The TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT alien Discussion & appreciation THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT alien Discussion & appreciation THREAD

For TNG it had to be the Romulans, these guys were so conventionaly un-vulcan than they were nasty, sharing their linage with Vulcans they added a new twist to the idea and what was TOS idea became the major plot lines for some of TNG best episodes through out the shows seven year run.

DS9 had to be of course the Dominion, but the klingon side of things really made for some interesting ideas, what was a major TNG alien foe and ally quickly became one of DS9's startrek legacies, again the romulans were in their but failed for me to add any of the threat and mysterious themes that TNG had made.

VOY were the borg, almost the TNG best bad guys VOY added a new twist and gave us some of the best borg episode ever, others were the Hirogen and for me a rather less seen alien species 8472, these guys made whatever little screen time they had some of the best VOY viewing i saw over the years, and since their arrival in season 3 its been a bit of a shame we did't see more of them.

In ENT for me it had to be the Xindi, season 3 was my favourite, but in season 4 the introduction of the romulans and others such as the andorians and tellarites did't really do much for me in the way that the Xindi did in their short time.

which aliens good and bad were your favourites and which were your hated?

For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Tholians- cool ships, non-humanoid, real screechy, and the webs!
    Loved the xindi as well, neat to see a race of six species.

Comment

oh yes the tholian's and their webs, i did't like the romulan take in ENT season 4, i thought season 4 was rushed a little.
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

No love for TOS or TAS?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

TOS really predates the serial approach used a lot by the later series. So they had a number of one ep baddies that were VERY interesting:

The planet killer (looked like a giant cone)
          The sunny side up egg in space from The Immunity Syndrome

and my favorite, the little kid in space from The Corbomite Maneuver....... Who turned out to be no baddie at all ...... Tranya anyone?

Comment

I felt Voyager had a lot of interesting aliens, the Kazon, the Vidians, the Hirogen. I wish we saw more of each.

For DS9, it was great to see Cardassia featured so prominently.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
              I felt Voyager had a lot of interesting aliens, the Kazon, the Vidians, the Hirogen. I wish we saw more of each.

For DS9, it was great to see Cardassia featured so prominently.
              I didn't like any of those Voyager aliens. I did like Species 8472 though.

Comment

Species 8472 was for me one of the best VOY aliens that they ever devised, the idea of a species so different than the run of the mill humanoid characters was refreshing and a real shame that it wasen't used more so in the shows run, i guess VFX budget made sure that we did't get to see more of species 8472, three legged aliens always make it more interesting when their nasty

Comment

I didn't like any of those Voyager aliens
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    Species 8472 was for me one of the best VOY aliens that they ever devised, the idea of a species so different than the run of the mill humanoid characters was refreshing and a real shame that it wasen't used more so in the shows run, i guess VFX budget made sure that we did't get to see more of species 8472, three legged aliens always make it more interesting when their nasty
                    Completely forgot about them! Species 8472 and the Hirogen are my favorites from Voyager. Kingons will always be number one with me, TNG Klingons I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                      Then what did you like?

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
                        There was an awful lot of them, that was one problem. Obviously there was gonna be a lot as they were moving out of each species space but many were distinctly unmemorable. But Voyager aliens did have their moments. As mentioned species 8472 and the Borg were great enemies.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

ENT Xindi
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

TNG - Romulans
                            DS9 - Cardassians
                            VOY - Borg
                            ENT - Xindi

The Borg & Remens were pretty bad in the movies.

Mattathias

Comment

Species 8472 forever, more 8472!

Comment

Working...
                              X