No announcement yet.

who watches Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am discovering this excellent serie on the advise of several net-friends and it is quite enjoyable I have seen season one, and though there are a few boring episodes, the main part of the season is good
    Qualities: dialogs, scenario, Londo & G'Kar ^^, Talia Winters ^^
    The fx are not so good but I have heard that in the next seasons it is far more better
    Last edited by harsiesis child; 18 June 2006, 04:56 AM.
    Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I have the entire series on VHS. I even went throught the sometimes grueling method of recording it myself. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the DVDs just so I can watch all the background filler. Can anyone tell me if the behind the scenes stuff is worth the purchase? Are there bloopers?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        I have the entire series on VHS. I even went throught the sometimes grueling method of recording it myself. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the DVDs just so I can watch all the background filler. Can anyone tell me if the behind the scenes stuff is worth the purchase? Are there bloopers?
        There is indeed a great many wonderful features on the DVDs! JMS shares some interesting things with the viewer in his commentaries. The cast commentaries are also good. Seasons 3-5 include bloopers. And Season 4 also has a sort of music video/collage type thing that is really fantastically done with Chris Franke's breathtaking B5 music, of which I could listen to for hours.

I think they're worth it!
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I watched it too back in the 90's. Loved it. I think at the time it was the first program to use CGI. But the xf were used to tell the story along with the music.

It never overpowered the storyline.

Little known fact, that while shooting the show, they were also filming Third Space.

Comment

I fondly recall watching--and taping--every episode of B5 that came out back in the 1990s. After watching the episode, I would check out The Lurker's Guide To B5 (http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/eplist.html) for behind the scenes notes on each episode.

I now have the entire series on DVD (plus the B5 movies and the Crusade DVD set). It's certainly a show that can be seen over and over again, for it holds up very well.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson
              I fondly recall watching--and taping--every episode of B5 that came out back in the 1990s. After watching the episode, I would check out The Lurker's Guide To B5 (http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/eplist.html) for behind the scenes notes on each episode.

I now have the entire series on DVD (plus the B5 movies and the Crusade DVD set). It's certainly a show that can be seen over and over again, for it holds up very well.

Sean

I still love that site. JMS notes were and are still great.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                I still love that site. JMS notes were and are still great.
                Oh yeah. Like B5 itself, The Lurker's Guide still holds up very well today, too.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson
                  Oh yeah. Like B5 itself, The Lurker's Guide still holds up very well today, too.

Sean

I agree.

Comment

And the ever-lasting debate of "who is the man that's already dead"
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                    X