DS9 Season Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 Season Question

What season was it that we first saw the dominion?

And what season was it that we had the first real battle? (i think it was the cardassians and romulans that made the first attack)

We first saw the Dominion, well, (their foot soldiers at least, the Jem'Hadar) in the season 2 finale of the same name ("The Jem'Hadar"). Oh and we see a Vorta in the episode. We actually find out who the Founders are at the beginning of season 3. If you haven't seen it yet, I won't tell you who they are.

Yep, you are correct. It was a coalition between the Romulans and Cardassians (I hope I'm not spoiling this for you). The first battle takes place in the mid-season 3 two-part episode, "Improbable Cause" and "The Die is Cast". Whew!

Welcome to GateWorld by the way.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Don't worry. I've seen the whole thing from beginning to end. Its my girlfriend who hasn't...

She loves Star Wars and Stargate... Thought i'd fast track a little and start with when the dominion is brought in to the picture. Because in my opinion thats when things get interesting... I wasn't too fond of the whole Mauqis (sp) plot... Though I must say, The dominion wars were incredible... My all time favorite episodes of all time are when the different races form these super alliances and go into major battles. For example the final episode was awesome.

Comment

The Dominion is actually first mentioned several times throughout Season 2 while our heroes are in the Gamma Quadrant. It's not until 2.26 "The Jem'Hadar" that we first meet the Jem'Hadar themselves as well as the Vorta. We met the Founders in the following episode, 3.01 "The Search, Part 1."
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SethP
          Don't worry. I've seen the whole thing from beginning to end. Its my girlfriend who hasn't...

She loves Star Wars and Stargate... Thought i'd fast track a little and start with when the dominion is brought in to the picture. Because in my opinion thats when things get interesting... I wasn't too fond of the whole Mauqis (sp) plot... Though I must say, The dominion wars were incredible... My all time favorite episodes of all time are when the different races form these super alliances and go into major battles. For example the final episode was awesome.
          Ah that's cool. I wasn't sure if you had seen it. I was trying to give as much info as possible without spoilers.

It was a fantastic arc, some of the best story telling and on-screen action ever. There's a DS9 thread in this forum. It's been running since last year, and there are still regular contributors. Come and join in, we have been reviewing episodes for the last few months. Fifth_Race (who created the thread) will be posting his choice of episodes from season 4 soon.

Originally posted by DigiFluid
          The Dominion is actually first mentioned several times throughout Season 2 while our heroes are in the Gamma Quadrant.
          Yes, they are first mentioned in "The Rules of Acquisition", "Sanctuary" and "Shadowplay", before we finally see them in "The Jem'Hadar".

Comment

Originally posted by SethP

I loved that two-parter that features the Cardassians and Romulans attacking the Founder homeworld.

BTW, you have a sweet signature, where did you get that?

Comment

Didn't that battle with the galaxy class ship and the 2-3 runabouts happen before the Romulan/Cardassian battle?

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                Didn't that battle with the galaxy class ship and the 2-3 runabouts happen before the Romulan/Cardassian battle?
                Yep, it did, in the season 2 finale "The Jem'Hadar". But it was more of a skirmish than a real fleet action. The attack on the USS Odyssey and the Runabouts was a demonstration of how far the Dominion was prepared to go to stop incursions into their territory from Alpha Quadrant species.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                  Yes, they are first mentioned in "The Rules of Acquisition", "Sanctuary" and "Shadowplay", before we finally see them in "The Jem'Hadar".
                  Ah thanks. I remembered "Rules of Acquisition" mentioned them, but couldn't remember any of the others.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                    Ah thanks. I remembered "Rules of Acquisition" mentioned them, but couldn't remember any of the others.
                    No problem mate. I got myself up to speed again after I joined this forum. My 'Trek knowledge had been somewhat lacking these past few years. Too much Stargate is to blame, which is no bad thing either.

Comment

Working...
                    X