Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Changeling (619)

I don't think it made Daniel 'powerful' as such but good to see he is there when his friends needed him most

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Well, i said that he must have been a powerful being because he could easily place himself in Teal'c's head, and control his dreams, well maybe not 'control' but tell him the things for Teal'c to know to do the right things. Not many 'beings' could do what ascended people can do, so thats why i thought he was powerful

I think the way Daniel guided them, but not in a way to force them to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    I think the way Daniel guided them, but not in a way to force them to do it
    Huh? i know we are talking about Daniel and 'not/is being powerful' etc, but them? force? I'm confused a little.

I meant that Daniel didn't force them to make a choice, but he guided them to each one and help them choose the right one

Yah, i didn't say Daniel 'forced' Teal'c to do anything, i said that his prescence in Teal'c's dreams was a familiar face who could be trusted, which was easy for Teal'c to choose the right decisions, but just not in these words, haha..

Exactly what I was saying, in a little more depth. I liked it when Daniel was Ancient, I think he helped people with a bit more ease

Yah, but i don't think he was even supposed to be helping much, because talking to them was a violation, well maybe not in Teal'c's case.

Yea, but he never really got punished so I don't see how it was

Cause its like how the Nox doesn't do violence in anyway, but in the episode.. i forgot the episode name, but Lya, the Nox lady hid one of the cannons in Tollana, which prevented her from passing the fine line from intervening. Since Daniel didn't do anything physically himself, it didn't really get him in trouble, although he knew they were watching him, but he did mentally talk Jack and Teal'c into doing things without physically doing anything. Ok, maybe you don't have to read what i just wrote, in the episode Abyss and Full Circle (i think), Daniel tells Jack that hes breaking the rules as they speak, or something, i'm going to have to carefully relisten to what he says... Until then, i'll be back

Yes, but then again he did take a big action of attempting top destroy Anubis

One of my favourites of Season 6. Loved the brief return of Apophis in this (I miss him so....) and Teal'c as a fireman! Classic.

This episode was so confusing the first time around until the end when it all made sense. Pure genius.....

The Tok'ra engineered tritonen was cool.

(Jul 27th)I didn't particularly like the whole dream thing.

(jul 27th #2)...but jake came through with the tok'ra titonin
    Last edited by Madeleine; August 6th, 2004 at 11:29 PM. Reason: To merge three posts.

You're certainly posting your comments

I saw this for the first time last night in syndication. I was confused. Still am, really. I wonder why the occupation of firefighters was used instead of something in law enforcement.

I was glad to see Daniel make an appearance. Really glad to see him in that V-neck sweater towards the end. Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.

Lisa Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    I saw this for the first time last night in syndication. I was confused. Still am, really. I wonder why the occupation of firefighters was used instead of something in law enforcement.

I was glad to see Daniel make an appearance. Really glad to see him in that V-neck sweater towards the end. Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.

Lisa Michelle
    Maybe they were firemen because in a sense the SGC teams seem to running all over the galaxy "putting out fires" as it were. (Of course they've started quite a few.)

This was also the first I've seen this ep, and I have to admit it was strange to hear Teal'c speaking so casually as a human in the dream sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient 1
    Maybe they were firemen because in a sense the SGC teams seem to running all over the galaxy "putting out fires" as it were. (Of course they've started quite a few.)

This was also the first I've seen this ep, and I have to admit it was strange to hear Teal'c speaking so casually as a human in the dream sequences.

I think you're right relating to the 'fires' But of course, they have started a little too many!

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    I think you're right relating to the 'fires' But of course, they have started a little too many!
    Uh huh, That's what I said....or something very similar.

Teal'c's personal experience of Law Enforcement is probably less than positive. Jaffa Law enforcement was probably the lethal-if-you're-lucky sort. Perhaps also the Police Force would be too heirachical(sp) for him.

Firemen are primarily do-ers. Police are do-ers too, but mixed in with the doing is a lot of investigating, administration, going to court to give evidence, routine patrolling.... I think Teal'c sees himself as a man of action more than an all-rounder.

Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with Daniel Jackson.
    Jolly good!

Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    Teal'c's personal experience of Law Enforcement is probably less than positive. Jaffa Law enforcement was probably the lethal-if-you're-lucky sort. Perhaps also the Police Force would be too heirachical(sp) for him.

Firemen are primarily do-ers. Police are do-ers too, but mixed in with the doing is a lot of investigating, administration, going to court to give evidence, routine patrolling.... I think Teal'c sees himself as a man of action more than an all-rounder.

Jolly good!

Madeline, I think you give a very good point concerning what Teal'c does, and I think you're right by being based around the avatar of Teal'c, from this episode. I think it was a good episode, and as you said a fireman as much better for Teal'c than a policeman!

I wonder if they have these sort of people on Chulak??

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast