No announcement yet.

The Changeling (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but then again he did take a big action of attempting top destroy Anubis
    __

__

Comment

One of my favourites of Season 6. Loved the brief return of Apophis in this (I miss him so....) and Teal'c as a fireman! Classic.

This episode was so confusing the first time around until the end when it all made sense. Pure genius.....
      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

The Tok'ra engineered tritonen was cool.

(Jul 27th)I didn't particularly like the whole dream thing.

(jul 27th #2)...but jake came through with the tok'ra titonin
        Last edited by Madeleine; 06 August 2004, 10:29 PM. Reason: To merge three posts.

Comment

You're certainly posting your comments
          __

__

Comment

I saw this for the first time last night in syndication. I was confused. Still am, really. I wonder why the occupation of firefighters was used instead of something in law enforcement.

I was glad to see Daniel make an appearance. Really glad to see him in that V-neck sweater towards the end. Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
              I saw this for the first time last night in syndication. I was confused. Still am, really. I wonder why the occupation of firefighters was used instead of something in law enforcement.

I was glad to see Daniel make an appearance. Really glad to see him in that V-neck sweater towards the end. Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.

Lisa Michelle
              Maybe they were firemen because in a sense the SGC teams seem to running all over the galaxy "putting out fires" as it were. (Of course they've started quite a few.)

This was also the first I've seen this ep, and I have to admit it was strange to hear Teal'c speaking so casually as a human in the dream sequences.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                Maybe they were firemen because in a sense the SGC teams seem to running all over the galaxy "putting out fires" as it were. (Of course they've started quite a few.)

This was also the first I've seen this ep, and I have to admit it was strange to hear Teal'c speaking so casually as a human in the dream sequences.

I think you're right relating to the 'fires' But of course, they have started a little too many!
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  I think you're right relating to the 'fires' But of course, they have started a little too many!
                  Uh huh, That's what I said....or something very similar.

Comment

Teal'c's personal experience of Law Enforcement is probably less than positive. Jaffa Law enforcement was probably the lethal-if-you're-lucky sort. Perhaps also the Police Force would be too heirachical(sp) for him.

Firemen are primarily do-ers. Police are do-ers too, but mixed in with the doing is a lot of investigating, administration, going to court to give evidence, routine patrolling.... I think Teal'c sees himself as a man of action more than an all-rounder.

Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.
                    Jolly good!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      Teal'c's personal experience of Law Enforcement is probably less than positive. Jaffa Law enforcement was probably the lethal-if-you're-lucky sort. Perhaps also the Police Force would be too heirachical(sp) for him.

Firemen are primarily do-ers. Police are do-ers too, but mixed in with the doing is a lot of investigating, administration, going to court to give evidence, routine patrolling.... I think Teal'c sees himself as a man of action more than an all-rounder.

Jolly good!

Madeline, I think you give a very good point concerning what Teal'c does, and I think you're right by being based around the avatar of Teal'c, from this episode. I think it was a good episode, and as you said a fireman as much better for Teal'c than a policeman!

I wonder if they have these sort of people on Chulak??
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Madeline, I think you give a very good point concerning what Teal'c does, and I think you're right by being based around the avatar of Teal'c, from this episode. I think it was a good episode, and as you said a fireman as much better for Teal'c than a policeman!

I wonder if they have these sort of people on Chulak??
                        Well if they do, (which I doubt), then they're keeping a very low profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          Well if they do, (which I doubt), then they're keeping a very low profile.

They certainly don't have police, as Apophis was there!
                          __

__

Comment

An interesting and enjoyable episode, well written by CJ, and it looked as if everybody was really enjoying themselves. I loved Jonas' pinny!
                            Some nice "Zen-ish" moments from Daniel, as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

At Madeline W's request, I am reposting this here:

"Why I love "The Changeling" by I.M. Foreman

Think about Teal'c. How much do we really know about our Jaffa friend? How many times have we really ever gotten a good look at the way he thinks, or why he is the way he is. Not often. He's taciturn, and most times downright inscrutible. He very rarely actually says what he thinks.

Then you get an episode like "The Changeling" and it shows you a little bit of who Teal'c is. How he percieves things. How much his time on Earth has colored how he sees things. This episode shows us so many things about these facets of Teal'c. It shows that he still believes Apophis is there waiting to judge him in the afterlife. It shows that Shau'nac meant more to him than even his wife seems to have. It shows how much of a father Bra'tac is to him, and how much he would give for his old Master. It even puts his SG-1 cohorts in their appropriate roles, even down to billing Jonas as "New Guy".

It also shows how much Teal'c meant to Daniel. That Daniel sat with him, entered his delusions to keep him grounded... it showed that the much maligned Season 6 was never really Daniel-less. Even though Michael Shanks only appeared in 3 episodes (not counting the voicing of Thor for another 3), Daniel was still very much a presence in the show. Teal'c's mind must have reached out for help, and Daniel provided it... with Teal'c putting him into his traditional role: the person who explains what it all means.

Trust me, if you go back and look at every scene in Changeling, you will find many subtle, nuanced facets of Teal'c's character nakedly on display, and that is such a rare thing with him. He's so closed off most of the time, that when you get an episode like "Threshold" or "Changeling" or even "Avatar" you get uncharacteristic glances into his thought process. It's sometimes shocking.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

yeah true
                                Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Working...
                                X