Who is your favorite character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your favorite character

Malcom “Mal” Reynolds - The Captain (Nathan Fillion)
    A former soldier that lost in the battle against unification of the planets by the Alliance, Mal now captain’s the Serenity with his main goal to keep the ship flying and its crew intact. His desire for a normal life is a constant conflict with his desire to stay in space. He’s witty and very bitter over losing the war, and sometimes flies on the shady side smuggling, stealing, and conducting illegal salvage operations...but he has his limits and won’t murder, kidnap or participate in the slave trade - though he certainly won’t hesitate to shoot if needed. There are very few people he trusts and is still very upset they lost the war.

Zoe - The Soldier (Gina Torres)
    loyal comrade during the war, Zoe serves on board the Serenity along with her husband, Wash. Has the strength and experience to take command when needed. She is a serious bad-ass as likely to punch or shoot someone as she is to talk. One of the few Mal trusts and she would follow him to hell and back.

Wash - The Pilot (Alan Tudyk)
    Zoe’s husband, Wash is very calm, laid back with a sense of humor but is otherwise pretty unassuming and far from the hero type. Zoe loves him and his calm demeanor...but just might have a thing for the Captain as well. He can be a bit jealous and doesn’t like the way Zoe tends to blindly (in his opinion) Mal’s orders.

Kaylee - The Mechanic (Jewel Staite)
    The ship’s engineer, Kaylee prefers life on her ship to any planet. She is young, sexy, and relentlessly cheery. She loves life, the ship, and is fiercely protective of Serenity. She has an intuitive sense for ships and how to fix them and does not want to let the Captain down in keeping Serenity running smoothly.

Inara - The Ambassador (Morena Baccarin)
    A “Companion” by trade, no one seems to know what such a high-priced working girl is doing on the very low class Serenity. She’s elegant, educated, and beautiful. She maintains her own space - a shuttle on the ship - and only has the high class and decent clientele. Prostitution is legal on almot all planets and she is nicknamed “The Ambassador” by the crew since most worlds won’t dock with a ship without a decent companion aboard. She doesn’t count the crew among the her clients.

Jayne - The Mercenary (Adam Baldwin)
    Big, tough, gruff and often unpleasant, Jayne is a loyal soldier...till he gets a better offer. He’s good in a fight, but would sell out the crew in a heartbeat if there was something in it for him. He develops a begrudging respect for Mal and the rest of the crew - but if a better offer does come along, you never know where Jayne might go.

[B]Simon Tam - The Doctor (Sean Maher)
    Often disagreeing with the Captain, Simon comes from a wealthy family with a privaledged upbringing quite different from his life aboard the Serenity. He was in favor of the Alliance which puts him at odds with Mal. River is his sister and is fiercely protective of her. Once he displays his skill at planning capers though, he fits in a little better with even Jayne giving him some respect.

River Tam - The Fugitive (Summer Glau)
    River is a lot like other teens - except that she can read most minds and is being sought by the Alliance. Simon is her brother who will do anything to protect her. She is extremely smart, severely disturbed and a teenager. She tends to blurt out what she (and everyone around her) is thinking.

Book - The Shepard - (Ron Glass)
    A priest and missionary, he’s the older and wiser member of the crew. He wants to see the universe and wants to spread hope everywhere he goes. While he’s found God, he’s not sure if he’s found himself. He’s well educated and spends a lot of leisure time with Inara...just to talk, of course.
    Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds
    26.06%
    Zoe
    2.66%
    Wash
    10.11%
    Kaylee
    20.21%
    Inara
    3.19%
    Jayne
    15.96%
    Simon Tam
    6.91%
    River Tam
    11.70%
    Book
    2.13%
    Other (post it)
    1.06%
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 25 March 2006, 04:16 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Gotta be Kaylee for me

she's so sweet and soo funny

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
      Gotta be Kaylee for me

she's so sweet and soo funny

XXX
      Completely second that...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd go with Jayne, simply because when a tough situation comes around, I'd rather have him watching my back than the rest of the crew. Admittedly, there'd come a time when he would try to put a knife in my back, but until then, all would be good.
        Zaphod Beeblebrox for president!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft
          I'd go with Jayne, simply because when a tough situation comes around, I'd rather have him watching my back than the rest of the crew. Admittedly, there'd come a time when he would try to put a knife in my back, but until then, all would be good.
          Hehe lol very true

Comment

Who was my favourite character? Was?!?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
              Yeah! Change that to an 'is' or i'll through you out the Airlock!

Back OT, i'd have to say either Kaylee or River from the regular cast, and Early from the non-regs.
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                oops...

please don't send jayne after me please.

send river
                Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 27 March 2006, 05:22 AM.

Comment

it's fixed now

Comment

Simon Tam
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Dang, do we really have to vote?
                      I seem to remember another thread like this one a few months ago and we agreed about how hard it was to choose just ONE person...
                      *takes deep breath* OK, if I had to choose one person it would have to be Mal...
                      IMVHO, he is the one that makes it happen... Without him there wouldn't be Serenity... without him, they wouldn't get into as much trouble as they do.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Dang, do we really have to vote?
                        I seem to remember another thread like this one a few months ago and we agreed about how hard it was to choose just ONE person...
                        *takes deep breath* OK, if I had to choose one person it would have to be Mal...
                        IMVHO, he is the one that makes it happen... Without him there wouldn't be Serenity... without him, they wouldn't get into as much trouble as they do.
                        and then you always have jayne sitting back never undertanding the situation or thinking of turning his back on the captain

Comment

I voted for Mal. It was a "big damn" hard choice, between him and Jayne.
                          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I had to vote 'other' and hopefully you won't think I'm cheating. While I favor some characters over others, I don't dislike any. But the main reason I chose 'other' is that I'd pick the cast as an ensemble. Things I love about one character are often in part due to another. All of them are so well written and it's their interactions that I enjoy most.
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I had to pick other because it's impossible for me to choose between them. I love them all - they all bring something to the whole group.

Albion
                              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X