the same as all the other gates, there isnt anything special about the earth gate with slight exceptions being the powersource jack used to dial the asgard in season 2, all gates can do that, the only gate that has superiority over others is the atlantis gate, this is only because the ancients made that gate the only known gate to be able to dial the milky way, for reasons that make sense as far as the wraith are concerned.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

I enjoyed this episode but something irks me. I have this feeling that, as I've only seen some of season 7 and none further, we are never going to see these people again. The way events unfolded it seems logical we would try to make an alliance or at the very least get some tech or something. When I think of the episode this way, it really feels like a filler episode and it seems to me that the writers were just kind of stuck trying to find a direction and threw this in there to fill the gap. Normally a filler ep wouldn't be bad, stand alone eps are great when done right as this one was. But it being a good filler ep is what kills it for me because it becomes one of those "What ever happened to those guys?" episodes in my mind like the Nick Ballard/Crystal Skull ep. Entertaining and well written episode but I can't help but feel it went to waste.

Btw, one thing I really enjoyed about this ep was the bickering between two prick characters on opposite sides, the commander of the Promethius and that military guy from the other planet that got arrested at the end. Rarely do any shows have that.
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast