Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant someonerandom's Avatar

Default Re: The Changeling (619)

was it just me? or did anyone figure that teal'c and bra'tac were sharing a symbiote and therefore they shared each others' dreams.. hence some scenes was with bra'tac as the focus, not teal'c.. and teal'c was not able to remember the previous scenes....like walking into surgery to have a kidney removed.. to me, it makes sense.. the talk (in relation to rapid eye movement/dream state) of a kidney transplant to me was physically about teal'c putting the shared symbiote into bra'tac.. this was a very well written episode. i really liked this episode. i own all season sets and never watched this one until last night on syndication. it was awesome.

-p

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia
    Just watched this episode again...I love the moment of realization that "AU/Dream Daniel" is actually Daniel, ascended - the "Hang in there, just a little while longer" line, and then cue the beautiful haunting piano melody first introduced with Daniel in "Abyss" - the entirety of it all gives me goose bumps. That last look that Daniel gives Teal'c on the bench means so much.

It's such a beautifully written episode...kudos to Christopher Judge.
    for me the part with daniel pulls the curtain away was also gave it away that it was ascended daniel and not a dream

Arrow1 Re: The Changeling (619)

I miss Teal'cs symbiote and jack calling it junior. I also miss Teal'c saying he needs to go into a deep state of KN.

Wow I didn't realize CJ wrote this one, he did a fine job. I really liked the dream approach and it finally came together in the end. SG needs more eps like this.

Probey was an awesome name for Jonas, and the pink apron ... lol. GW needs a Jonas w/ pink apron icon stat.
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Just rewatched The Changeling last night. Being a person who missed Daniel Jackson in Season Six, I really love this episode. I love that Dr. Jackson was a psychologist, because it just added so much to the story. I do think, though, that in the real life of the SGC they probably all need to go see a psychologist every now and again! The crap they go through!
    Also the fact that the first time I saw it, I had absolutely no idea what was going on. It definitely has good stuff for Teal'c, who continually risked dying to save someone so important to him. You can so tell that in real life CJ and MS have a good chemistry because it is so evident between Teal'c and Daniel. I am glad that CJ decided to write this, because he has such a good handle on his character and is good with the pen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey23
    Also the fact that the first time I saw it, I had absolutely no idea what was going on.
    Neither did I - wasn't it fun, too? I think that was what made it such a standout ep in the season. The whole thing played out in the same way as a dream - there was no real logical pattern to the events as they occurred, people appeared in various guises without any really reasonable explanation for their presence. I have dreams like that all the time.

Not only that, but our confusion is perfectly fine - because it's just as confusing and disorientating for Teal'c. We don't get what's going on - and neither does he. Until the end, of course - when we realise what the cause of the dreams actually was.

I needed a couple of repeat viewings to get to the bottom of all of it, and find references that I missed the first time; but that just gave me the opportunity to revel in the weirdness. I loved that. Kudos to CJ for giving us such a total cracker of an ep.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I loved all of the names that people had that sounded human like bray and t.j. and stuff like that. Daniel did a great job I love the music they play when he is on.

This was my least favourite episode of S5 first time I watched it, but every time I see it, it gets better and better, and now ranks in my top 10 episodes ever, the Daniel and Teal'c scene right at the end is the best scene they ever shared, pure brilliance.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

I agree with The Signal. This episode just gets better and better. It's actually a bit similar to Forever In a Day (my favorite episode) in some ways....especially when Teal'c wakes up in bed with Shau'nac...that reminded me of Daniel waking up in bed with Sha're and wanting to believe it was real despite kind of knowing it wasn't. I also liked how the end scene mirrored the end scene in Abyss.

I find it kind of interesting that neither Teal'c nor Jack shared their encounters with Daniel with others. In Full Circle they both say they've seen Daniel and Jonas and especially Sam seem shocked (and maybe a little hurt in Sam's case).

I thought CJ did a great job with both writing and acting and it was kind of nice to see Apophis again.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    It's a particularly good-looking ep, and has one of my favourite shots in the whole show - the battlefield covered in water and dead Jaffa, and Teal'c and Bra'tac among them. It's rare that a shot can evoke sadness all on its own, without any dialogue or even motion from the actors, but that one's very powerful, and eerily beautiful too.
    Yes, I loved that scene. It was both very beautiful to look at and incredibly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_reich View Post
    did anyone else get little goosebumps the first time around when daniel said "i haven't left your side, Teal'c... and i won't" and you realized it was really ascended daniel???
    I thought it was ascended Daniel earlier on in the ep, but that line at the end was so touching and reminded me how much I missed Daniel.

The episode was very confusing though, but it hooked me in right from the very beginning. CJ did an excellent of writing it, and the director did an excellent job of directing it, and it was good to see into the mind of Teal'c since we don't often get to.

It was a great show all around though! Jonas' apron rocked, and the sg-1 guys looked very nice indeed in their firefighter uniforms.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Major General

Did CJ write any others before this?? If not, he did a great job for his first time out..

Second Lieutenant angelfire east's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    I find it kind of interesting that neither Teal'c nor Jack shared their encounters with Daniel with others. In Full Circle they both say they've seen Daniel and Jonas and especially Sam seem shocked (and maybe a little hurt in Sam's case).
    I think Sam was rather hurt. I heard they flimed a scene between Daniel and Sam to talk about it and why he didn't show up to her (she didn't need him)
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7896/bannercopyt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Did CJ write any others before this?? If not, he did a great job for his first time out..
    I believe he wrote 'The Warrior' back in season 5, but I'm not sure if that's the only one he'd written before this. Still, I agree, he did do a great job.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

It is fun to watch the same cast doing something different. RDA looks real hot in fireman uniform (and Jonas too in that pink little apron).

Though MS is not a regular cast in S6, his frequent guest appearance makes me feel that he has never left. However when RDA left in S9 & S10 he doesn't appear as often as MS and I feel like something vital is missing in that 2 seasons.

this was a well written episode. even i was getting mixed up in the realities.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Quote Originally Posted by Two_L's View Post
    I believe he wrote 'The Warrior' back in season 5, but I'm not sure if that's the only one he'd written before this. Still, I agree, he did do a great job.
    He wrote the story for "The Warrior". Teleplay duties were handled by Peter DeLuise.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

On the Destiny, preparing to propose to TJ.

A step away from the norm. AMAZIng

9/10

Usually I don't like Teal'c base ep, but this one was great. I'd just watched it for the first time, and was really surprised. I love the Daniel-teal'c scenes; they were good in so many levels.

Amazing job CJ!
    ~We do not stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing.~
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Am I the only one who didn't like this episode ?

Sure it was different and nice to see CJ in this episode when you know he directed it himself. And great acting.
    But the story was just confusing most of the time, the last 10 minutes of it I enjoyed.

I want the real Stargate SG , this was too much "AU" for me.
    It was good to see Daniel back.

Rating 6 / 10

Quote Originally Posted by balo View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't like this episode ?
    I'm sure you're not. The episode does have flaws, but I like it.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast