Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has SGA had it's 'Fifth race' type epsiode yet...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has SGA had it's 'Fifth race' type epsiode yet...

Long time Stargate fans will always see Sg-1 episode Fifth race as a true classic to the series. http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/215.shtml

but has SGA had there Fifth race type episode yet. or will there ever

fans remember how well Fifth race was written how well RDA played Jack after he had gone ancient. the feeling it gave you about being Human and our potential as a race and meeting the Asgard for the first time face to face.

If or when Atlantis does have will it be a big revaluation. or something special
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 25 March 2006, 03:47 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

mmm fifth race IS a classic. but i reckon torment of tantalus was where it all started

not sure if SGA has had its fifth race, but it is kinda cool to use an SG-1 episode as a guide for what should be considered good, if u get what i mean
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I dont think it even needs one. They're in Atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I think that the radically different state of things between early SG-1 and Atlantis makes that "humanity potential" thing sort of unnecessary.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          mmm fifth race IS a classic. but i reckon torment of tantalus was where it all started

not sure if SGA has had its fifth race, but it is kinda cool to use an SG-1 episode as a guide for what should be considered good, if u get what i mean
          I certainly get what you mean. Of course SG-1 should be used as a guide for what is a good episode. Afterall, it has had a rich history full of great eps.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Im not really sure if Atlantis could have an episode that impacted the way "The Fifth Race" did. I mean, in that ep, we really get a taste of the ancients for the 1st time. Atlantis is still kind of based on that story arc, and by that i mean, finding more out about the ancients.

I dont mean to say that it can't have an episode like it, maybe its not necessary. It would be cool though!

Comment

Atlantis hasn't had an episode that's even close to The Fifth Race. I've seen 5th race atleast 30 times, with any Atlantis ep 5 times at the most. Those numbers doesn't include my drunken marathons.

So far I'm not that impressed with Atlantis. Season One was OK; but Season Two hasn't been that good IMO.

Comment

season 1 was great and season 2 was even better

(take it back)
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Since everything is so developed and has evolved from those episodes, it seems kinda hard to do something like the "The Fifth Race." The Ancients have been explained, the only thing I can think of is if they find the Furlings in Atlantis' galaxy. Now that would be interesting.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Season 1 was great, Season 2 was alright. S2 had some really great eps. But it had a lot that I loathed. Which is unusual for me. There's usually only one hated ep per season MAX.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      Long time Stargate fans will always see Sg-1 episode Fifth race as a true classic to the series. http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s2/215.shtml

but has SGA had there Fifth race type episode yet. or will there ever

fans remember how well Fifth race was written how well RDA played Jack after he had gone ancient. the feeling it gave you about being Human and our potential as a race and meeting the Asgard for the first time face to face.

If or when Atlantis does have will it be a big revaluation. or something special
                      Well said Capt! I couldn't have put that better myself. The episode made me think about human potential and how if we don't kill each we can achieve great things.

Comment

that would be so awesome, like it shephard got himself sucked by one of those dang ancient.....headsuckers, because o'neill is classic but shephard is almost like O'Neill and there just both alike and awesome, so it would be like a blast from the past
                        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Yeah I agree in that its not really necessary to develop that same time of ...feeling since in SG-1 it was Earth, a planet with no defences beyond this team and similar teams like it against a foe that could squash them like bugs anytime they wished. So the primary focus was finding this advanced tech to combat this menace.

While SGA...they have found that tech but its difficult to activate plus they also have some of the tech they already managed to get from SG-1's run so that same 'need' for advanced tech is kind of gone.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Well, season 1 had one and season 2 had two. However, these are not classic because they're so good. They're so classic because the characters are so Out-of-Character and badly written (as are the episodes themselves).

Create a poll on the subject of "Worst episode" and these three will be the Top3.

These are:
                            Season 1's "Sanctuary" <-- no really, who's so stupid as to bring a complete stranger back to Atlantis?!
                            Season 2's "The Tower" <-- "Take me! I want your genes! I also felt it necessary to do a full frontal just because!"
                            Season 2's "Epiphany" <-- "Take me! I saw it in my head for years and years!"

Yeah. I think a better question would be "Has SG-1 ever had episodes as bad as 'The Tower', 'Epiphany' or 'Sanctuary'?"

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              Well, season 1 had one and season 2 had two. However, these are not classic because they're so good. They're so classic because the characters are so Out-of-Character and badly written (as are the episodes themselves).

Create a poll on the subject of "Worst episode" and these three will be the Top3.

These are:
                              Season 1's "Sanctuary" <-- no really, who's so stupid as to bring a complete stranger back to Atlantis?!
                              Season 2's "The Tower" <-- "Take me! I want your genes! I also felt it necessary to do a full frontal just because!"
                              Season 2's "Epiphany" <-- "Take me! I saw it in my head for years and years!"

Yeah. I think a better question would be "Has SG-1 ever had episodes as bad as 'The Tower', 'Epiphany' or 'Sanctuary'?"
                              Season 2 of Atlantis was all about how many teenage girls Sheppard could grope in one season. As fans look back, (if the show survives past season 4), season 2 will be scrubbed clean with bleach and hopefully forgotten. TPTB were danged lucky they were paired with SG1, because most series wouldn't survive such a crummy season. I came very, very close to dumping SGA completely in "2", but thankfully season 3 episodes have been better, but still not quite up to the quality of SG1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X